Daniel Thomas will be the best RB we face this season

NUance

lol Husker66, just crack me up./

KSU is the epitomy of a one-dimensional team right now. Coffman is a terrible passer so there is no threat of a passing game. Stack the box with 7-8 guys, put a spy on Thomas and shut their running game down. You force Coffman to pass the ball against arguably the best secondary in the Big 12, maybe in the nation, and you have the makings of a beatdown.

KSU is the epitomy of a one-dimensional team right now. Coffman is a terrible passer so there is no threat of a passing game. Stack the box with 7-8 guys, put a spy on Thomas and shut their running game down. You force Coffman to pass the ball against arguably the best secondary in the Big 12, maybe in the nation, and you have the makings of a beatdown.

From your lips to God's ears. Unfortunately you could substitute NU for KSU and Coffman for TM and make the same point. We do have a better secondary, whether the best in conference or nation is yet to be determined. Both teams are one dimensional and it is likely both will jam the box. Hopefully we sprint out to an Early lead and dash some enthusiasm. If they hang around till late in the game, I doubt we win. Turnovers/our ball security are key. Geesh, I can't wait till kickoff!!

From your lips to God's ears. Unfortunately you could substitute NU for KSU and Coffman for TM and make the same point. We do have a better secondary, whether the best in conference or nation is yet to be determined. Both teams are one dimensional and it is likely both will jam the box. Hopefully we sprint out to an Early lead and dash some enthusiasm. If they hang around till late in the game, I doubt we win. Turnovers/our ball security are key. Geesh, I can't wait till kickoff!!

Small difference though, we aren't a one player attack. If you gameplan to stop Martinez, Helu/Burkhead will bite you and visa versa. And while Martinez is certainly not the reincarnation of Tom Brady, he has shown the ability to throw a nice ball when needed, on time and on target. KSU's secondary isn't in the same league as ours either, if they stack the box and make us go to the air, I think we can make enough plays that way to make them back out. KSU's run D is pathetic, I think they will HAVE to put everyone in the box to slow us down and I'm not sure that will do it.

Guys, KSU just doesn't have enough talent to go 4 quarters with us, not without us killing ourselves. If we take care of the ball and get a few long drives in the first half, we will simply wear them out and blow it open in the 4th.

At this point, true. TM's passing isn't something to brag about. However, where I think we have the strong advantage is we have 3 capable runners (Burky, Helu and Martinez) whereas KSU has...Thomas. KSU still has to worry about covering Taylor and making sure he doesn't run for a huge gain. Rush him to much and he'll gash you. Let him sit back there for a while and he may just complete a pass or two to Kinnie. So I would say we're less one-dimensional than KSU at this point. Though Taylor is not the best passer out there, he has proven he can throw the ball and complete a few passes now and then.

The glaring difference is that Thomas is their only running threat. We have Martinez, Helu and Burkhead. Central Florida had two 100-yard rushers against KSU last game, and I don't think they'll be able to contain Martinez AND Helu AND Burkhead.

The glaring difference is that Thomas is their only running threat. We have Martinez, Helu and Burkhead. Central Florida had two 100-yard rushers against KSU last game, and I don't think they'll be able to contain Martinez AND Helu AND Burkhead.

KSU's run D is TERRIBLE and they are at their absolute worst when facing a mobile QB. Hell, even the d-bag homer Kevin Keitzman here in KC is saying the same thing, they simply can't figure out mobile QB's.

Do you think that K-state will use a spy like sdsu?Also I think that we need to get the ball to the running backs to throw K-state off. If we balance Taylor's zone read keeps and rb handoffs then it will be hell on earth for K-state.

Do you think that K-state will use a spy like sdsu?Also I think that we need to get the ball to the running backs to throw K-state off. If we balance Taylor's zone read keeps and rb handoffs then it will be hell on earth for K-state.

Not only do I think they will do this, but I think that's the whole plan - get them to commit another body to stopping Martinez, then pop the ball over the top to their weak middle and the streaking LB for the score.

I wouldn't be surprised to see that play two or three times in the first quarter alone.

Not only do I think they will do this, but I think that's the whole plan - get them to commit another body to stopping Martinez, then pop the ball over the top to their weak middle and the streaking LB for the score.

I wouldn't be surprised to see that play two or three times in the first quarter alone.

The way KSU lines their LB's up, they are just asking to be gashed up the middle. They feel like they have a better shot if they don't let guys get to the edge, because they simply don't have the team speed to catch guys that turn the corner. They move their LB's even with the DE's and wider in most cases, leaving a GAPING hole in the middle of the field. Draws, shovel passes, TE sitting in the zone, even quick slants with a slot receiver should be open all day long. Unless KSU completely changes their scheme from what I've seen this year. They really struggle stopping the run though, we should be able to wear them out and start to impose our will (if Watson lets them).

What do you think we have in our playbook that we could use against K-state that we haven't used yet? What about the option,play action pass out of the option, screen plays.

What do you think we have in our playbook that we could use against K-state that we haven't used yet? What about the option,play action pass out of the option, screen plays.

I think we could beat KSU with the plays we've already shown. They're not particularly strong up front, and with only two LBs we can move the ball down the field on them just running up the middle with Rex and Roy.

I think you'll see some screens, inside screens, like we used to do with Lucky and BJ. But, I honestly don't see us needing to open up the playbook a lot. I see this game similar to the UW game, VERY similar.

I think we could beat KSU with the plays we've already shown. They're not particularly strong up front, and with only two LBs we can move the ball down the field on them just running up the middle with Rex and Roy.

knappy, you and I should watch together, we are seriously on the exact same page! You must be one smart SOB. :laughpound