When will Bo leave Tmart in for a whole game, if it's close?

WYHusk

This being NU's first big game, if it's close I would think this is the time to leave Tmart in for a whole game. Inevitably he's going to make more frosh mistakes (like fumbling instead of taking a sack), but the only way to get over those is more snaps.

I don't get this putting Cody Green in, in a scripted way in the 2nd quarter. Time to focus on the true starter? In a big game like this one, do you think Bo leaves Tmart in until it's mop-up time? And if it's close, and there is no mop-up time, does Bo leave Tmart in the whole game?

This being NU's first big game, if it's close I would think this is the time to leave Tmart in for a whole game. Inevitably he's going to make more frosh mistakes (like fumbling instead of taking a sack), but the only way to get over those is more snaps.

I don't get this putting Cody Green in, in a scripted way in the 2nd quarter. Time to focus on the true starter? In a big game like this one, do you think Bo leaves Tmart in until it's mop-up time? And if it's close, and there is no mop-up time, does Bo leave Tmart in the whole game?

This is a big Tom Osborne influence, and I agree with it entirely. He believed in getting your back-up quarterback at least one meaningful series per game, for most games, as long as you're ahead.

It's not going to be close. ;):corndance

It's not going to be close. ;):corndance

As long as they keep their mitts on the ball, I think you're right.

I think if you believe Bo about the QB race, and the fact that it is still open and undecided, T-Mart would stay in the game for the whole game the week that Bo and Wats feel he has cemented his status as the permanent No. 1 guy. Right now, T-Mart leads the race, but the race is still ongoing.

Wonder how long it will take Bo to make up his mind, then. I would think by the start of conference play ...?

Until Green gets in the game and really stinks something up then I really think that seeing him get some action is very wise. Running qb's....... If they don't get hurt they lose some throwing strenth over a season of hits. Nothing wrong with letting someone who worked his tail off also get to see some playing time. At this time even if the game is close I would still imagine Cody gets some snaps. He's done well when he's had his chances.

green- good passer, decent runner.

t-mart- good runner, decent passer.

both can excellently hand-off the ball.

play them both, i say.

well played...well played...

did you see the one where green came in for one play and handed off to helu and he ran for a touchdown...that was one hell of a handoff

honestly, honestly, i thought green should have gotten the game ball for that play.