chicago

I am I

I always watch my Husker Games at the Birds Nest when I'm in Chi-town. I won't watch them anywhere else! They even have a Husker logo on the front of their home page. Everyone in the place usually has red on and they have really good food if you want to eat also and flat screen's all over the place. They play the Husker fight song over the loud speakers every time we score. Just get there a little early to secure a good seat.

http://www.birdsnestbar.com/

I always watch my Husker Games at the Birds Nest when I'm in Chi-town. I won't watch them anywhere else! They even have a Husker logo on the front of their home page. Everyone in the place usually has red on and they have really good food if you want to eat also and flat screen's all over the place. They play the Husker fight song over the loud speakers every time we score. Just get there a little early to secure a good seat.

http://www.birdsnestbar.com/

I have been to Kirkwoods and Bird's nest but prefer the latter. Its a little smaller than Kirkwood but I like the crowd better. Its just a block north of Fullerton & Southport.

I've been to both places.

Kirkwoods has a nice outdoor area with tv's but no sound. Also, one half the bar is setup for Indiana fans which it looks like they have a 6pm game this week too. This place gets really crowded, so if you want a seat get there really early.

Birds Nest is a good place to watch the game and like haymarkethomer stated it is a smaller place. You will have an easier time getting a seat at this place compared to Kirkwoods.

A new place I went to for the first game is called Beckett's Public House, http://beckettschicago.com/. Good size bar and they too play the Husker fight song and have some pretty good beer prices. The next tv game I can make it to I will be heading back to this place.

Kirkwood definitely gets the most traffic on games days (this is my go to place no question). Tons of people packed in there. This weekend might be a little less considering it's SDSU. Kirkwood also has a great menu. I've had just about everything and have always been satisfied. The wings and burgers One named "The Husker") are fantastic. Fish tacos are solid. Mac-and-cheese bits, yes please!

Bird's Nest is OK. Good wings.

I have heard very good things about Beckett's as well. They bring in Runza's and Valentino's pizza for game days.

When I lived there McGee's(by depaul) was a husker bar. It was always packed for Husker games with red clad people. Then all of a sudden one year they weren't all of a sudden. Can't remember which team they catered to then. Actually I think they went to more of a Big 10 bar if I remember right. The place was never the same. They also redid it and made the front larger which was nice, but took away from the hole in the wall atmosphere. Maybe they'll go back to a Husker bar since we will be in the Big 10(12) next year.

When I lived there McGee's(by depaul) was a husker bar. It was always packed for Husker games with red clad people. Then all of a sudden one year they weren't all of a sudden. Can't remember which team they catered to then. Actually I think they went to more of a Big 10 bar if I remember right. The place was never the same. They also redid it and made the front larger which was nice, but took away from the hole in the wall atmosphere. Maybe they'll go back to a Husker bar since we will be in the Big 10(12) next year.

It's now an Ohio State bar.

I'll be at Beckett's, my friend is going w/ me he and his buddy are Mich St. alumns and he actually lives right around the corner.

maybe i'll see some HB members there. I'll be wearing red.

lol...I have a custom polo shirt my brothers and dad and I all got made. It is all red w/ a white N on the arm and a big Skull and bones on one side of the chest w/ our initials under it...if anyone here sees me come say hey. I love buying beers for people!!

watched at Beckett's last nite. pretty nice place. tons of N banners and helmets and stuff. had a big inflatable Lil Red out front to announce location. great TVs in every angle. 95% Huskerfans, young and old. completely sold out. didn't eat there but the food looked pretty good. fair drink prices and very fast service. played fight songs and sold cool t-shirts. would recommend it...