Tribune Sports Writer Teddy Greenstein will talk about "T-Magic" on Big Ten Network @ 7:00 CT tonight

Nexus

T-Magic once went to a football game and stood up to cheer. A blue-hair told him "Down in front!" so T-Magic ran around her so fast her hair caught fire due to atmospheric friction. She was burned bald, but the blue hair being gone, she stood up and enjoyed the rest of the game. And she thanked T-Magic for healing her.

True story.

• Fire 4

knapp, are you really going to say that it's that out of line for people to be excited about his talent? Yes, comparisons to Crouch are silly at this point, but they're fun. We all know who Nebraska played last week; nobody expects him to average 20 yards per carry this season (at least I hope they don't). But he did look absolutely ridiculously good running the ball in that game.

knapp, are you really going to say that it's that out of line for people to be excited about his talent? Yes, comparisons to Crouch are silly at this point, but they're fun. We all know who Nebraska played last week; nobody expects him to average 20 yards per carry this season (at least I hope they don't). But he did look absolutely ridiculously good running the ball in that game.

¿Qué pasa? :wtf

You're kidding, right? You think I'm saying, in any way, that it's out of line to be excited about TMart? When I've spent the last several days saying how much I think he should be our starter, posting articles showing that he really, truly won the QB competition, and I've been showing as much excitement as the next guy since Saturday?

Just because I crack a couple of jokes (which were hilarious, by the way) doesn't mean I'm calling anyone out for being excited.

He may not, but I will. Taylor appears to be a great QB after one game. He's fast, agile and based on the few throws he made, seems to have a decent arm. However, it was just ONE game. Is he really as good as people make him out to be or are fans more excited at the fact it wasn't Zac Lee out there as starter? Last year, everyone was high on Cody. Year before, Zac Lee (yes...I distinctly remember people discussing his talents, speed, arm strength etc etc). Year before, Ganz (he was definitely a baller!!) and before that, Sam Keller. Every season, its the same old song and dance with the QB. Its get old after a while. Right now, the Cody Green fans are sitting back and waiting for Taylor to have a bad game so they can proclaim CG as the most awesomeness QB at NEB evah!! Then, if CG falters, people will say Lee really should be our starter because he has experience.

Is Taylor that good? Can't say for certain. High school footage proves nothing other than he played well against high school football players. Is he fast? Yes, I agree with that statement. Is he the 2nd coming of Crouch? We won't know until we get into the meat of our schedule. Right now, he's a young player who had a good game against a mediocre team.

T-Magic runs a 3.99 in the 40. I know because I held the stopwatch myself. Dude is like Ussain Bolt fast, and slippery as an eel. He's a combination of Dan Marino, Barry Sanders and Lawrence Taylor, only a better passer, more elusive runner and more intense.

T-Magic once saved a boat full of drowning orphan puppies by walking on the water to get to the boat, only he changed the water to wine first because the water reminded him too much of sweat, and T-Magic never sweats.

T-Magic doesn't run to the end zone, he quantum shifts there, and he does it faster than the speed of light. Bo told him to slow down because if he gets there any faster he'll be there before the ball is snapped, and we'll get a penalty for having 12 men on the field.

T-Magic once went to a football game and stood up to cheer. A blue-hair told him "Down in front!" so T-Magic ran around her so fast her hair caught fire due to atmospheric friction. She was burned bald, but the blue hair being gone, she stood up and enjoyed the rest of the game. And she thanked T-Magic for healing her.

True story.

Taylor Martinez is so awesome that he can get away with a devastatingly non-manly and un-cool nick-name like ‘T-Magic’. A program insider told me that he is so talented that T.O. retired his number before he even wore it because only Taylor is good enought to have a number un-retired for him just to have him retire it again.....

I heard that 'T' is such a man's man, that Bo insists that he "take care" of his own wife because Bo feels cooler for having been with someone that 'T' has been with.

I heard that God prays to Taylor, not the other way around.....

An old HS teammate of 'T's' told me that after he saved the orpahn puppies he was sad because they had no homes. SO he adopted a bunch of orphan children and gave them each a puppy.

And finally....I heard that Chuck Norris wears a pair of footie pajamas with pictures of 'T-Magic' on them.......

:lol:

• Fire 3

He may not, but I will. Taylor appears to be a great QB after one game. He's fast, agile and based on the few throws he made, seems to have a decent arm. However, it was just ONE game. Is he really as good as people make him out to be or are fans more excited at the fact it wasn't Zac Lee out there as starter? Last year, everyone was high on Cody. Year before, Zac Lee (yes...I distinctly remember people discussing his talents, speed, arm strength etc etc). Year before, Ganz (he was definitely a baller!!) and before that, Sam Keller. Every season, its the same old song and dance with the QB. Its get old after a while. Right now, the Cody Green fans are sitting back and waiting for Taylor to have a bad game so they can proclaim CG as the most awesomeness QB at NEB evah!! Then, if CG falters, people will say Lee really should be our starter because he has experience.

Is Taylor that good? Can't say for certain. High school footage proves nothing other than he played well against high school football players. Is he fast? Yes, I agree with that statement. Is he the 2nd coming of Crouch? We won't know until we get into the meat of our schedule. Right now, he's a young player who had a good game against a mediocre team.

It doesn't matter if we're playing Baylor or Alabama regarding his UNREAL quickness. Sure, the "results" would/could change with a better opponent (usually). But to think he won't be as quick because we're playing a good team doesn't make sense.

That's what many of us are raving about. We saw with our own two eyes TMart's incredible acceleration. It's real and it's not going to change no matter who we play.

:clap

I don't want to say that I'm offended that nobody gave me +1 for my T-Magic jokes up there, but let's just say that my feelings are a little hurt, and that you people are a tough crowd. :cry

I liked them so much i joined in on the fun. +1 to you Knappy....+1

Suck up

Awww... you got +1 too buddy. You know i got your back! Although I would have went with "t-magic doesnt run to the endzone....it runs to him" :clap

Anybody in Omaha/somebody with Cox Cable catch this?

Teddy Greenstein, T'magic in his own right, was gushing over Taylor.

Both guests said he was the real deal. I believe Teddy said it is nice that NU has a QB faster than Eric Crouch.

schuhbdoo magic

Faster than Eric Crouch?

Do they have anything to back this up? I'm not saying they're wrong or proclaiming they're idiotic, but Crouch was ridiculously fast and not just against the WKU's of the world. Seems like lofty praise for one game..

I think saying he's faster is a bit of a stretch, anybody got their 40 times or something to show who's faster? Because game speed wise they're both very fast but I remember Crouch being a lightning bolt.

:clap

I don't want to say that I'm offended that nobody gave me +1 for my T-Magic jokes up there, but let's just say that my feelings are a little hurt, and that you people are a tough crowd. :cry

I liked them so much i joined in on the fun. +1 to you Knappy....+1

Suck up

Awww... you got +1 too buddy. You know i got your back! Although I would have went with "t-magic doesnt run to the endzone....it runs to him" :clap

You're my new best friend now :LOLtartar