Please Husker Board. PLEASE!!!

I know I am asking too much--but please don't be that message board where team X loses to team Y and then we should fire all/some of the coaches of team X. Look, at the beginning of the year you would have been crazy to think nebraska was going to win every game. All other goals are still on the table.

Almost every NCAA div 1 team will lose a game this year... that doesn't mean you fire the coaches. That is what is expected to happen. we have a good coaching staff and a good team. The last 8 years should allow us appreciation of that. we can still win the big 12 and go to a BCS (truly we can still win a MNC--although not likely) and we still have Taylor Martinez for the next 3 years and we still have Bo and Carl coaching up our D. The future is bright--back away from the panic button.

off for another Gin and Tonic

DT

I would normally agree with this, but how many games do we have to sit through where our WR's drop ball after ball that hits both their hands? How many seasons has this been going on?

It's blatantly obvious our players are not being taught how to catch the ball properly. It's not like this crops up every now and then, but rather consistently over the course of season after season. At some point you have to say enough is enough and get rid of the coach responsible for failing to teach them how to properly catch a football.

I know I am asking too much--but please don't be that message board where team X loses to team Y and then we should fire all/some of the coaches of team X. Look, at the beginning of the year you would have been crazy to think nebraska was going to win every game. All other goals are still on the table.

Almost every NCAA div 1 team will lose a game this year... that doesn't mean you fire the coaches. That is what is expected to happen. we have a good coaching staff and a good team. The last 8 years should allow us appreciation of that. we can still win the big 12 and go to a BCS (truly we can still win a MNC--although not likely) and we still have Taylor Martinez for the next 3 years and we still have Bo and Carl coaching up our D. The future is bright--back away from the panic button.

DT

Defense is not a problem. Our offense has been letting us down for the past two years. Watson will say its execution, but then when we play a cupcake and have a great offensive game he will say, "see, I didn't get stupid overnight" Its ridiculous. We all know there are some weak links on the offensive coaching staff...

I'm not really sure you can coach someone to catch a football. You either can or not. Do gloves really help you catch a ball better? I know it helps in baseball but I never played football with gloves on :dunno

GBR

Well if you can't coach someone to catch a ball ... then its important to recognize people who don't have the ability to catch a ball.

Indeed. One way or another we are not catching the ball. Drops happen - watch any college game. But you'll see far fewer drops in most college games where the ball hits the receiver in both hands (or goes right through those hands without touching them).

Again, it's not like this is some random thing that happens once or twice a season where our kids have a bad night. They are consistently missing catchable ball after catchable ball in multiple games. Something is wrong... Bench the kids that can't catch, fire the coach that can't teach them to catch or can't recognize the kids that can't catch. Whatever, just get it done, ffs.

Indeed. One way or another we are not catching the ball. Drops happen - watch any college game. But you'll see far fewer drops in most college games where the ball hits the receiver in both hands (or goes right through those hands without touching them).

Again, it's not like this is some random thing that happens once or twice a season where our kids have a bad night. They are consistently missing catchable ball after catchable ball in multiple games. Something is wrong... Bench the kids that can't catch, fire the coach that can't teach them to catch or can't recognize the kids that can't catch. Whatever, just get it done, ffs.

:yeah

I knew I was asking too much.

If two of those balls are caught by people 18-22 then we are ranked 4-5 in the nation, got revenge on texas and bo gets a life-time contract in nebraska. oh--and if you would cruise over to the texas board in this alternate universe then they all want to fire Brown and his staff. See how ridiculous those arguments are? All over young men catching 2 footballs.

we have a good team with good coaches with our best days (at least since the TO days) are ahead of us.

DT

I was hoping that you were going to say, "Please, Huskerboard, don't hurt 'em!"

Bingo.

I'm not really sure you can coach someone to catch a football. You either can or not. Do gloves really help you catch a ball better? I know it helps in baseball but I never played football with gloves on :dunno

GBR

I think they do. Look at what the guys do that get paid millions of dollars a year. Most NFL WR's use gloves.

It takes the spin of the ball. Butter, Potato chip grease and lubricants do stay on them either..

Over the past few years, how many times have all of our wr's dropped balls? How many times has our offensive line messed up? How about you tell me ONE..give me ONE time when watson has adjusted to a good defense and done well against a good defense? Oh, ok, lets just be happy with Watson beating the mediocre defenses-bad defenses but not the good ones..give me a break. How many times have we passed it one first down (we rarely did), how bad is that we can predict what plays are coming? Why did we run the QB read 30 times against a defense that stuffs it every tme? Why didnt watson run game film and realized that texas' defense had trouble with counters and dives under center and in pistol? Why do our wr's have a hard tme blocking downfield at times..did i mention name one time watson has called a good gameplan against a good defense? Once again, watson is a problem and its showing. But I guess people are satisfied doing well against mediocre and and bad defenses. Look at the beginning of the year? OH you mean when the best defense we have played was 65TH RANKED..thats right 65th ranked. "Guys, be nice..im satisfied with watson doing well against medcore defense..and im satisfied with watson never showing up against good defenses" give me a break.