Has a Visiting Team's fans..........

Only thing close to this was when I and a couple others "stormed" the A&M field in 2002 in a drunk fueled bender. Got tackled/assaulted by a corp member, got in the OWH, Omaha late news, A&M student newspaper. Some NU school detective came to my frat to speak with me, confiscated my video of the event and asked if I wanted to press charges. (declined that)

After the initial "run" and some of the players helping me out of that jam some A&M coach picked me out and said I started it all. Had 1 hand in cuffs before they decided to release me to my family standing about 2 feet away. The unwritten rule is that A&M grass is sacred stuff and no one can stand on it. (IMO-bunch of BS since I have never heard that crap until that night) Got lucky that I did not have to spend the night in jail like my other buddy for bringing in booze to the game. Unfortunatley, for him we had to leave for Houston and he had to stay in Bryan(ghetto part of College Station).

This event did not repeat in 2006 (we did take a group picture after the game though on the grass!) and I have no plans of repeating that in 2010.

Why would they tear down our goal posts after they lose??

Have any visiting fans torn town the hosts goalposts? Who would allow that?

I was at both A&M games. Was too high up in 2002 but I saw a scuffle or two. They must've relaxed their policy in 2006 because plenty of us were on the field. All that I saw were pretty calm, making no threat to the goal posts and interacting with any A&M players. Mostly just surrounding the Husker players and taking a few pix.

Only thing close to this was when I and a couple others "stormed" the A&M field in 2002 in a drunk fueled bender. Got tackled/assaulted by a corp member, got in the OWH, Omaha late news, A&M student newspaper. Some NU school detective came to my frat to speak with me, confiscated my video of the event and asked if I wanted to press charges. (declined that)

After the initial "run" and some of the players helping me out of that jam some A&M coach picked me out and said I started it all. Had 1 hand in cuffs before they decided to release me to my family standing about 2 feet away. The unwritten rule is that A&M grass is sacred stuff and no one can stand on it. (IMO-bunch of BS since I have never heard that crap until that night) Got lucky that I did not have to spend the night in jail like my other buddy for bringing in booze to the game. Unfortunatley, for him we had to leave for Houston and he had to stay in Bryan(ghetto part of College Station).

This event did not repeat in 2006 (we did take a group picture after the game though on the grass!) and I have no plans of repeating that in 2010.

Would this by chance be you?

corppuncher5vl.jpg

You are now officially a God to me

I’ve not heard of visiting fans tearing down goal posts. But a couple of years ago after Duke beat Northwestern on the road the Duke students stormed their own empty field back in Durham, North Carolina and tore down their own goal posts. Pretty weird, huh?

I’ve not heard of visiting fans tearing down goal posts. But a couple of years ago after Duke beat Northwestern on the road the Duke students stormed their own empty field back in Durham, North Carolina and tore down their own goal posts. Pretty weird, huh?

I'm guessing it hasn't happened in Lincoln, but here are a few times I've found that the visiting team has torn down the posts.

When Kellen Huston popped that Missouri fan in 2003, the fan declined to press charges as well - turns out, had he pressed charges, Missouri would have pressed charges against him for trespassing. Basically it would have been a mutual-fault issue, and it would either have been thrown out or both would have been penalized. Both decided to drop it, if I recall correctly.

I wouldn't worry about it, we're gonna thrash the crap outta them. They will have zero reason to tear down goalposts unless they want to do it because they are so mad about how bad we beat them. But I highly doubt there will be enough of them left in the stadium to do that.

Would this by chance be you?

corppuncher5vl.jpg

Yes, that is me getting ripped a new one by a corp member who hit another fan over the head with his sword (other dude had to have stitches). What is not in the photo is what happened beforehand and why I am on the ground trying to get up. Not a moment I brag to much about while in Houston. Funny thing was that after I took my first job after college in 2006 a month later my boss's brother (works with us) found that picture and several other stories and was very curious about the experience.

edit: can not believe this picture is still accessible on the internet.