Big 12 suspends Eric Martin for one game

Nexus

A few if you have mentioned another fact . . . the refs didn't see the need to flag it.

They DID flag the Okie St. player who jacked Martinez. Hmm.

And then that kid doesn't get suspended. I shouldn't even have to mention that the one against Martinez looked far dirtier and malicious.

Oh, but Martinez got up and wasn't hurt. Must be O.K. then...

Apparently you can do tons of bad things but as long as he isn't hurt and the refs give you a little slap on the wrist then everything is kosher. Got it, Big 12. :thumbs

A few if you have mentioned another fact . . . the refs didn't see the need to flag it.

They DID flag the Okie St. player who jacked Martinez. Hmm.

And then that kid doesn't get suspended. I shouldn't even have to mention that the one against Martinez looked far dirtier and malicious.

Oh, but Martinez got up and wasn't hurt. Must be O.K. then...

Apparently you can do tons of bad things but as long as he isn't hurt and the refs give you a little slap on the wrist then everything is kosher. Got it, Big 12. :thumbs

And a tip of my cap to the Husker fans who called for Martin's head while completely ignoring that hit on Martinez. Stay classy, guys. :thumbs

:bs:

He may have been laughing about something else on the sidelines, we don't know.

Torax3, Martin has stated that he was laughing about being tired from running, and having to go back out for kickoff coverage. You're welcome not to believe him, of course.

I hadn't heard that and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

I agree with the people that say this wouldn't be an issue if the guy had gotten up right away or if Martin had knelt down on the field and waited for him to get up (rather than squat flexing over his lifeless body). As it was it's the perfect media clip for this issue. There is no way the BIG12 was going to have that hit played over and over on 60 minutes talking about how dangerous the sport is becoming and how the BIG12 did nothing.

:bs:

He may have been laughing about something else on the sidelines, we don't know.

Torax3, Martin has stated that he was laughing about being tired from running, and having to go back out for kickoff coverage. You're welcome not to believe him, of course.

that makes sense. it is not like he was pointing at the player. and who cares what he was laughing at? it is about the play on the field. i did not know you get penalized for your attitude.

Here's something I don't understand...

Why did they wait until freaking WEDNESDAY to announce this? They have, what, like ONE MORE DAY of real practice this week before the biggest game of the season? I'm sure the coaches would have liked to get a few other guys more reps in light of one of the most important special teams players, and 2nd string LB (where we are already thin) being completely unavailable for action.

EDIT: I just read on the Journal Star that NU got a letter about this on Monday. The decision wasn't official until today, I guess.