Almost Untouchable Today - How Many Hands?

I've watched the highlights of the game on ESPN several times now (like most of you I'm sure) and suddenly realized that we ran right through the K-Sucks defense damn near untouched on all six big play TDs!

When is the last time you saw that happen for the Big Red?

Contest: Count how many hands the KSU defense got on the ball carrier/receiver in all six of our big play TDs.

Seattle Red says 2 (best I can tell from the low resolution web highlights on ESPN).

First hand: Left tackle gets a hand on Martinez leg as he takes off for his first TD.

Last hand: Corner or safety dives and barely gets a hand on Martinez ankle as he goes on to finish his last TD.

Heluuu-Goodbye "island express" TD - untouched

Martinez to Reed "bombs away WIDE OPEN then let the defenders catch up" TD - untouched

Martinez other two "halftime sandwich" TDs - untouched

In summary: The mildcats did not get a hand on the scoring ball carrier between the start of TD play #1 and near the end of the final TD play #6! That is freaking a-maz-ing! Don't tell me they aren't secretly happy as hell now that they don't have to play us next year or any year again soon.

The Blackshirts put in a solid exclamation point as part of the overall team statement on the field tonight:

We are now officially looking like a very dangerous team to play once again and our opponent had better prepare every conceivable way they can think of or we can potentially hurt them fast in all phases of the game.

Awesome hightlights to relive in the future and a great start to Farewell Big 12 conference play by solidly trouncing the previously undefeated purple kittens of KSU!!!

:bonesflag::bigredn::restore

A better question might be how many hands K-State fans raised into the air and shook around in their bizarre stadium cheer :P

The number of big play scores we've seen this year has just been unreal. You'd think after a while, defenders would learn to take better angles on our guys...maybe they should have 2 safeties deep on "run support" just to "hold" those touchdown runs to mere 30-yard gains.

im honestly suprised he isnt a front runner already. IMO denard robinson has more opportunities to run and pass the ball as he is in the game more than Martinez is because his defense sucks! If im not mistaken Martinez has also breaken more long explosive plays. Yes it is realized that he doesnt get a huge amount of pass yardage but when he does pass he makes it count, last i looked he was averaging like 18 yards per pass. i would personally argue that he is one of the top 5 players in CFB.