Rushing

Passing

TO’s

ST

MISSOURI 152

-

NEBRASKA

LAST 13 YEAR MATCHUPS

Missouri is off to their first 7-0 start since 1960 and last week arguably had their biggest win in school history as they upset #1 Oklahoma by returning the opening KO 86 yds for a TD and also took advantage of 3 key Sooner TO’s. Nebraska is also off an impressive win as QB Martinez a week after being benched threw for a career high 323 pass yds and 5 TD’s in the 10 pt road win over Oklahoma St. Last year against Nebraska, Missouri was up 12-0 after 3Q’s but suffered a 4Q collapse as Nebraska scored 3 TD’s in just 11 plays. Gabbert was banged up in the game and this year despite not being 100% has avg 335 ypg (69%) with a 4-0 ratio the last two games. Nebraska had won 15 straight at home vs Missouri until the Tigers came into Lincoln two years ago and embarrassed them 52-17. This year will be a different story as Martinez’s new found passing game keeps the surprising Tiger defense guessing and the Huskers get a huge Big 12 North victory.

PHIL’S FORECAST : NEBRASKA 34 MISSOURI 20

how did mizzou beat ou? i saw it was raining, i thought mizzou could never win in the unfair conditions of seasonal rain.

if that was seasonal rain then i would like to know how you sir are able to get such a good satalite connection in your home buired deep within the Amazon. :lol:

Eerily similar to last week, here are some more predictions rolling in.

Nebraska victory J. Darin Darst, CBSSports.com

Nebraska victory Dennis Dodd, CBSSports.com

Missouri 27, Nebraska 23 Jason Horowitz, CBSSports.com

Nebraska victory Adam Jacobi, CBSSports.com

Nebraska victory Chip Patterson, CBSSports.com

Nebraska 26, Missouri 23 John Tamanaha, MSNBC.com

Nebraska victory Pete Fiutak, CollegeFootballNews.com

Nebraska victory Richard Cirminiello, CollegeFootballNews.com

Nebraska victory Matthew Zemek, CollegeFootballNews.com

Nebraska 24, Missouri 23 Dale Jones, Capstone Report

Nebraska victory Mike Huguenin, Rivals.com

Nebraska victory Tom Dienhart, Rivals.com

Nebraska victory Olin Buchanan, Rivals.com

Nebraska victory Gerry Ahern, Rivals.com

Nebraska victory Pat Forde, ESPN.com

Nebraska 34, Missouri 31 The Sports Network

Well, let's look at why NU lost to TX and why OU lost to MU. Very easily can be described by how poor both NU and OU played early in the game. If we come out and start the game good and get some points early and can hold MU to FG's I like our chances to the tune of 99% guarantee of win.

Eerily similar to last week, here are some more predictions rolling in.

Nebraska victory J. Darin Darst, CBSSports.com

Nebraska victory Dennis Dodd, CBSSports.com

Missouri 27, Nebraska 23 Jason Horowitz, CBSSports.com

Nebraska victory Adam Jacobi, CBSSports.com

Nebraska victory Chip Patterson, CBSSports.com

Nebraska 26, Missouri 23 John Tamanaha, MSNBC.com

Nebraska victory Pete Fiutak, CollegeFootballNews.com

Nebraska victory Richard Cirminiello, CollegeFootballNews.com

Nebraska victory Matthew Zemek, CollegeFootballNews.com

Nebraska 24, Missouri 23 Dale Jones, Capstone Report

Nebraska victory Mike Huguenin, Rivals.com

Nebraska victory Tom Dienhart, Rivals.com

Nebraska victory Olin Buchanan, Rivals.com

Nebraska victory Gerry Ahern, Rivals.com

Nebraska victory Pat Forde, ESPN.com

Nebraska 34, Missouri 31 The Sports Network

Surely Forde's prediction is a misprint. :blink:

What I don't get is, why are so many pundits picking Nebraska? Are our errors (fumbles, poor tackling/missed tackles, lack of QB pressure, missed O Line blocking assignments) magically going away Saturday? If so I would LOVE that, because I have no wish to watch my first Husker loss in person this week.

On top of that, Missouri is the higher-ranked team, having played a tougher schedule (albeit not a LOT tougher, but still). On top of THAT, Missouri's close game was against a real Div 1A opponent, while ours was against Middle South Dakota State Tech Brookings or some such team.

On top of that, our one "big game" of the year we couldn't get out of our own way. Was our Oklahoma State game or our Washington game so impressive that records suddenly don't matter to these guys?

I honestly think that most people think the UT game was nothing more than a fluke and a group of coaches, the university, the media, the fans making WAY too big of a game out of it. They went into it with all the wrong reasons to be motivated. We weren't getting motivated to win the division or to win the conference, they went into it with nothing but "redemption" and 0:01 and 1-9 and a defunct conference on their mind. They went into it to beat a NAME, not a team and they couldn't live up to the hype.

On the other hand, I think people see MU for what they are. I think they are a good team, not great, but very good. Coming off of their biggest win in program history and they know how hard it is to rebound from that high in this short amount of time. Not only tough to rebound from that high, but then to have to get up to AT LEAST that level again in order to beat another VERY good Nebraska team, on the road. That's not an easy task at all.

I see your point and it's a VERY good one. But, if NU doesn't completely wreck themselves this weekend with dumb mistakes, they will be in good shape.

I honestly think that most people think the UT game was nothing more than a fluke and a group of coaches, the university, the media, the fans making WAY too big of a game out of it. They went into it with all the wrong reasons to be motivated. We weren't getting motivated to win the division or to win the conference, they went into it with nothing but "redemption" and 0:01 and 1-9 and a defunct conference on their mind. They went into it to beat a NAME, not a team and they couldn't live up to the hype.

On the other hand, I think people see MU for what they are. I think they are a good team, not great, but very good. Coming off of their biggest win in program history and they know how hard it is to rebound from that high in this short amount of time. Not only tough to rebound from that high, but then to have to get up to AT LEAST that level again in order to beat another VERY good Nebraska team, on the road. That's not an easy task at all.

I see your point and it's a VERY good one. But, if NU doesn't completely wreck themselves this weekend with dumb mistakes, they will be in good shape.

Unfortunately, the best thing nebraska does is completely wreck themselves with dumb mistakes at the worst times. lol <_<

personally i dont think that its that they only think MU is a good team. I believe its because at the end of 2007 and the start of 2008 every tom,dick and harry jump on the Mizzou band wagon and MU didnt perform. They fell apart in the second half against OU in 07, then just when all the national guys believed after the NE game in 08 they played like crap and lost to OSU then got blown off the field against TX. I think MU burned them and they will not pick them again in those type of games until MU proves they can win them. If mu wins on saturday there will not be enough spots on the wagon for all those who want to jump on. If they lose, then everyone is safe.

Once bitten, twice shy. ;)