Some good news

ADS

I'm still waiting for Dish Network to have the BTN provided in the Nebraska area. I don't feel like shelling out $10-$20 whatever it is to get the BTN when it should be available in Nebraska sometime soon.

their sports package cost $7.00 a month and comes with btn, nfl network, nba network, all fox sports, and more. it is worth looking into.

So I was brainstorming about the timing of this announcement. Anyone noticed how their has been nothing on the telecast for SDSU game whether its being picked up or not for PPV(someone on here said 6pm, but nothing on huskers.com)??? The game is uhhh 2 weeks away. Me is thinking Delaney's big ole network is gonna broadcast the game as part of the rollout of BigTen network into the wonderful Lincoln NE market. I know it seems it little far fetched, but this the only real reason I can come up with that why TWC is making a big deal about it. Usually new channels just show up on my digital guide. Also the fact that Dr. Tom is gonna be at the doesnt hurt either.

So I was brainstorming about the timing of this announcement. Anyone noticed how their has been nothing on the telecast for SDSU game whether its being picked up or not for PPV(someone on here said 6pm, but nothing on huskers.com)??? The game is uhhh 2 weeks away. Me is thinking Delaney's big ole network is gonna broadcast the game as part of the rollout of BigTen network into the wonderful Lincoln NE market. I know it seems it little far fetched, but this the only real reason I can come up with that why TWC is making a big deal about it. Usually new channels just show up on my digital guide. Also the fact that Dr. Tom is gonna be at the doesnt hurt either.

I like this. Hopefully it happens.. would love to not have to pay for this game.

I'm still waiting for Dish Network to have the BTN provided in the Nebraska area. I don't feel like shelling out $10-$20 whatever it is to get the BTN when it should be available in Nebraska sometime soon.

their sports package cost $7.00 a month and comes with btn, nfl network, nba network, all fox sports, and more. it is worth looking into.

I live in Lincoln & have dish & I ordered the tier that has the BTN & for a nice bonus I got the NFL Red Zone package as well. Well worth 7 bucks/mo. Dish network is alright. Just hope it doesnt rain during a Huskers game.....

that would be too awesome to be true.

Friday is the day!!!!!!!!!!!!! best of all no rate hike. Really excited about ESPN Goalline channel worth the 8 bucks a month.

Time Warner Cable subscribers will be able to watch the Northwestern and Illinois football teams Saturday in the wake of its new deal with the Big Ten Network.

The cable company will launch the network today along with the new ESPN Goal Line.

ESPN3.com and Time Warner's regional Metro Sports Network are expected at a later date, according to local Time Warner spokesperson Ann Shrewsbury.

The Big Ten Network will be available to digital subscribers in high definition on Channel 1238 and in standard definition on Channel 238.

ESPN Goal Line will air on Channel 1314 as part of the digital sports tier. The channel will feature live cut-ins and highlights from numerous college football games. For the 2010 season, Goal Line will be available on Saturdays only, from 11 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.

"We're always looking a programming customers desire, and programming at a good value," local Time Warner spokeswoman Ann Shrewsbury said at press conference from TWC's Lincoln offices.

Nebraska athletic director Tom Osborne was scheduled to speak, but canceled his appearance.

Time Warner's penetration is 66 percent in Lancaster and Seward counties, according to the Nielsen Co. Satellite services DISH and DirecTV reach 22 percent of the viewers, with over-the-air viewers making up the remaining 12 percent.

The satellite services also carry the Big Ten Network.

Time Warner digital subscribers pay $75.44 per months, excluding taxes, franchise fees. The sports tier is $2.95 month. Rates are discounted for subscribers who bundle packages (phone, TV and/or Internet).

Shrewsbury said the Big Ten Network wasn't placed on the basic tier (channels 2-75 for $65.49 per month) because "the Huskers were still in the Big 12, and this was the appropriate place for it."

Will it move to the basic tier next year?

"I don't know what the future will hold for the channel," Shrewsbury said.

