Sportsmanship

95huskers

As i rewatch the game im noticing one thing that i do appreciate on both teams yesterday. Sportsmanship. Both teams were slappin butts and helmets all day. for instance david made a great tackle on the flat early in the game against the TE i believe and the TE got up and slapped his helmet. Another play that involved david tackling the running back on Neb sideline and Coach Pelini slapped the RB butt to say good run. I saw several times that this happened all day long. Now i do not expect as much of this against say texas but i like how the game was played from that standpoint yesterday.

• Fire 1

As i rewatch the game im noticing one thing that i do appreciate on both teams yesterday. Sportsmanship. Both teams were slappin butts and helmets all day. for instance david made a great tackle on the flat early in the game against the TE i believe and the TE got up and slapped his helmet. Another play that involved david tackling the running back on Neb sideline and Coach Pelini slapped the RB butt to say good run. I saw several times that this happened all day long. Now i do not expect as much of this against say texas but i like how the game was played from that standpoint yesterday.

I also noticed this. I was glad to see it.

From Brian Rosenthal:

•Great Idaho fans. They were out in force Friday night, and gave their team a rousing ovation as the Vandals left the field after the game Saturday. Just don't mention the words "Boise State."

http://huskerextra.com/sports/football/article_463d2db6-bdef-11df-90c1-001cc4c002e0.html

That's a long way to travel knowing your team likely won't win. Wouldn't mind inviting Idaho back to Memorial Stadium on a future schedule. This is the Idaho team I can root for. :wasted

+1..I can't remember the game I was watching last night...want to say it was ASU vs NAU....or USC vs. Virginia, but the lack of sportsmanship was rather sad, and I actually thought to myself, "I'm glad they don't do this stuff at Nebraska."

Probably ASU vs. NAU-it's a pretty nasty rivalry. Don't kid yourself-you won't see any of this nice guy stuff when we're playing UTerus or even the worthless wildkitties of KSUcks.

:yeah

:yeah

Manners? Sportsmanship? You mean they're NOT dead, after all??

Maybe I should relocate the fam to Nebraska. Room for 3 more?

+1..I can't remember the game I was watching last night...want to say it was ASU vs NAU....or USC vs. Virginia, but the lack of sportsmanship was rather sad, and I actually thought to myself, "I'm glad they don't do this stuff at Nebraska."

Probably ASU vs. NAU-it's a pretty nasty rivalry. Don't kid yourself-you won't see any of this nice guy stuff when we're playing UTerus or even the worthless wildkitties of KSUcks.

And it totally should not be a nasty rivalry. ASU *should* be light years ahead of NAU.(The Sun Devils will settle for a few seconds!) Now yes, ASU and NAU are in the same state, but they don't even play each other that often unlike U of A. And while I don't expect the Huskers to roll out the red..um orange carpet for Texas, I expect Nebraska to at least show some class in the game like they do 99% of the time.

Yeah well Ben Cotton and Ricky Henry need a little more sportsmanship they both had 25 yards or more on personal fouls against Idaho,those 2 a counted for over 1/3 of our penalty yards.

Just because some one gets a personal foul does not mean they are demonstrating poor sportsmanship. Otherwise, Suh would have been the dirtiest player we've ever had at Nebraska. Often times, it's a mental lapse. I'm talking about the actual "Unsportsmen like conduct", excessive celebration, taunting etc. penalties. A clip...yeah it's a bad move, but I would doubt that Ben Cotton did it intentionally thinking, "I'm going to F*** this guy up!"