(3)Boise State vs (10) Virginia Tech

theneguy95

I was looking at the games that I want to watch for week 1 of the season. This is one I definately want to watch. I think Boise State wins this game, but I'm curious what would happen in the rankings with a Virginia Tech win? When out of conference and not on Nebraska's schedule I always root for the team that is below Nebraska to beat the team that is ahead of Nebraska, but would Boise State and Virginia Tech just swith places in the polls if Virginia Tech wins? Does either team losing or winning benefit Nebraska? What do you guys think?

I think VT wins this one, their running game is supposed to be superb and they always play good defense. It won't surprise me if Boise wins but I just think VT takes this one.

Granted everyone else in the top 10 wins... what do you think that does to the polls? I'm going to guess that Virginia Tech jumps (9)Iowa (8)nebraska (7)Oklahoma (6)tcu and Boise drops to 13-15 in the AP poll.

So a Boise State win or a Virginia Tech win doesn't help out Nebraska in the polls. I'll root for Virginia Tech because there's a better chance they'll lose somewhere else down the line because they have a schedule that doesn't feature high school teams, so a loss when they are ranked ahead of Nebraska later in the season would help Nebraska. If Boise State wins this they will go undefeated and starting at number 3 in the AP might actually get into the MNC

this is almost like a national title game for boise state. after this hey have, what? oregon state to squeak by to stay undeafeated? between the bright lights and vaTechs pounding running game, i see the hokies pulling this one out early in the year. if they were meeting in the fiesta bowl, maybe a different outcome. this is basically a home game for them as well.

Hokies 24

Broncos 20

I don't understand why this was moved? It's related to Husker football because I was asking how it affects NU in the polls...

Not a mod, but the Husker forum is for things about Husker football, not things that affect it. Nearly everything that happens in the NCAA affects NU in some way, but they don't all belong there. I can ask how the Missouri-Illinois game affects SOS and Big 12 vs. B 10 and how that impacts our ranking wrt to Iowa and Ohio State, but it doesn't belong in the Husker forum.

Anyway, I was told last spring that playing Boise State was a no-win proposition. If you lose to them, you will take a hit, but if you beat them, nobody respects it and you get no credit for it. So I guess that means Va Tech can't pass us with a win. :dunno

No, I don't actually believe that.

I don't understand why this was moved? It's related to Husker football because I was asking how it affects NU in the polls...

Not a mod, but the Husker forum is for things about Husker football, not things that affect it. Nearly everything that happens in the NCAA affects NU in some way, but they don't all belong there. I can ask how the Missouri-Illinois game affects SOS and Big 12 vs. B 10 and how that impacts our ranking wrt to Iowa and Ohio State, but it doesn't belong in the Husker forum.

Anyway, I was told last spring that playing Boise State was a no-win proposition. If you lose to them, you will take a hit, but if you beat them, nobody respects it and you get no credit for it. So I guess that means Va Tech can't pass us with a win. :dunno

No, I don't actually believe that.

Ok.... But I can find countless things that are the same... It isn't necessarily about Nebraska, but how it affects Nebraska. Forum is titled "Husker Football" so wouldn't things that affect "Husker Football" belong in the "Husker Football" forum? Still don't make sense to me.