Top 10 Reasons Nebraska fans hate Texas

ADS

You won't want to play us in 2012.

I promise you I will! If we're playing you in a 2012 bowl game, it's probably for the championship, or at the least it's in a BCS game.

Keep in mind that we're probably going to the freaking Independence Bowl this year.

I hate football.

You have NO idea (on how bad things really can be).

Playing UT in the MCG would be friggin sweet. Doesnt matter who college football fans follow, because everyone would tune in for that game! cheers.gif

I just hope we never have to meet in the Holiday or Insight Bowl.. cause that would mean we both underachieved (or "sucked")

i did not read the article, because i do not hate texas. i want to beat texas like every team and it means more because of the big 12 ccg (not that there are ill feelings, but you always want to get back at who beat you, especially when you feel your team played well enough to deserve the win) and because they are a strong program.

true or false: Nebraska led 12-10 with zero time left on the clock

the call was wrong

This is really starting to annoy the crap out of me. It makes our fanbase look like a bunch of whiny idiots. There was clearly a second left. You have to be blind to not see that.

Besides that, it went the other way for us against Florida State and we got to kick our field goal.

True or false: The ball landed out of bounds with one second left.

You know it's true. Cornhuskers can't even argue that the wrong call was made. Some of you would rather have had the timekeeper's mistake stand so you could benefit from it, but you all know they got the call right in the end.

Sure, fine. Whatever you say. But riddle me this. If the roles had been reversed and the clock ran out on NU, do you honestly think the officials would have given us a second chance for the win? No. Way. In. Hell.

The :01 isn’t the reason many NU fans don’t care for UT. The :01 isn’t why we are leaving the Big 12. It isn’t why we’re trading up to become a Big 10 member. I think most NU fans don’t care for UT because back in the Big 8, NU was one of the two major programs. In the Big 12 we’re relegated to sucking hind tit. Our little buddies in the B12 North consistently vote however UT instructs them to vote. And the Whorns always get their way: The CCG. Partial qualifier walk-ons. End of the NU/OU rivalry. Moving the CCG to Jerry’s house in Arlington. And so on.

That, and Tejas fans tend to be real BIG talkers. Sheesh. You guys win one lousy MNC with VY and the high school offense he ran, and all of a sudden every Whorns fan starts declaring the new world order according to Bevo. Go win a couple of back-to-backs. And then we can talk.

Back to the :01. Giving you fellas a second chance to correct your clock mgt screw up, well, I think it was a perfect solution. Sure, it would have been great for NU to win the Big 12 championship and all. But the game meant more to UT, putting you in the MNC game. Besides, if the game had come out the other way we’d have to listen to the whole big talker Bevo nation bellyache about it forever. And that would be a lot worse than the little fuss we’re putting up.

One final note: I watch UT’s recruiting every year. And it’s stellar. 5*s and 4*s galore. You get the pick of the litter at every position. So when I watch the Whorns this year, I wonder: How can Mack possibly do so little with so much?

The only solid reason I can come up for not liking Texas is their scoreboard is called Godzillatron. Like the Jerry world board it only reinforces the perception that Texans have to have the biggest even when it goes beyond comically large. I believe we should tear down our scoreboard and replace it with a non-video one just to be as far separated from Texas as possible.