Big 12 suspends Eric Martin for one game

Nexus

Why is it that the only people that think this is a legal hit are Husker fans?

There are few impartial observers in this thread that think it was illegal, but for the most part 99% of you are wearing Husker goggles and can't look at this play logically.

The announcers said he led with his helmet.

The Big XII said he led with his helmet.

Print media said he led with his helmet.

Open your eyes people.

I call BS. I live out of Nebraska and work with mostly Nebraska haters. I should the clip to a number of them and asked, "was this a clean, hard it, or was it an illegal hit or a cheap shot." every single person said it was a clean hard hit and that the guy should have been paying attention.

Which clip did you show? As has already been pointed out in this (and other) threads, there is an angle that makes it look like a clean hit. The one where the OSU player's back is to the camera.

There are few impartial observers in this thread that think it was illegal, but for the most part 99% of you are wearing Husker goggles and can't look at this play logically.

Open your eyes people.

I call BS. I live out of Nebraska and work with mostly Nebraska haters. I should the clip to a number of them and asked, "was this a clean, hard it, or was it an illegal hit or a cheap shot." every single person said it was a clean hard hit and that the guy should have been paying attention.

Which clip did you show? As has already been pointed out in this (and other) threads, there is an angle that makes it look like a clean hit. The one where the OSU player's back is to the camera.

Every clip I've seen shows Martin leading with his shoulder with incidental contact with the helmet. Every clip.

Open your eyes people.

Every clip I've seen shows Martin leading with his shoulder with incidental contact with the helmet. Every clip.

Blah blah blah.

Hey, guess what? You know what's in this thread. If you don't want to read it, stay out of it. It's not like this is some mystery thread where you don't know the topic. If you're tired of the topic, stay out.

why would anyone be annoyed with such insightful commentary as 'blah, blah, blah'? you do not get such analysis and perspective everywhere.

• Fire 3

Hey, guess what? You know what's in this thread. If you don't want to read it, stay out of it. It's not like this is some mystery thread where you don't know the topic. If you're tired of the topic, stay out.

why would anyone be annoyed with such insightful commentary as 'blah, blah, blah'. you do not get such analysis and perspective everywhere.

I've already given my analysis and perspective on what knapplc calls "logic" in another thread. I'm not going to reboot that conversation here no matter what he wants.

why would anyone be annoyed with such insightful commentary as 'blah, blah, blah'. you do not get such analysis and perspective everywhere.

I've already given my analysis and perspective on what knapplc calls "logic" in another thread. I'm not going to reboot that conversation here no matter what he wants.

fair enough.

If you need further evidence that the timing of this suspension and subsequent mud-slinging against Nebraska is not an accident, check out the video below. Pay special attention to the hit at :43 by our Mr. Martin. This hit took place last season, when the rule that allowed Martin's suspension was in effect:

That hit, celebrated by all, commemorated in this video, witnessed by tens of thousands including the Big XII front office, resulted in no penalty, no suspension.

Of course, Nebraska hadn't announced they were leaving for the Big 10 when this hit took place. ;)

Ok, after watching the hit multiple times, here is my take. This is a great block that any of us would applaud if someone on our team executed it. A rewind and re-watch block, where we high-five the guy next to us. It was unfortunate that there was helmet-to-helmet contact. Was it intentional? Who knows, but I can see where it was unavoidable given the position of both players. The announcers harping on it surely led to the league examination and the fact that the OSU player laid there obviously hurt probably contributed to the suspension.

Was he celebrating after the hit? Probably, but I doubt that he was celebrating hurting the guy. He was hyped-up from the play, the touchdown, and from his part in making it happen. Again, this is the kind of block that we all cheer regularly when our team does it.

The suspension was a terrible decision, and I hope it gets appealed and overturned.

Looking forward to the game with you guys Saturday. I'm sorry you are leaving the Big XII; having Nebraska in the league made us all better. I wouldn't even hazard a guess as to who is going to win, although I hope we win, and win big. I think that this Mizzou team is the best and most balanced we have had in my lifetime, and I want to see us succeed.