Who's the next commit?

GMoose

Really though, who do we think is the next commit? We'll probably have a flood of 'em after the Texas game if we win, but I want it NOW!

With the limited remaining spots, I don't see anyone committing until after the Texas game, or rather us accepting any committments until after the Texas game.

Well that's no fun. :/

i want to go with Charles Jackson or maybe Hobbi. to be honest, i don't think we're gonna be too limited this recruiting season. we still have a lot of needs to be filled and there is a great possibility on a lot commits, and i think our staff will make room for guys like Hobbi, Drew, Lyons, Cash etc

Does anyone know "roughly" how many spots we still have remaining?

We have somewhere close to 19 seniors on scholarship. Add in 2-3 due to attrition, and maybe 1 of Crick, Dennard, or Kinnie going NFL early and my rough estimate would be around 22-23 for this class. Maybe 10 spots left? That's a pretty rough estimate.

That sounds right to me and I believe the staff will take their time from here on out and only accept the recruits that are high on their board. It may be one of the reasons things have slowed on the recruiting trail. The positive press on this years team can only help get recruits to jump on Bo's party train.

The nice thing about having the ability to be picky in recruiting is instead of scrambling to fill a class/roster you can key in on kids that truily fit your system and are a little more sought after. I dont see another commit coming until maybe 10/17, but all the kids we have coming are higihly recruited and might take almost all of their visits, so it might be awhile. I'm going to say it will be Charles Jackson, with Santos in his ear and him going to see our secondary first hand might just blow him away.

We have somewhere close to 19 seniors on scholarship. Add in 2-3 due to attrition, and maybe 1 of Crick, Dennard, or Kinnie going NFL early and my rough estimate would be around 22-23 for this class. Maybe 10 spots left? That's a pretty rough estimate.

That sounds right to me and I believe the staff will take their time from here on out and only accept the recruits that are high on their board. It may be one of the reasons things have slowed on the recruiting trail. The positive press on this years team can only help get recruits to jump on Bo's party train.

Exactly. I can see them filling 4-5 more spots before the Big12 championship game (I think we'll see a couple between 10/16 and 11/1 - then a slow period again)...but success can do wonders for recruiting (as we saw last year) - and assuming we are rolling into the post season I think the coaches would want to have 5-6 spots left for some of those guys that might be long shots currently. Last year we picked up 5 of our best recruits post-Big12. (David,Hardrick,Heard,Carnes,Cooper)

assuming marsh is counted as part of this class, we've got 14 now and currently have room under he 85 limit for 7 more. assuming some attrition, i think we'll probably max out the 25, or at least get to 24 (and save one for a walk-on). that means 10 or 11 more recruits.

assuming marsh is counted as part of this class, we've got 14 now and currently have room under he 85 limit for 7 more. assuming some attrition, i think we'll probably max out the 25, or at least get to 24 (and save one for a walk-on). that means 10 or 11 more recruits.

IMO Kinnie has no real reason to leave early...he will not be projected in the first couple rounds at this point in his career. again IMO, the possible strike next season in the NFL will probably mean most juniors and redshirt sophomores will stay for another year.

I'm going to go out on a big limb and say that Keith Lewis will commit before 10/16. On 10/17 Charles Jackson will be the first to commit of the visiters. Followed by Todd Peat, Hobbi, and Cash a little further down the rode. I'm thinking that will be all of our in-season commits. Curt Evans, Aaron Green, Jesse Hayes, James Adeyanju, and Keeon Virgile will all commit after the season. And I think thats all the room we have, so I'll call that good.

IMO Kinnie has no real reason to leave early...he will not be projected in the first couple rounds at this point in his career. again IMO, the possible strike next season in the NFL will probably mean most juniors and redshirt sophomores will stay for another year.

I forgot about the strike - and I agree he has no "major" reason, but even if he goes 3rd or 4th round...he's looking at around a 600k signing bonus, and 3 years at $425k each. That's good enough reason to leave IMO. If he has a breakout year (which is certainly possible) - he could sneak into the bottom of the 2nd. He hasn't been here long, it wouldn't be too tough to leave. Especially if we finish w/ a BCS bowl or MNC - that hunger might not be as strong. Remember, 2 years ago he was playing in JUCO and didn't really have a clue where his career would end up. He might not want to take another chance.

We currently have 84 players on scholarship (Mike Smith also is still on a normal scholarship which is why we're leaving one open, in case he comes back next year, if he goes medical, he can't play again)

Of those 85, 20 are seniors including Smith. I don't think Smith will be back, so i'll go with 21 spots. We have Marsh and Heard coming midyear (hopefully) which will give us 19 open. Gilmore said today he expected to sign 21-22 players so they are expecting attrition. So we have probably 8 or 9 left.