Impact on Recruits?

I would think it hurts. Nebraska has spent the last decade losing to Texas. Then we claim we got screwed out of last year's CCG. Then we finally declare we're back, and we circle Texas on the calendar in the middle of summer. We spent the last ten months building up to this game, we're ranked 5th in the country, UT has lost 2 in a row, one to a bad UCLA team, and they're unranked.

If I were a recruit, Nebraska just showed that they still can't play with the big boys. Exactly when/how is that going to change, and why would you come here if it doesn't?

I would think it hurts. Nebraska has spent the last decade losing to Texas. Then we claim we got screwed out of last year's CCG. Then we finally declare we're back, and we circle Texas on the calendar in the middle of summer. We spent the last ten months building up to this game, we're ranked 5th in the country, UT has lost 2 in a row, one to a bad UCLA team, and they're unranked.

If I were a recruit, Nebraska just showed that they still can't play with the big boys. Exactly when/how is that going to change, and why would you come here if it doesn't?

Always seems to cut both ways...yes, disappointing showing today but a lot of football left. But some of these recruits see they can get playing time on a national stage, in a great environment, and that we will be competing in big time games for years to come no doubt.

Well, you have to think about the gameday experience being the main reason you bring recruits in. It was still an exciting game. The atmosphere was electric. They toured the facilities, met the coaches, talked to players, and then watched a sloppy but still exciting football game. Losing the game didn't help us, but there is a lot that goes into recruiting players. It was still a good showing. We might not have a slew of the best commitments ever committing in the next couple of days, but I still think we get a couple to sign because of the other elements to the game.

its a freaking ghost town over here in the recruiting section.........

calm before the storm or bad news bears???

And I too am disappointed by the graveyard of a huskerboard we have right now. I'm glad I wasn't on here during the Cally era. What did you guys talk about during the season besides decommitments? Chins up Skers. Lot of season left, and maybe we put too much into one game.

its a freaking ghost town over here in the recruiting section.........

calm before the storm or bad news bears???

And I too am disappointed by the graveyard of a huskerboard we have right now. I'm glad I wasn't on here during the Cally era. What did you guys talk about during the season besides decommitments? Chins up Skers. Lot of season left, and maybe we put too much into one game.

yeah we of course got caught up in the game and the recruiting aspect of it but it was hard not too.. i think too that its about the 'expirence' rather than the outcome.. some might say recruits want to go where they can win the NC right away but you can say to these kids... look we are right there and one or two pieces away with you being one of those pieces.. and besides the alabamas and OSU's of the world usually have guys pretty deep.. i think a guy could still come in and play early.... its likely everywhere but Nebraska can give you that more realisticly i believe in certain areas.....

We put everything into this game. We publicized it over the summer, the season's rallying cry was based on playing Texas, and Tim Beck came out on Friday and said "We've been preparing for this game for 10 months." The recruits all knew that, they knew what a big game this was, and they all watched us blow it. We look like fools. Kids like Aaron Green are now thinking, "Well, I guess Nebraska really can't beat Texas. Ever."

I think the fans put more into this game than anyone else. This includes the coaches, the players, and most of all the recruits. It was a great atmosphere yesterday in Lincoln. I think the atmosphere is even more important to these recruits than the outcome of one game. NU should be able to pull in the kids we all think they will as long as they rebound and the wheels dont come off.

Might not be today. Rivals and Scout dont work on Sunday, but its coming.