Student Section

Landlord

How early do students show up for the games? I'm taking a friend of mine (her first Husker game ever after being recently converted) and we have two east student section tickets for the SDSU game (homecoming, if that makes a difference). We want to have enough time to tour the Osborne Complex and etc. and get decent "seats" for the game. They don't have to be front row by any means, but it would be nice to be about halfway up or so (is there any obstructed viewing all the way up in east section for the students?)

Thanks all!

I sit in the south but I can tell you that youwill want to be there at least 2 hours before kickoff. You would not believe what its like when they open the gates, its like 300 and the roman empire, you just get pushed through and people sprint up the ramps. Its hard to believe noone has been hurt yet. Im not sure what time that game is but if it is at 1130 you will need to go do your touring at like 730 if you want time to get in line. Im unsure about obstructions, but I know that students sitting in the east also need wristbands, I think there is a tent right outside the gate but you might want to look into that.2 hours early for an opponent like that though should be good.

I have student tickets in East Stadium. The gates usually open 90 minutes prior to kickoff. Getting in line right before the gates open (after getting your wrist band, of course) usually gets me and a few of my friends in the Row 15-20 range. It's nowhere near the mad dash for seats in East like it is in South--students literally sprint up the ramps over there. Oh, and be a stickler about saving your seats if you need to. I've seen more than my share of arguments about who saved what and other elementary schoolyard fights.

You definetly want to be there when the gates open if you want good seats. The student section is mostly full before the rest of the stadium barely fills up. It isnt a huge game so might not be as bad as the big games. I remember when we played USC in 2007 I was in line an hour or two before gates opened and there was a huge line already at that point.

I have south SS tickets. The WKU game kicked off at 6:30, gates opened at 4:30, I was there at 3:15 or so and I sat in the middle because I had about 6 or 7 people with me and we didn't feel like going down and not being able to find enough open seats. For the Idaho game, the game kicked off at 11:30, gates opened 9:30, and I was there about 5 minutes after the gate opened. This time I had only 3-4 with me so I found seats closer to the field. Out of these two games, I enjoyed being in the middle because it seemed like we had more room, but were still close enough to the action. Also, what everyone else said, in the south section, it's a mad dash for your seat. The lines usually end up not mattering because everyone's pushing the person in front of them to get through the gate.

I've sat in East for 3 years now..

As a rule of thumb..

Show up 3 hours early if you want to be in the front row.

Show up 90 minutes early if you want to sit anywhere from row 5-15.

Show up an hour early and you may find a seat between 5-15.. but you're likely looking at row 20-30.

It shouldn't be too hard to find seats with two.

If you see an open area in a row take it and sit there. If people start to give you crap about reserving it for someone just tell them to piss off.

The key to finding a seat in the student section is find an open spot and sit there; If you don't you'll be given the run around from people and end up sitting in the nose bleeds. Half of the time the supposed people they're reserving seats for never show or show up during the 2nd half barely able to stand.

I have south SS tickets. The WKU game kicked off at 6:30, gates opened at 4:30, I was there at 3:15 or so and I sat in the middle because I had about 6 or 7 people with me and we didn't feel like going down and not being able to find enough open seats. For the Idaho game, the game kicked off at 11:30, gates opened 9:30, and I was there about 5 minutes after the gate opened. This time I had only 3-4 with me so I found seats closer to the field. Out of these two games, I enjoyed being in the middle because it seemed like we had more room, but were still close enough to the action. Also, what everyone else said, in the south section, it's a mad dash for your seat. The lines usually end up not mattering because everyone's pushing the person in front of them to get through the gate.

The first game of the year is always hectic.. as the year goes a long, you can get there at kick off and score row 2-5 seats many times.

I have SS tickets and was there 6 hrs before the western kentucky game and 5 hrs before the idaho game. Both times I was in the 3-5th row. I was with a group of 20 or so and we took the 1-5th rows farthest to east. It is absolutely crazy when they open the gates. People get pushed to the ground and it is an all out free for all. Im surprised no one has gotten seriously injured. THERE IS NO NEED TO GET THERE THAT EARLY FOR EAST SEATS. I have heard that you can show up any where from an 1hr to 2hrs and still have good seats.