Big 12 suspends Eric Martin for one game

Nexus

Unbiased observer: Definitely an illegal hit. Would he have gotten suspended if the NFL didn't have its panties in a wad about hits like this one? Meh, who knows. But he absolutely led with the crown of his helmet, no question about it.

There most certainly is a question about it. He led with his shoulder, as he has done on dozens of similar hits throughout his career. Helmets touched, but he did not lower his head and lead with the crown of his helmet.

So, in the year and a half that this rule has been in place no one has been suspended in the big 12? Thats flat out ridiculous, even Asante didnt get suspended last year when he laid the boom on Todd Reesing, and that was more helmet to hlemt than Eric's hit. Just het us out of the big 12 as fast as possible (with the CC Trophy).

Nebraska has a law that any minor(u21) can be cited for driving with any alcohol over .02 in their system. They don't call it a DUI, but Texass apparently does.

He didn't get a DWI (being over .08 or .10(?)), so it's not what you consider a DWI.

Oh man. If I ever need a lawyer I know who I'm calling.

Although I don't think Martin's hit on the Okie State play was warranted, I can see why they did it. My problem is that there has been no suspension handed down to other players that (obviously) violated the so-called "targeting rule". First at KSU when the d-lineman karate chopped Martinez in the head. Then the TAMU player who lowered the boom Asante-style on Kansas' quarterback who was sliding out of bounds. And finally, the guy at OSU who punched Martinez in the facemask.

Where's their suspensions, Beebe?

Very good find, Drumline. As has been mentioned several times in this thread, there are a multitude of helmet-to-helmet hits in every game.

The reason that Oklahoma State player wasn't suspended is very simple - next year his team will still be playing in the Big XII.

Can we just move onto the Big 10 now?

Very good find, Drumline. As has been mentioned several times in this thread, there are a multitude of helmet-to-helmet hits in every game.

The reason that Oklahoma State player wasn't suspended is very simple - next year his team will still be playing in the Big XII.

Not until we have their championship trophy.

• Fire 1

Take one guess on who the happiest Husker fan was when Martin's suspension was announced.

Look dikhead, I knew that it was a very good possibility given the recent outrage over any headshots. If you look at my original post, all I was doing was asking a question.

My gut told me that there was a pretty good chance that it was coming, and yes-he put the top of his helmet into the lower left side of the OSU players' facemask & that snappen his head back in a nasty way. It probably should have been flagged. Suspension? Uhhhhh, maybe-maybe not. Tough call.

You're just butthurt because your know it all attitude got beat down by the Big Texasss's decision.

WCHusker has been banned for repeated violations of Board rules, including personal attacks such as the one above.

• Fire 2

I don't want that trophy. I want the championship, but not the trophy. Just send it straight to Beebe's office.

I don't want that trophy. I want the championship, but not the trophy. Just send it straight to Beebe's office.

I would like to throw it at his feet.

Take one guess on who the happiest Husker fan was when Martin's suspension was announced.

Look dikhead, I knew that it was a very good possibility given the recent outrage over any headshots. If you look at my original post, all I was doing was asking a question.

My gut told me that there was a pretty good chance that it was coming, and yes-he put the top of his helmet into the lower left side of the OSU players' facemask & that snappen his head back in a nasty way. It probably should have been flagged. Suspension? Uhhhhh, maybe-maybe not. Tough call.

You're just butthurt because your know it all attitude got beat down by the Big Texasss's decision.

WCHusker has been banned for repeated violations of Board rules, including personal attacks such as the one above.

It's too bad that some people can't relay an opinion without stooping to low levels.

For the people calling for the OSU player to be suspended for the hit on Martinez, please understand this stupid rule by the NCAA:

No penalty was assessed on the play, but Big 12 officials reviewed the game tape and issued a suspension in accordance with NCAA Football Rule 9-6-3, which states, "if subsequent review of a game by a conference reveals plays involving flagrant personal fouls that game officials did not call, the conference may impose sanctions prior to the next scheduled game."