K-State Game

I think this game is going to be a lot tougher than the average husker fan might think. Our front four were clearly getting blown back 2 or 3 yards every play against a SDSU team that we obviously didn't have any respect for. We were exposed defensively and most average to good running teams will probably be able to move the ball on us if we don't fix this problem. I don't think we should have a problem moving the ball on k-state. If we can find someone who can complete a pass to a wide open receiver we should be fine on 3rd down. I think we need to try running the ball to the outside with some sweeps and tosses. Haven't seen much of that called from watson this year. Seems to be straight up the gut or read option. Every time we passed against SDSU there was someone open and we were able to connect a few times but many were missed. I think it's back to the basics for the k-state game and we have to win the battle in the trenches if we want to survive this one. I think the huskers take a close one from the wildcats next Thursday night on ESPN, 27 - 21.

yes, this is going to be a damn tough ball game, i expect them to run all over us the first half of the game, i don't think the Pelinis will make the adjustment to stack the box until they see there is no other way to stop them, which will leave us behind at half time. then we will need to throw the ball some in the 2nd half to win this game....if Martinez can't get it down, bring in Zac, i don't want to put this game in the hands of Cody Green, sorry, but the kid shows me nothing so far.

• Fire 1

i like to think of myself as more than the "average fan" (yogi bear) and i dont see this game being all that close. here is Thomas rushing stats from their game against UCF:

Thomas had 22 rushes for 76 yards that averaged 3.5 yards per carry, resulted in 0 touchdowns with his long run being 12 yards.

AGAINST UCF!

Kstate only had 83 total rushing yards against freaking UCF and we are worried?!?!?! WTF????? and might i also add that UCF GASHED KSU for 252 yards on the ground.

sorry boys but even if our weakness is stopping the run, our linebackers and linemen are better than UCFs.

we may struggle for a quarter or so in this game but it will be because of our mistakes and not because KSU is even close to as good as us, because they arent.

good luck KSU.

• Fire 1

I Predict 34 to 6.

I think the Offense shakes off last weeks struggles and gets back to playing a solid game. The field goal kickers for both teams get to see some action. If we go into turnover mode I will be wrong. The blackshirts finally go into lock down on the run and help create opportunities for the offense. This is what I expect from our team year if we want to beat Texas and OK when the time comes.

:bonesflag:

If Nebraska plays with intensity and fire, they will win. The only way i see Ne losing this year at all is if they lose to themselves, weather its not playing hard and being lazy, fumbling 9 times, or penalty after penalty, i dont see a team that overall is better then Ne. might have some struggles, or close calls, but i think if its our team vs their team, our team wins. GO BIG RED!!!

When you're playing a team like Nebraska and you have exactly one offensive weapon whose strength is gaining medium yards with a rare play of over twenty yards, winning is just about impossible. I think the best Kansas State hopes for is to keep it respectable, and that's entirely predicated on their rush defense getting a whole lot better in a hurry and Nebraska losing the turnover battle.