One Fumble Won't Change Watson QB Outlook.

I'm torn with this entire situation.

In one hand, we've got the guy who is obviously the best for our offense: Martinez. In the other hand, we've got the guy who isn't the best for our offense but has earned the chance to at least get one significant series a game: Green.

It reminds me of the Frazier/Berringer situation in 1995. Osborne would routinely give Berringer first half snaps because he said he had earned them. That said, both of them were seniors and masters of the playbook/offense. Both of these guys are the same age and they are not masters of anything.

I think it's time Martinez takes the wheel and doesn't let go unless he gets injured or just needs a break from scoring all of his touchdowns. It seems like it's getting to the point where Green is trying to make a lot out of his one opportunity each game.

i think green must be showing much more in practice, which is good. i still think green can be a valuable no. 2. he just needs the experience really, and confidence. i will continue to root for him when he is on the field and trust the coaches decision. after all, they started t-mart, and that has worked out well.

how bad is Zac Lee sucking right now to still be so far behind CG... i mean damn i just cant figure out he went from started to third string.. with CG remaining the backup most of the year and then suprasing ZL this year.. its all very confusing.. but like i said in some other thread the dudes look like they genuinly stoked on TM and his success

Only thing I can think of here is that they have an offense they want to run and would prefer to bring in someone similar (Green) to the Starter (Martinez). But I do agree, Lee at least could manage the game. He must have really fallen off the chart.

I'm all for repping the 2nd string QB, but putting him in on your own 10 is just ridiculous. Put him in when you are on the 30+ at least and don't have to worry so much about 7 and can hold them to 3.

I don't think the field position should dictate when to bring Green into the game. But, I do think the rhythm and momentum of TM and the offense should. In a game like that with a hostile environment, we must keep TM in the game when he has momentum and confidence. The drive before Green entered the game, TM orchestrated a great TD drive, and he was beginning to silence the crowd along with Huskies' D. IMO if we'd brought TM right back on that drive instead of playing Green, we woulda scored again and put the game outta reach for good.