Don't slay me for this

epocSoN

While he can run FAST, he can't run well. He has absolutely NO juke moves.

Hm. I would say that's rather the opposite. Green and Lee are both fast, but neither runs as well as Martinez. Martinez has vision. Maybe not power and maybe not sick jukes, but I think in the end that's not going to be too critical. The mental factor is a hundred times more important and there's a lot more to bag on Taylor in that area.

Why do you always say that Lee is fast? He is in now way "fast"He runs a 4.8/4.9 Also green is not slow, but he is not fast for a dual threat quarterback.Actually I probally shouldnt say dual threat because he isn't a threat running or passing the ball.I guess at least Lee can throw the ball well.

I always say this because now that we have Taylor, everyone for some reason categorizes Lee into a Zac Taylor, Pat Witt category of speed. Lee leaves Joe Ganz in the dust with his athleticism. I said he isn't a great runner, which should make most people satisfied. But that doesn't mean that he has pretty good straightline speed. Take that for what it's worth. Lee has 4.6 speed and if I recall, was reported to have outrun Quentin Castille and was one of the more athletic guys on the team of any position in tests during spring of '09. Lee isn't the best runner, but he's got wheels.

With Green, it's also open field speed. I think he takes a while to accelerate and get going, and also isn't the guy that can find holes and run through them. Could be due to his size. Green is pretty flying though. Wasn't it A&M that was looking for him to be WR?

It does seem like Taylor freezes up at times making decisions behind the line. On the other hand, when he does pull it down and run, sometimes it's just one deadly, decisive cut and he's gone.

I read somewhere else that he ran a 4.8 there is no way that he runs a 4.6 and also Lees athleticsim does not leave ganz in the dust that is totally bogus.I have been saying that lee is not in anyway fast long before we were talking about Taylor.Even if he runs a 4.6 it obviously doesn't translate onto the field ,Lee runs like a crippled old lady when he runs the zone read.Lee runs more like Zac taylor when it comes to running the football,and Green is a horrible runner with descent speed.Cody green has no elusiveness and all he can do is run behind a blocker,fumble,and overthrow his targets by ten yards.

Green is pretty fast for his size. The kid has 4 inches on Martinez and 25 lbs. Green has poor vision at times and most of the time he is pushing the blocker in front of him instead of making the play.

Because of his size he ultimately has slower acceleration than martinez and less of an ability to cut. Although his top end speed is decent.

I think the thing that seperates Martinez from others is his explosiveness in terms of time it takes for him to get to top speed. With guys like Lee or especially Green, they can get fast, but it takes a good 10-15 years. With Martinez, I feel like he gets through the hole and a step later he is going top speed. At that point he doesn't have to juke, but merely slightly change his angle to leave broken down defenders standing still.

Green is pretty fast for his size. The kid has 4 inches on Martinez and 25 lbs. Green has poor vision at times and most of the time he is pushing the blocker in front of him instead of making the play.

Because of his size he ultimately has slower acceleration than martinez and less of an ability to cut. Although his top end speed is decent.

Yeah I noticed that he gets tripped up in the backfield alot due to being a bigger target with slower acceleration.

I read somewhere else that he ran a 4.8 there is no way that he runs a 4.6 and also Lees athleticsim does not leave ganz in the dust that is totally bogus.I have been saying that lee is not in anyway fast long before we were talking about Taylor.Even if he runs a 4.6 it obviously doesn't translate onto the field ,Lee runs like a crippled old lady when he runs the zone read.Lee runs more like Zac taylor when it comes to running the football,and Green is a horrible runner with descent speed

Hm. I am pretty sure all of this is just not true. But the perception seems to be firmly ingrained. I'll admit that I could be wrong on this, as it's not really my first-hand information anyway. Don't have to believe it if you don't want to ;) Anyway, this thread is more about Taylor, so I don't want to get really off track here.

I happen to disagree with with. He has very nice escapability and I remember the first game of the year he had a run that amazed me because of a sidestep he made. Yes it was Western Kentucky but still. Also this doesnt mean much but if I was out there trying to make a tackle chances are one of my ankles would probably break.

I belive the play you are reffering to is my sig, but I could be wrong. I think his "lack of moves" is probably more assoicated with his youth and field vision. He gets running and only looks straight ahead. As he develops inot a better player I would wager that we see his cuts improve greatly.

Just because someone made an observation about taylors performance with somebody in front of him as opposed to out of breath behind him doesn't mean they're saying there's something wrong with his running ability. Or that he's not going to be great. Or that it's our most important issue...or will even become an issue as most of the time it's people gasping. It's simply an observasion.

Wasn't there a sports science thread on Martinez making a 70 deg cut in like .3 seconds or something like that?

I do have to say I'd much prefer a runner to just go forward instead of dance around and get smashed. Make one cut, and run.