NUs lowest AP vote comes from a Big 10 Network journalist

NUance

its your opinion at thats cool, but a quick compairison. And FYI Mcneill is not a playmaker. He is the most overated player in the big 12. I have never seen a guy get more credit and pub for doing nothing. 28 catches, 259 yrds and 4 Td's. That is nothing. Once you take out he games against sun belt teams and go with just BCS games, 18 catches, 125 yrds and 2 TDs. in other words, a non factor.

I will give you Paul, but I think you will see the top 3 returing runners for the two teams are pretty much the same.

Nebraska

RB's - 1868 yrds, 404 carries, 4.62 ypc, 14 tds

Georgia Tech

RB's - 2000 yrds, 396 carries, 5.05 ypc, 17 tds

its pretty much a scratch. D is better for NE, O is much better for GT. Ultimatly your not wrong, or right for that matter. Its opinions.

I think Derrick Washington has that claim to fame on lockdown. Along with DeMarco Murray.

Huskerjock,

McNeill's 08 stats made him the 6th best TE in the big12. If you want we could go back and grab every name of every TE in the country that was better, but i dont have time to tally 60+ players for you.... Never said he wasnt servicable, just not a playmaker. You list him like he is a stud. Truth is, he is just another guy. If he does well in his new role, then he will deserve the credit, but until then, he has been more of a name, than a producer and i dont think you can argue that

Huskerjosh,

I love your witty comeback. Nice fail at a burn. Washington isnt tallied as some great all coming like you guys do for McNeill. He is pretty damn good though. Of course you could argue that all you want but you have to make a pretty good arguement against a spread RB who has 1901 yds, 27 TDs, over a 5 ypc avg, another 433 yrds rec and 2 rec TD's in 2 years as a starter.

Then again....if your willing to admit that he shares the second most overated player with Roy Helu Jr, then I guess you could be right. (2 year stater - 1950 yrds, 16 tds, over a 5 ypc avg, and 415 yds rec.) Maybe I take that back, I'll let you put Helu 2nd by himself since he has 31 more total yrds, but 13 fewer td's.

As for Murray, when healthy I dont know that there is a better RB in the confernce. Problem is, he is hurt all the time. But he still has 2471 yrds, over a 5 per carry avg, 35 tds, 977 yards rec & 8 rec tds. Not bad

Why you continue to post comments like this on Huskerboard still amazes me. Guess why people here disagree with you....we are Nebraska fans. Helu had over 1100yds last year on the worst Nebraska offense in possibly ever. He's not overrated and neither is Nebraska as a team.

SkerChicago

Why you continue to post comments like this on Huskerboard still amazes me. Guess why people here disagree with you....we are Nebraska fans. Helu had over 1100yds last year on the worst Nebraska offense in possibly ever. He's not overrated and neither is Nebraska as a team.

I know....thats the point....neither is washington.

Huskerboard or not, saying something dumb about other players and teams, even your own, doesnt mean you cant be debated about it. I stated an opinion, that carries a lot of merit and you know what i get back half the time...

"but...but....but.... your teams sucks." :LOLtartar

Jock and I had a fine convestation about two different teams and one player. Both of us were completely civil with one another and both made valid points. We both shared our opinions and why we felt that way.

SkerChicago

I know....thats the point....neither is washington. :LOLtartar

Huskerboard or not, saying something dumb about other players and teams, even your own, doesnt mean you cant be debated about it. I stated an opinion, that carries a lot of merit and you know what i get back half the time...

"but...but....but.... your teams sucks." :LOLtartar

Saying something dumb like "Mike McNeill is the most overrated player in the country", you mean? Hey, look on the bright side. Derrick Washington won't be overrated this year since he's suspended indefinitely.

When it comes to rankings. I don't understand how they can place Boise State, and TCU and all so high. They play one legit team maybe more, but its just seems to be a little "love the little guys" syndrome to put them this high.

Put them in a conference with just the likes of K-state, TAMU, Missouri, Kansas....yada yada yada, and watch them win more then they lose, but nothing like they do now. Any team can beat anyone on a Saturday. But who a team really is comes out at the end of a season when they've played good competition through out the year.

How would Nebraska be viewed if did the same thing. Joined the WAC, and dominated, and played for a NC every year. NOthing would stop us ever for playing.

Rankings period are not worth the paper written on, or even they keyboards they are typed on.

But this is the world we live in.

*I don't know why I am adding this, but every time i start a new season on NCAA CF11, I put every non-bcs school in the rankings on my schedule, so i can dominate their crappiness* ha ha ha ha

Correct me if I am wrong also Chicago...But I thought this was the home of the greatest fans in college football. I can look honestly at my team. I talk bad about them more than 3/4's of the people here, minus the haters of course. I am not mean & looking to pick fights. I dont flame and I try to bring good info and opinions.

Yes this is a husker site, which is why i am respectful. It is also why I use a ton of husker references and examples. It makes sense, most can relate. You are more likely to identify with your team and players. I could dig up some obscure reference to one of a hundred other college teams or players but it wont stick that way it does if you are talking about your team.

