Home field troubles

Its seemingly obvious we aren't as effective playing on our home turf especially on offense. When we're on offense you can literally hear a pin drop, something our offense doesn't have the luxury of on the road however we seem to play quite fine. Is this getting to their heads? Also, if our offense can effectively call out plays then so can the opposing defense. My solution be loud throughout the whole game.. BOOM

Its seemingly obvious we aren't as effective playing on our home turf especially on offense. When we're on offense you can literally hear a pin drop, something our offense doesn't have the luxury of on the road however we seem to play quite fine. Is this getting to their heads? Also, if our offense can effectively call out plays then so can the opposing defense. My solution be loud throughout the whole game.. BOOM

I agree. We should scream when our offense is on the field and quiet down when our defense is on the field. We'll make them THINK they're at an away game. I like it.

In all seriousness, however, our offensive troubles at home are just as mind-boggling to us as they are to Pelini, because he has iterated as much. Perhaps the team just gets caught up in the moment and feels the need to perform well and they end up not executing. Whatever it is, it's getting tiresome to see as we have scored a combined 30 points in our last two games at home.

I was listening to sports nightly last night with Cook on there. He said the volleyball team also felt more stress and played tighter at home games than away games. They started a new tradition while playing on the road by collecting all cell phones at noon so that the team stayed focused and talked more with one another. I thought he had an interesting take on home versus away games, and he knows an awful lot about winning.

I was listening to sports nightly last night with Cook on there. He said the volleyball team also felt more stress and played tighter at home games than away games. They started a new tradition while playing on the road by collecting all cell phones at noon so that the team stayed focused and talked more with one another. I thought he had an interesting take on home versus away games, and he knows an awful lot about winning.

During home games, doesn't the football team move into a hotel room the night prior to avoid distractions?

When I was in college in the mid-90's they did. However, I do not know whether they still do or not. I think the point Cook is trying to make with taking away their cell phones is he's trying to take away a lot of their distractions. If the teams wants to talk, he wants them talking to one another. He believe it adds team unity.

When I was in college in the mid-90's they did. However, I do not know whether they still do or not. I think the point Cook is trying to make with taking away their cell phones is he's trying to take away a lot of their distractions. If the teams wants to talk, he wants them talking to one another. He believe it adds team unity.

I absolutely agree with Cooks philosophy. I just thought I recently read somewhere the football players are shuttled to a hotel somewhere to avoid distractions, etc. If true, Pelini may want to re-think that or at least modify it a little more.