Huskers vs. Nighthawks

you guys think the 95 Ne team could keep up with a pro team or semi pro team? ive always wondered what would happen. sometimes i think teamwork will beat talent

I think the 95 squad would lose.

Honestly, and this is only my opinion of course, the difference in skill level and overall athletic ability is very different between college and the pros.

Just look at the math (this is very basic, of course). You have 105 guys on your college roster, multiplied by 120 division one teams. That's 12,600 division one athletes on an official college roster. Now, take 53 active players on an NFL roster multiplied by 32 teams. That's 1696 NFL players. Only 13.4% of current college players will make an NFL roster. NFL teams have the 32 best guys in the nation starting at a given position on their team. This also doesn't include the fact that division two players will sometimes make NFL roster as well.

I also remember a story on Reggie Bush a few years ago (when he was having his Heisman season, mind you) about working working out LaDainian Tomlinson of the Chargers. Bush, who was arguably the fastest and shiftiest guy in the nation in 2005, would throw up and get de-hydrated during workouts with LT. A future Heisman winner couldn't even physically keep up with one of the better becks in the league at the time. That says a lot to me about the difference between NFL athleticism and college athleticism.

Uhhh, yeah, just try to run against this:

Patrick Thomas LB (6-1, 240, 31 NFL games)

Gary Stills LB (6-2, 261, 134 NFL games)

Alex Lewis LB (6, 243, 52 NFL games)

Cato June LB (6, 238, 89 NFL games)

Nick Griesen LB (6-1, 234, 98 NFL games)

Marlon Greenwood LB (6, 237, 125 NFL games)

Wendell Bryant DT (6-5, 304, 29 NFL games)

Nic Clemons DT (6-6, 309, 18 NFL games)

Demetrin Veal DT (6-2, 297, 37 NFL games)

Josh Savage DT (6-4, 276, 16 NFL games)

And then lets just see what a backfield of Jeff Garcia, Ahman Green, and Maurice Clarett is capable of...