CFN.com Fearless Prediction: Mizz-Neb

GSG

These guys at CFN are about as good as the BCS is at getting the national title right. Every game is a new one and there is no way to predict things because it is college football. If i had to pick the spread no doubt im takin the 7.5 points and pickin Mizzou but if im picking a winner its no doubt Nebraska. Mizzou's offense it bubble screens to wr, screens to rb, and crossing routes. Nebraskas d is designed to keep things in front and Gabbert will make a few bad reads and this will cost them. Mizzou relies on the run after the catch if Nebraska tackles well we win easily.

I could be totally off, but i dont see a high scoring game. Mizzou has given up 36 total pts in conference to 3 teams that avg. 36, 30 & 16 pts in conference play and 35,33& 20 on the season.

It may happen but if it gets high i think you will see at 35-28 type of score. And I am not sure it gets that high.

agree. I expect Gabbert will need to scramble for 3rd downs most of the day. Gilbert had run for slim-to-none prior to facing our dominant :sarcasm run defense. Expect to see that same thing 4-5 times for 40 yards, but he can't do that all game. MU's defensive end's contain well and NU will have a number of 3 & outs because of this. Things will eventually start clicking for one or the other, or a couple turnovers will open the game up. Definately lower scoring game though, which are games we usually win (if we can keep our fumbles under 8...8 is our breaking point). I like our chances in the second half as well, (defense adjusts well - see Texas/Okie). If we're within seven at half time I'll be ok. Anything more than that - especially if they were quick Gabbert strikes...and I'm worried.

.......what!?!?....oh sorry, i didnt catch any of that. I was staring at your av. :wub:

:lol:

His av distracts a lot of us :lol:

Here's an idea...someone needs to put kchusker_chris' avatar on a sign and hold it during the game when Mizzou is on offense. See if it'll distract them some :corndance

My only problem with what they wrote is that the only reason Nebraska failed against the best defense they faced was because receivers dropped open passes. It's not like Nebraska's offense got completely stymied by UT, they had opportunities to put up no less than 24 points, and if the receivers actually catch those passes, perhaps UT backs off, opening up the run. . .would've, could've, should've, I know, but let's give credit where it is due: the NU backs and receivers who dropped 8 passes for little to no reason (other than playing uptight.)

My only problem with what they wrote is that the only reason Nebraska failed against the best defense they faced was because receivers dropped open passes. It's not like Nebraska's offense got completely stymied by UT, they had opportunities to put up no less than 24 points, and if the receivers actually catch those passes, perhaps UT backs off, opening up the run. . .would've, could've, should've, I know, but let's give credit where it is due: the NU backs and receivers who dropped 8 passes for little to no reason (other than playing uptight.)

That's right. It wasn't because our wrs bad a "marginal" day, or a "bad" day that cost us the Texas game. It was because they had a "horrible" day, dropping 3 TD passes and at least five other passes. It didn't matter one iota which qb we used either.....they just refused to catch the ball that game. Period.

They bounced back vs Okie State and caught quite a few and only dropped a couple which resulted in us racking up over 50 pts.

The more I think about it I'm getting more convinced our wrs are the biggest variable in this game. Thay catch the ball, we get scores and open up the running game....we win.

They drop the ball all over the place.....we lose.