Bo's record on a bye week

Redmusky

I'd be interested to know how much prep is is for KSU and how much is for Texas this week. My bet is the first four practices will be more generalized and Bo will be getting some filmwork on Texas in. His boy Stoops faces Texas Saturday and you know they share input, we'll get good 411 after the RRS. Later this week the focus steadies on KSU which still provide plenty of time.

If we spend 1 minute of time preparing for Texas and not preparing for Kansas State this upcoming week and a half, we will lose.

Not enough data to draw conclusions. However...

Thursday night, road game, Big 12 opener, National TV audience, Huskers are ranked in top 10, and everybody associated with the Big 12 Conference will be tuned in to take notes... Those are not distractions to Pelini. Those are the extra driving forces. Most importantly, he was embarrassed (his words) from their performance and not executing. I'm a firm believer he will have his team fully ready.

To me Bo is not particularly good after bye weeks. I don't count season openers or bowl games because both teams have multiple weeks (or months) to prepare. And the former are always cupcakes so they can't really show us anything. That leaves three relevant games to look at:

1. 2008 Virginia Tech - Maybe we were outmatched but we were outplayed for the better part of 60 minutes and I never really felt we had a chance to win other than a bit of a glimmer in the fourth quarter.

2. 2008 Colorado - A very bad CU team in Lincoln, we were 18 point favorites and yet didn't play very sharp for most of the game. Bo made a very boneheaded fake FG attempt too (his words). Without an historic and miraculous 57-yard FG, CU takes a couple knees and walks away with the upset on our Senior Day.

3. 2009 Missouri - We won, but aside from Suh, we played three quarters of pretty pathetic football. Lee's TD pass to Paul could have easily been an INT if the safety over the top hadn't misjudged the ball.

So realistically Bo's teams have not been very good after byes. On the other hand, three games is such a small sample that it's hard to tell much.

I'd be interested to know how much prep is is for KSU and how much is for Texas this week. My bet is the first four practices will be more generalized and Bo will be getting some filmwork on Texas in. His boy Stoops faces Texas Saturday and you know they share input, we'll get good 411 after the RRS. Later this week the focus steadies on KSU which still provide plenty of time.

If we spend 1 minute of time preparing for Texas and not preparing for Kansas State this upcoming week and a half, we will lose.

Bo said it himself the we'd be working good-on-good and fundamentals this week. I didn't say we'd be working on Texas in practice, just said the first few practices would be more generalized. Bo and Bob are boys and they have a history of helping each other out. I'd bet dollars to donuts Bo gets a jump on the Texas filmwork and gives Bob some insight this week.