Jamal Turner rushes for 298 yds in season opener

CROWLEY -- Arlington Sam Houston quarterback Jamal Turner accounted for 412 total yards, including 298 rushing and five rushing touchdowns in the Texans' 51-48 victory Friday against Crowley in a nondistrict season opener at Eagle Stadium.

Turner, a senior who has committed to Nebraska, had touchdown runs of 1,1, 43, 24 and 5 yards. He accounted for a sixth touchdown when he found Demarcus Ardison with an 11-yard pass in the second quarter. linky

Wow. WOW! :hellloooo

:bigredn::bigredn: :bigredn: :bigredn::koolaid2:

CROWLEY -- Arlington Sam Houston quarterback Jamal Turner accounted for 412 total yards, including 298 rushing and five rushing touchdowns in the Texans' 51-48 victory Friday against Crowley in a nondistrict season opener at Eagle Stadium.

Turner, a senior who has committed to Nebraska, had touchdown runs of 1,1, 43, 24 and 5 yards. He accounted for a sixth touchdown when he found Demarcus Ardison with an 11-yard pass in the second quarter. linky

Wow. WOW! :hellloooo

:bigredn::bigredn: :bigredn: :bigredn::koolaid2:

Let's all fast forward 2 years when NU will have Taylor M, Brion Carnes, Jamal Turner, Bubba Starling and Cody Green all competing for the starting QB position. That is pretty sick.

This kid could like Russell Sheppard at LSU for us. Sheppard is a FREAK athlete that is playing a lot of WR for them as well. If Bubba for some crazy reason decides to bypass the MLB I can see Turner filling that role and almost mold into Bobby Newcombe type career. He is just to dynamic to not find a way to get him on the field with the ball in his hands.

Good for Jamal! Very strong performance, in light of everything :)

Let's all fast forward 2 years when NU will have Taylor M, Brion Carnes, Jamal Turner, Bubba Starling and Cody Green all competing for the starting QB position. That is pretty sick.

I have a feeling it will sort itself out. We seem to frequently look forward to QB depth, but it rarely materializes. You can have a lot of 'good' players at the position without having one 'it' guy...wasn't long ago we were divying up the starting years of our QBs through 2012 between Keller, Ganz, Hildenbrandt, Lee, Witt, Gabbert...(I think Hildenbrandt left before Gabbert was a commit)...we had our "logjam" back then, and it would result in 2 years in being so dangerously thin we had to throw a not-ready freshman developmental project to the wolves and burn his redshirt.

I have a feeling it will sort itself out. We seem to frequently look forward to QB depth, but it rarely materializes. You can have a lot of 'good' players at the position without having one 'it' guy...wasn't long ago we were divying up the starting years of our QBs through 2012 between Keller, Ganz, Hildenbrandt, Lee, Witt, Gabbert...(I think Hildenbrandt left before Gabbert was a commit)...we had our "logjam" back then, and it would result in 2 years in being so dangerously thin we had to throw a not-ready freshman developmental project to the wolves and burn his redshirt.

yup (although ganz was never taken seriously by most until keller was out of the picture).

yup (although ganz was never taken seriously by most until keller was out of the picture).

Which we all now know was dumb of all of us. Love that dude.