LSU-Tenn

2nd and goal, LSU needs a TD, 30 seconds to left, they run from the wildcat and only make it to the 1. Now there's 22 seconds left. They rush their QB and 2 or 3 others onto the field and it looks like mayhem, but really they just need to line up and spike it for a final play. Instead, they try to run a play from the shotgun and the center snaps it and the QB isn't ready and it goes by him, and someone falls on it and time is gone. Looked like a total LSU screw up -- didn't they do something like this at the end of a game last year?

But wait--Tennessee was also trying to put some new guys in on defense. They succeeded in that, but failed to get enough guys off. They had 13 on the field, and the two extra were lined up, not just trying to get off the field, and the refs caught it.

LSU gets another shot and punches it in for the win.

The SEC--where they play good football, but they ain't too smart.

I saw this. The crazy thing was, they used replay to verify the amount of players on the field. I was under the impression that you couldn't review plays to determine if there was a penalty.

Talk about clock mismanagement. That was embarrassing. This happened to LSU a few times last year, the game against Ole Miss comes to mind.

Tenn really ran the gamut of emotions during that sequence of events.

Talk about clock mismanagement. That was embarrassing. This happened to LSU a few times last year, the game against Ole Miss comes to mind.

Tenn really ran the gamut of emotions during that sequence of events.

That Ole Miss game was the one I remember, they tried to spike it instead of go for a FG and time ran out, and they also didn't get the timeout called real late as the clock ticked down. Miles really, really needs to pay attention late in a game, that's just poor coaching.

I do feel bad for Dooley and the Vols, but they should've just gone with who they had in for the previous play.

Dooley (Vol coach) said afterward that when the offense makes personnel changes, the ref is supposed to stand over the ball to give the defense a chance to sub. The problem with that is, you see the 2 extra Vol defenders start running off the field, and a coach or someone not in uniform on the sideline waving them back. They had a chance and botched it.