To much COOL-AID drinking goingon

I keep reading posts from I think we very well could lose this game, to stomp them 30 something to nothing.

Slow down on the COOL-AID husker nation!

Here is my two cents, and maybe it might bring some of us up off the Debbie Downer level, or down from the Clound Nine level...Simply a reality check.

Carl Pelini is right on target when they talked about making teams earn it here,

I don't think its to the point where we start wondering if Martinez is the real deal or not, consider what we saw out of Zac last year and it was the most unproductive offense I could of ever imagined almost on a weekly basis. Cody Green hasn't shown that he has "IT" yet, and I think that is why we are seeing the talent choice on the field rather then the safe choice. So the choice was obvious at the start of the season by the coaches and apparently obvious this far in the season by everyone else. We were flat last week, so its nothing to start panicing on the offense side. the deffense side....not making excuses but something to consider when thinking about how bad of a game we played, they moved the ball against us some, we allowed 3 points to a team with an amped up and playing out of their a$$es, but they didn't earn the points. Give Nebraska that much. If that was Kstate playing like that, and us like how we played, it would of been a very very dissapointing day. Also remember that a lot of the guys on the field last week opposite of the Huskers grew up watching the very team they were playing against. Think of how much it means to have all of their family and all of their friends watching them play. Most will play with 200% effort, and thats what we saw, but still the huskers played flat, and unfocused and should of had a lot more on the board then 17 points, and won.

So, with that being said. yeah, maybe Kstate is able to move the ball against us, and they will have to earn it every play, every down, I see them not always getting that 5-10 yard gaines every run, but maybe a 5, then a 3, then a no gain more often then continuously getting that first down. Kstate is tied for 59th in 3rd down conversions, granted nebraska is only tied for 54th them selves, but Kstate has gotten to 4-0 by grounding and pounding and being very physical and winning games with dirty running through their vains, and not by a lot of points. Where as Nebraska is putting together drives, and frequent big plays resulting in huge gains leading into touchdowns, which just destroys a defense's ego.

Nebraska wins this game by daring Kstate to beat them with Thomas's legs, and with ballhawking the times they decide to go to the air. Forcing Kstate to be 1-D. Thomas has a good game with well over a hundred yards and probably a TD or two, and inflates his Heisman status and dinging Nebraska for 20 points. The Huskers get into rythm with some passes when they count (approx 150 yards), and does another 150-250 yards on the game, and scores a good amount of points (35). If Nebraska loses this game it will be much like the way they lost the game against Iowa State last year, and not because Kstate beats Nebraska.

Expect Nebraska to come out with a chip on their sholder, with something to prove and very focused on handling this team just how Pelini wants them too, I also expect Kstate to compete and makes the Huskers walk off the field thinking they just played a good Kstate team.

Nebraska wins 35-20

Soo, how far am I off base?

By the way, resume the COOL-AID about an hour till Kick off till about an hour after that, after that...lay off of it.

GBR!!!!

Nebraska wins this game by daring Kstate to beat them with Thomas's legs, and with ballhawking the times they decide to go to the air. Forcing Kstate to be 1-D. Thomas has a good game with well over a hundred yards and probably a TD or two, and inflates his Heisman status and dinging Nebraska for 20 points. The Huskers get into rythm with some passes when they count (approx 150 yards), and does another 150-250 yards on the game, and scores a good amount of points (35). If Nebraska loses this game it will be much like the way they lost the game against Iowa State last year, and not because Kstate beats Nebraska.

Sorry, just curious. But why would you dare a team to beat them with their best weapon. NU should take away Thomas and make Noodle Armed Coffman beat us. He along with Pick at KU may be the two worse throwing QB's in the conference behind Taylor.

I can't see the purple kittens hanging 20 points on the Blackshirts with a one dimensional offense.

However KSU will do the same thing. Try to stuff the run game and make Taylor win the game with his arm. The blueprint that SDSU set is going to be standard for the conference against us.

If we hang our hats on making them beat us DT, then its close. It we fore them to throw this game wont be that close. Carson Coffman is mediocre passer, at best and we need to exploite that all night. Their offensive line is decent, but they ahvnt blitz packages like ours before, plain and simple.

Sorry, just curious. But why would you dare a team to beat them with their best weapon. NU should take away Thomas and make Noodle Armed Coffman beat us. He along with Pick at KU may be the two worse throwing QB's in the conference behind Taylor.

I can't see the purple kittens hanging 20 points on the Blackshirts with a one dimensional offense.

However KSU will do the same thing. Try to stuff the run game and make Taylor win the game with his arm. The blueprint that SDSU set is going to be standard for the conference against us.

Well, if we had a real power running game we wouldn't need Tmart passing the ball all over the place as that would set up the zone read/option or wide open PA. Let's not forget that the downside of the stacked box is if you do break through the LOS with a Tmart/Roy/Rex......it's probably a TD.

Secondly, Tmart looked good on the road vs Washington throwing the ball so I wouldn't say he's futile at it.

But yeah, KSU has a real deal power running game and we don't. So we HAVE to throw the ball and they don't. It'll be fun....

I hear what your saying, and I don't really disagree.....if they are taking yards in big chunks. BUT here is what I am saying. Our Seconday isn't as good as it is because of the skill players. Its as good as it is because they play team football in the secondary, they have a scheme and they follow it. Plug in 8 guys in the box, and its not the same secondary, and maybe they get beat a few times. Suddenly now our D isn't as good as everyone thought it is.

Kstate has won four games on the back of Thomas, and not by blow outs. They have had to grinde them out in tough physical games against worse teams then Nebraska. Thomas is going to get his yards, there isn't any stoping that. Much like Carl Pelini said in that artical from the other day. Make them earn it on the ground and don't give them the big yards. Those big plays coule be the difference between a 35-35 game going into the final drive or a 35(NU) to >21 (KSU). As I suspect it will be the second choice if the play consistent with their scheme thus far.

Keep talking positive guys because I am in need of some :koolaid2:

For some reason I feel we dont have a chance at K-State and feel UT will come in and blow us up as well.

Need to shake this feeling, maybe its just bye week withdrawls

I actually agree, this team just isnt that good this year in the front seven and our offense is just a little better from last year..except our offense last year would have scored more on sdsu. Hopefully they will prove me wrong on thursday, GBR!!!

i think everybody is worried about this game, like everybody was worried about going to Washington to play, and i think close to the same result will happen. If Ksux was a team to be worried about, they would of beat ISU, UCF more convincing. Nebraska is way better then those 2 teams. If UCF can hold DT to a minimal, then so can Ne. Plus whatever they can do, we can do. Lets say our D cant stop DT, but our Offense runs wild, we still win. I think its either gonna be a Ne win by blowout or a shoot out, or i guess i mean run out. ha...Bo knows!