She also said she wasn't sure if cable bills will increase with the addition of new channels.

"Every year we look at rate adjustments," she said. "Right now, there is no additional costs."

Shrewsbury said the Big Ten Network picks which games to feed the Lincoln system. The network often carries multiple games at same time.

Minnesota and Purdue, for example, will play at 11 a.m. along with Northwestern. Shrewsbury said there has been no discussion yet about alternate feeds.

ESPN3.com will become available to Time Warner basic and digital tier customers sometime before the end of the football season. The Web site will give subscribers access to ESPN programming.

Metro Sports is expected to join the lineup later this month on digital Channel 232. The regional channel includes coverage of the Kansas City Chiefs and Royals and Big 12 athletics.

LINK

It's official as of 2 hours ago - linky

Time Warner Cable subscribers will be able to watch the Northwestern and Illinois football teams Saturday in the wake of its new deal with the Big Ten Network.

The cable company will launch the network today along with the new ESPN Goal Line.

ESPN3.com and Time Warner's regional Metro Sports Network are expected at a later date, according to local Time Warner spokesperson Ann Shrewsbury.

The Big Ten Network will be available to digital subscribers in high definition on Channel 1238 and in standard definition on Channel 238.

ESPN Goal Line will air on Channel 1314 as part of the digital sports tier. The channel will feature live cut-ins and highlights from numerous college football games. For the 2010 season, Goal Line will be available on Saturdays only, from 11 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.

"We're always looking a programming customers desire, and programming at a good value," local Time Warner spokeswoman Ann Shrewsbury said at press conference from TWC's Lincoln offices.

Nebraska athletic director Tom Osborne was scheduled to speak, but canceled his appearance.

Time Warner's penetration is 66 percent in Lancaster and Seward counties, according to the Nielsen Co. Satellite services DISH and DirecTV reach 22 percent of the viewers, with over-the-air viewers making up the remaining 12 percent.

The satellite services also carry the Big Ten Network.

Time Warner digital subscribers pay $75.44 per months, excluding taxes, franchise fees. The sports tier is $2.95 month. Rates are discounted for subscribers who bundle packages (phone, TV and/or Internet).

Shrewsbury said the Big Ten Network wasn't placed on the basic tier (channels 2-75 for $65.49 per month) because "the Huskers were still in the Big 12, and this was the appropriate place for it."

Will it move to the basic tier next year?

"I don't know what the future will hold for the channel," Shrewsbury said.

She also said she wasn't sure if cable bills will increase with the addition of new channels.

"Every year we look at rate adjustments," she said. "Right now, there is no additional costs."

Shrewsbury said the Big Ten Network picks which games to feed the Lincoln system. The network often carries multiple games at same time.

Minnesota and Purdue, for example, will play at 11 a.m. along with Northwestern. Shrewsbury said there has been no discussion yet about alternate feeds.

ESPN3.com will become available to Time Warner basic and digital tier customers sometime before the end of the football season. The Web site will give subscribers access to ESPN programming.

Metro Sports is expected to join the lineup later this month on digital Channel 232. The regional channel includes coverage of the Kansas City Chiefs and Royals and Big 12 athletics.

In my area, we still have to have DirecTV or Dish to get the BTN. It's supposed to be "coming soon."

I'd like to know when BTN will be available on dish too. Got tired of TWC's ridiculous pricing and switched this summer.

I'm in Denver and the Dishnetwork customer service told me that for the foreseeable future the only way to get BTN is to add the sports package with a minimum of the 120+ package. That's an extra $6/month (I think that cost is correct, been awhile since I called). Those of you in Nebraska, it will probably get added as part of 120+ packages like it is in B10 region right now.

When NU offically joins the Big 10 next July, my bet is that Dish Network subscribers in Nebraska will get the Big 10 Network as part of the basic programming packages, Husker fans outside of Nebraska will still need the sports pack, which on Dish Network also has the NFL Network's Red Zone channel