Injury's

The injuries did seem ill timed with regard to bleeding momentum off of Nebraska, but booing a downed player is still uncool... unless it's a kicker (those guys are always faking and pop up just as soon as a flag is thrown, never seen a truly injured kicker ;) )

With that in mind, I have noticed this year - in several games - that the medical teams seem to leave a player on the field much longer than they used to instead of quickly assessing and then moving them off the field so play can resume. I understand the need to make sure that moving them doesn't make the injury worse, but in the K-state game for example, they had the injured player on the field for ages, finally moved him off the field on to Nebraska's sideline and only then had the cart drive across the field to get him. It seems like they would have shaved probably 5 minutes or more off of the time from injury to treatment (as well as allowing gameplay to resume more quickly) by calling the cart in before moving him the first time and heading off the field towards the locker room/med center to better treat him.

I don't remeber who it was but somebody took a dive before a play was about to begin in the second half and everyone (maybe just the student section?) started booing him, next thing you know he's up and hopping around.

Yeah I saw that too. Our whole section starting booing him. It was funny when Texas was on offense their was some guys hobbling around they sure moved pretty fast to get off the field quickly.

I think what the refs should do is when the guy gets up and start walking after a minute or so, throw the flag and charge them a delay of game. Especially if start notice a pattern of them doing it.

:yeah

Seriously, the last guy who got "injured" was 5 yards away from the sideline and started walking to the sideline then just stops and falls to the ground. We had just gotten a first down, too, and I was like seriously? Dude :wtf

If you watched closely you could see the Texas coaches motioning for him to go down. Maybe didn't show it on TV, but a lot of fans at the game saw it. Pretty weak if you ask me.

And if you watched closely on the big-screen, you could see that he got hit, hard. What's with the conspiracy theories guys? Even if they were hypothetically true, what's the point? We've done it, Texas has done it, every school in America has had a player do that at one point in time, and it in no way decided who won the game.

And the booing? Disgusting.

I agree with this. When there was booing I was hoping it was something else happening causing the booing. Seriously, our offense getting stopped bc of a team "slowing our momentum" is one of the most ridiculous excuses one could come up with anyway. Nebraska fans have ALWAYS sat quietly and then clapped when an injured player is down/ goes off the field.

I don't remeber who it was but somebody took a dive before a play was about to begin in the second half and everyone (maybe just the student section?) started booing him, next thing you know he's up and hopping around.

Yeah I saw that too. Our whole section starting booing him. It was funny when Texas was on offense their was some guys hobbling around they sure moved pretty fast to get off the field quickly.

I think what the refs should do is when the guy gets up and start walking after a minute or so, throw the flag and charge them a delay of game. Especially if start notice a pattern of them doing it.

:yeah

Seriously, the last guy who got "injured" was 5 yards away from the sideline and started walking to the sideline then just stops and falls to the ground. We had just gotten a first down, too, and I was like seriously? Dude :wtf

If you watched closely you could see the Texas coaches motioning for him to go down. Maybe didn't show it on TV, but a lot of fans at the game saw it. Pretty weak if you ask me.

And if you watched closely on the big-screen, you could see that he got hit, hard. What's with the conspiracy theories guys? Even if they were hypothetically true, what's the point? We've done it, Texas has done it, every school in America has had a player do that at one point in time, and it in no way decided who won the game.

And the booing? Disgusting.

I agree with this. When there was booing I was hoping it was something else happening causing the booing. Seriously, our offense getting stopped bc of a team "slowing our momentum" is one of the most ridiculous excuses one could come up with anyway. Nebraska fans have ALWAYS sat quietly and then clapped when an injured player is down/ goes off the field.

After the announcers explained that the booing was due to the guy taking a dive it was understandable.

It ruins the sport when teams do things like this to gain an advantage——things like coaching your kids to take an injury dive. But did anyone really expect anything different from the University of Texas?

If the worst thing we do at Memorial Stadium is boo a player who seems to be following a pattern of injuries in the middle of Nebraska moving the ball, we're doing just fine. There are about a million worse things we could be doing.

Was it stupid? Yes. But a one-time incident doesn't mean we should be ashamed of our colors. Some of you guys are being way too melodramatic.

oh yeah it was happening. the very first one, my dad and I both said it reminded us of the USC game when thier guy was legitametly hurt and it kind of sucked all the air out of the stadium cuz it took 10 minutes to get him up.

then the second time, 4 texas fans behind us said 'well, i hope he's okay but it sure stopped their momentum.'

the third time i just looked back at them and raised my eyebrows like, WTF?? they just shrugged their shoulders.

the fourth time our crowd booed really loudly and those douche bags couldn't add it up...they said, 'so much for the classiest fans...i guess they boo when someone gets hurt.'

i turned around really polietly and said, 'seriously, that is the 4th time that has happened when we've gotten two first downs in a row.' they immediatly got all defensive and said yeah it's a big conspiracry and texas is the evil demon faking injuries.

i just asked them if they thought 80,000 people booing were watching a different game then they were?

I know the one guy who got booed (a CB) got flattened by Henry or Williams or another O-lineman. He tried to cut him at the knees or something and the o-lineman just kind of fell on him and looked to pinch his neck or something. That one looked like a legit injury, but he probably could've gotten off the field.

I remember that injury. During the replay his head was smashed into the ground pretty good.

He shouldn't have been dirty and tried to take the knees out of a 320 lb OL moving at top speed.