**UPDATED** Nebraska stays @ 6 in Coaches Poll but drops one spot in AP Poll

Nexus

Now Boomer was impressive in the first half. Their first two drives looked too easy. I believe with like 3 minutes to go in the 1st half OU had 17 first downs to Texas' 3. That is impressive and dominant. The only reason the game was 8 points in the end was because of OU's boneheaded plays at the end. The fake field goal was a major brain fart and then Landry tried to hand the Whorns the game with his fumble that somehow made it out of bounds. OU had a lot of success moving the ball and UT still has no clue of what they are on offense.

So OU's boneheaded plays shouldn't count towards they're ranking, or the entire second half for that matter?

Yeah JTrain apparently we rank teams on how they perform in the 1st half,the 2nd half doesnt count.

We still have Kansas State on the list, so worrying about the others to me is a waste of time. After our last game, thinking any win is a given is beyond my pea brains ability.

If we get by Kansas State though, we will be in for one heck of a battle with Texas, they are butt hurt and have two weeks to prepare for us. SDS film will be smoking hot in puddles in the film room at Texas. Due to their two losses, this is going to be a much tougher game than before. Nothing could have been worse than them losing.

We have a very tough running back to defend at KState, and we have not done to well on that so far. If they can run the ball, Coach Snyder will run it down our throats until we gag, have 9 men in the box and then dink us crazy. That is the only game I am worried about, as it is the only one we play this week.

Currently we are a pretender in the top 10, as are others, we will know by the end of the month, who we are, what are chances are, and how happy we will be about the season. The meat is here, and it is purple and nasty. Beat it.

Oklahoma won by one score on a neutral site and benefited from a few really boneheaded and/or controversial penalties. Last week UCLA dominated Texas from start to finish in Austin. UCLA then went on to struggle against the worst BCS school, Wazzu.

So, I guess I missed the part where Oklahoma's win was impressive.

Because as bad as Texas might be, they have more talent than any team in the country and beating them is never going to be a cake walk.

Nope.

They have "zero" running game and a marginal WCO passing threat. Their defense is good but miles away from being great, especially vs the run. I'm wayyyy more worried about KSU than Texass.

Alabama is winning the national championship. At this point I don't want to go undefeated because that might mean playing them, which would be a huge embarrassment. I would love to play Boise State or TCU in a bowl game and put them in their place. Wouldn't want to play Oregon either, their running attack would do a number on us. This is all assuming we beat Texas, OSU, Mizzou, and possibly OU.

Didn't a so so Arkansas team give Alabama all they could handle? It is not a given them will be undefeated come mid december. If we run the table at least we get a TCU or BSU matchup and show what we can do. We may even get a OSU game too or even UO undefeated. Anyone, Anytime and Anywhere!!! Didn't a diaper dandy true freshman QB from Texas almost beat Bama last year? That QB a year later isn't really that good after all. Florida is over-rated this year. They lost a lot with Tebow leaving just like UTerus lost a lot with Shipley leaving and the 132 TD's that Colt pocketed while in college. If we run the table we probably won't get in the MNC game. It goes to show how valuable preseason rankings can be. If we win out and go undefeated, we will be a top 3 team going into Big 10 play next year, run the table next year and we play for all the marbles.

5 of the 6 teams ahead of us don't play in a conference championship, if we are good enough to run the table and beat a top 5 school in OU, then we should jump all the non-conference championship teams. Those teams like OSU, UO, TCU and BSU. The odds of that happening are about 1 in a million. Once again, pre-season rankings are important if you want to play for all the marbles. If Bama lost yesterday they would probably only move down 3 to 4 spots and we still may never jump them as an undefeated team.

A lot of football to be played and let's see if we can rise to the challenge and beat everyone this year.

Alabama is winning the national championship. At this point I don't want to go undefeated because that might mean playing them, which would be a huge embarrassment. I would love to play Boise State or TCU in a bowl game and put them in their place. Wouldn't want to play Oregon either, their running attack would do a number on us. This is all assuming we beat Texas, OSU, Mizzou, and possibly OU.

Didn't a so so Arkansas team give Alabama all they could handle? It is not a given them will be undefeated come mid december. If we run the table at least we get a TCU or BSU matchup and show what we can do. We may even get a OSU game too or even UO undefeated. Anyone, Anytime and Anywhere!!! Didn't a diaper dandy true freshman QB from Texas almost beat Bama last year? That QB a year later isn't really that good after all. Florida is over-rated this year. They lost a lot with Tebow leaving just like UTerus lost a lot with Shipley leaving and the 132 TD's that Colt pocketed while in college. If we run the table we probably won't get in the MNC game. It goes to show how valuable preseason rankings can be. If we win out and go undefeated, we will be a top 3 team going into Big 10 play next year, run the table next year and we play for all the marbles.

5 of the 6 teams ahead of us don't play in a conference championship, if we are good enough to run the table and beat a top 5 school in OU, then we should jump all the non-conference championship teams. Those teams like OSU, UO, TCU and BSU. The odds of that happening are about 1 in a million. Once again, pre-season rankings are important if you want to play for all the marbles. If Bama lost yesterday they would probably only move down 3 to 4 spots and we still may never jump them as an undefeated team.

A lot of football to be played and let's see if we can rise to the challenge and beat everyone this year.

The only team I see possibly giving them a problem is Auburn, simply because it is such a huge rivalry. South Carolina and LSU just aren't going to cut it in my opinion. I haven't seen a team as impressive as Alabama in years. They may lose, but I'd be really surprised. And I think as good as Nebraska is this year, we just couldn't hang with certain teams, Alabama and Oregon specifically. I would be very happy with a BCS bowl this year, and our projection right now is West Virginia, which I think we could win easily.

Its getting close to time when the polls actually matter, this makes the Texas game a even more scary. Its one thing when it was two top 10 teams, but now losing to an unranked, fired up, texas team who is on 13 days rest is whole new story

IMO, Texas has yet to do one thing this season which makes them "scary." We should beat them by 30+ points easily if we show up.

Its getting close to time when the polls actually matter, this makes the Texas game a even more scary. Its one thing when it was two top 10 teams, but now losing to an unranked, fired up, texas team who is on 13 days rest is whole new story

IMO, Texas has yet to do one thing this season which makes them "scary." We should beat them by 30+ points easily if we show up.

this is exactly why they scare me...there have been too many wtf's in this texas series...now they get to come in here with 2 weeks rest, nothing to lose, my oh my. i just cant see this game as any sort of cakewalk.