Killing his Heisman hopes

craigsker

Locker was on the preseason Heisman and O'Brien lists, so I would say those are legitimate hopes.

You can heisman hope all you want but if your team can't even make it to a bowl game then how are you going to win the heisman? The thing that sucks for washington is that they have to go play @USC right after we give them the beat down.

USC is one of the most overrated teams this year under the crybaby Kiffin.

A lot of talk about Jake Locker being a heisman candidate. Will we be the team that kills off his heisman hopes? Sound off huskernation.

*bump*

1. Washington QB Jake Locker

Has a Heisman campaign ever blown up this quickly? Locker was Nebraska’s whipping boy on Saturday, holding him to 4-of-20 passing for 71 yards, one touchdown, and two interceptions. He did rush for 59 yards and a score, but his start has been so spotty, you’ve got to wonder if that sure-fire No. 1 overall pick next April is in serious jeopardy. http://cfn.scout.com/2/1004088.html

Maybe we should focus on winning the game as opposed to knocking someone out of the heisman race!

Picture this scrolling at the bottom of ESPN. UPSET ALERT: Nebraska losing to South Dakota 27-10 in the fourth quarter.

I tried to picture that, but the images of talking elephants riding unicycles and lollipops raining onto Memorial Stadium distracted me.

Maybe we should focus on winning the game as opposed to knocking someone out of the heisman race!

Picture this scrolling at the bottom of ESPN. UPSET ALERT: Nebraska losing to South Dakota 27-10 in the fourth quarter.

to be fair, to be fair, espn is a sloppy organization. i could see them getting confused.

it would be shortly updated with: Programming Note: Nebraska is actually up 45-0 at the end of the half.

to be fair, to be fair, espn is a sloppy organization. i could see them getting confused.

it would be shortly updated with: Programming Note: Nebraska is actually up 45-0 at the end of the half.

You're right, VT probably didn't really lose to James Madison, Espn just mixed it up.

You're right, VT probably didn't really lose to James Madison, Espn just mixed it up.

are you saying, you really think that sdsu is going to give us a run? i need to know.

QBs with pro prospects should just avoid playing us. Get injured the week before. Nathan Enderle, Jake Locker...it's not good for their resumes, and SI's Risers/Sliders featured those guys 2 weeks in a row in the 'Slider' category.

Then again, we took it to Freeman for three years and he was a 1st rounder and is doing well for himself now.

They'll probably be alright...but the day they play Nebraska is one they'll want to forget.

Speaking of blackshirts....

Does anybody know if they've been handed out yet, and if Pelini has returned to the tradition of handing them out before the first game?

Personally, I don't get caught up in the blackshirt ordeal, but amidst all of the offseason talk I don't remember ONE article discussing the blackshirts being handed out.