I am not looking for some justification or OMG moment where a poster goes" OMG, Fro is so right...I will be a Tigers fan now!!" Truth is there are a small group of people here who cant take any kind of bad talk about NE. It doenst matter if I am talking to them or not. They freak. However, most of the people here i have good relationships with and we can talk about our teams, good and bad without the other BS. But i am just as much a fan as any of you. Maybe more considering i didnt have champions to cheer for growing up. I had 3 and 4 win teams. It wasnt easy being a MU fan. I saw first hand how my city and this state reacted after just 1 really poor year. Try years upon years of that. I love my team and I am a bright college fan, so if you think i will sit here and be bullied or BS'd just because this is a HUSKER board. YOu are mistaken. And if YOu throw some BS out trying to be funny or a smarta** then expect it back. Its all in good fun...

I guess if you cant take it, maybe you are not so great and should not act like it. For the Hundreds on this board that DO fit that description, thanks!!! I enjoy your posts and conversations and you truly are some great fans of the game and your team

:rant

Correct me if I am wrong also Chicago...But I thought this was the home of the greatest fans in college football. I can look honestly at my team. I talk bad about them more than 3/4's of the people here, minus the haters of course. I am not mean & looking to pick fights. I dont flame and I try to bring good info and opinions.

Yes this is a husker site, which is why i am respectful. It is also why I use a ton of husker references and examples. It makes sense, most can relate. You are more likely to identify with your team and players. I could dig up some obscure reference to one of a hundred other college teams or players but it wont stick that way it does if you are talking about your team.

I am not looking for some justification or OMG moment where a poster goes" OMG, Fro is so right...I will be a Tigers fan now!!" Truth is there are a small group of people here who cant take any kind of bad talk about NE. It doenst matter if I am talking to them or not. They freak. However, most of the people here i have good relationships with and we can talk about our teams, good and bad without the other BS. But i am just as much a fan as any of you. Maybe more considering i didnt have champions to cheer for growing up. I had 3 and 4 win teams. It wasnt easy being a MU fan. I saw first hand how my city and this state reacted after just 1 really poor year. Try years upon years of that. I love my team and I am a bright college fan, so if you think i will sit here and be bullied or BS'd just because this is a HUSKER board. YOu are mistaken. And if YOu throw some BS out trying to be funny or a smarta** then expect it back. Its all in good fun...

I guess if you cant take it, maybe you are not so great and should not act like it. For the Hundreds on this board that DO fit that description, thanks!!! I enjoy your posts and conversations and you truly are some great fans of the game and your team

Fro,

Though I am not a regular poster, I do however read most everything on here, and don't disagree with you much about how people freak easily. Living some time in Missouri as a small kid I too rooted for the Tigers. That is until I was old enough to realize where my roots are from, and switch teams. But under all of the huskerness in me, I still root for them. Just not that one time year.

Anyways, keep coming with the different perspective. The more poster of a different nature is always better when it comes out in good fun.

HuskerJosh

Saying something dumb like "Mike McNeill is the most overrated player in the country", you mean? Hey, look on the bright side. Derrick Washington won't be overrated this year since he's suspended indefinitely.

will i never said that. But you find me another player that was second team all confence with some of the worst stats for thier position in the league.

as I said, if he does well in this new position, then he deserves all that has been said about him. I have no ill will toward M.M., I just gave my opinion when discussing playmakers with another poster

yikes fro.....and the classic greatest fans in cfb comment again. you came on here and said two players important to our offense are 2 most overrated players in the big 12. i still don't understand how you would want us to respond to that....maybe the second bold part???

Also, I didn't give you any bs and i can't wait to be bs'd back, woohoo!! Not trying to be a smarta** by stating the player you called "the most overrated player in the big 12" had 100yds in the worst offense in our teams history. continue to call mcneil overrated as well....it holds little weight in my book.

you should always expect a fan to defend their team, especially when a self proclaimed savvy cfb fan of a rival team says their team/players are overrated. i'm not saying a single thing about missouri, just defending my team from your opinions. don't get your panties in a bunch.

HuskerJosh

will i never said that. But you find me another player that was second team all confence with some of the worst stats for thier position in the league

mcneil has a lot of intangible qualities. sometimes it is more than just stats, that's all i'm saying. :moreinteresting

HuskerJosh

will i never said that. But you find me another player that was second team all confence with some of the worst stats for thier position in the league.

as I said, if he does well in this new position, then he deserves all that has been said about him. I have no ill will toward M.M., I just gave my opinion when discussing playmakers with another poster

You're correct, my mistake. You said Big XII. And it's still dumb, sorry. Would you care to show me when McNeill was second team all conference? Or are you saying preseason all-conference? He didn't have the year we wanted last year. It happens. No WRs had the year we wanted. It doesn't change his talent. Or what he did in 2008. For all I heard about Derrick Washington after 2008, he had a pretty disappointing 2009 as well.

I guess I am missing where Fro said anything that isn't true??

BTW, he was using the Helu thing to prove that Washington WASN'T overrated, not the other way around...

finally... somebody gets it! Thanks ItDtG!

:thumbs

I guess I thought it was obvious, but some may have misread it.

I've always liked you Fro...BTW I'll be in Branson this weekend for my Great Grandmother's 100th Bday. Any particular part of Misery you would like me to pee on during my trip??!?!

:corndance

j/k