No Love from Mizzou

HUSKERCR

here are just a few examples that i was easily able to find.

"the Tigers usually have somebody ready with a smart comment", "eaten up Mizzou’s sob story since its poor women’s soccer team failed to qualify for the NCAA Tournament in 2009" ,"Moaning Missouri" ," caught in the midst of Missouri’s latest premature celebration", ". Missouri can be replaced; its 7 million TV sets! were rarely tuned to Mizzou athletics in the first place.", "Missouri’s fan base, like Colorado’s fan base, isn’t going to acknowledge anything out loud. They’d rather turn in their snob card than do something like that", "Mizzou fans are a fickle lot anyway"," it’s fun to poke at Missouri","Last dance with Moaning Missouri, an athletic department worth its weight in complaint on a variety of topics"

All these examples that you found just look like the writers were stating facts...not cheap shots or insults...... :corndance

:lol:

personally i dont know why anyone would be upset if someone called your coach full of himself. Has anyone ever meet a high level college or pro coach who wasnt atleast a little? Thats an ego profession. To me its normal, common and expected. ;)

Saint Louis Post Dispatch resident hack sports "writer" Bernie Miklasz had some uncharitable comments for Nebraska on the front page of today's paper. Some samples:

"Nebraska bolted the Big 12 for the Big 10 in a brazen money grab, and NU's president took some shots at Missouri as he reached for the loot."

"Pelini and his brother Carl...are a little full of themselves."

"MU quarterback Blaine Gabbert, a Nebraska recruit, decommitted and stayed in Missouri. He'll probably get the yahoo treatment Saturday afternoon in Lincoln."

One thing you can always count on with Missouri: when they're down, they're hateful and resentful. When they're up they're hateful and arrogant.

I don't see why teams like Mizzou, and the rest of the Big XII crybaby's are carrying on over this...

How many stadiums on away games are filled with folks wearing red, spending their money in Stillwater, Columbia, Ames, etc. Since this is all a money grab, anyways....

I wonder if Missouri fans ever wonder why NOBODY ever

refers to them as "classy"?

Nobody refers to Nebraska fans as classy anymore except Nebraska fans so what is your point?

I've seen it myself several times this year already.

They weren't so classy against Texas...get behind early in this game and the fans' true colors will keep coming out. Nebraska's "classy fan" farse was built in the days when you were blowing teams out by 60. A lot easier to act classy when you still feel like you're better than any other team...but when you're just another team, I don't see a difference between Nebraska fans and anybody else.

Nobody refers to Nebraska fans as classy anymore except Nebraska fans so what is your point?

They weren't so classy against Texas...get behind early in this game and the fans' true colors will keep coming out. Nebraska's "classy fan" farse was built in the days when you were blowing teams out by 60. A lot easier to act classy when you still feel like you're better than any other team...but when you're just another team, I don't see a difference between Nebraska fans and anybody else.

What are you referring to about the Texas game? I was at that game, and every single Texas fan I talked to - literally a dozen, maybe two - said they were treated better in Lincoln than anywhere else.

Of course you don't - you're a rival. Commentators on several of our games have referred to us as still being some of the best fans in America. Stewart Mandel referred to us as the classiest fans, or some such thing, in one of his columns earlier this year.

You'll pardon me if I don't get too concerned about your opinion. Missouri has no love for Nebraska, and you guys have frequently disparaged the "classy fans" thing around here. Par for the course.

This is all Mizzou, and several other Big XII fanbases, have to hang their proverbial hat on right now, it seems like.

If you worried so much about this, then your priorities are skewed. This may be why your team has been getting it handed to them for the better part of a half century.

Have you ever watched a Nebraska game on TV? The announcers frequently say this as well. by the way, how are you treated on other message boards? I don't think other message boards welcome fans of opposing teams like we do here...

By the way welcome to the board.

This is all Mizzou, and several other Big XII fanbases, have to hang their proverbial hat on right now, it seems like.

If you worried so much about this, then your priorities are skewed. This may be why your team has been getting it handed to them for the better part of a half century.

I was a lifelong Mizzou fan til recent years when a close friend decided to attend Nebraska to play football (broke my heart at the time til i took some time to get to know the school/traditions/history). Now i have become a husker fan, but still respect what Pinkel and the tigers are doing over in columbia. I also attended the Texas game in lincoln this year and the fans were nothing but nice to the fans from texas. Before and after the game (with the exception of a few drunken idiots) the Longhorn fans were made to feel welcome. The only thing i could see as coming off as "not classy" would be the instances when the fans booed the opposing players who were hurt and getting assistance off the field. Now i know many were upset that they thought they were trying to slow the no huddle attack when our offense finally got going (which they could have been), but i definitely was surprised to hear boos from the crowd and thought it was kind of ridiculous. I will be in attendance again this weekend and expect to see a great, hard fought game from both sides with nebraska pulling out a close one in the end. GO BIG RED!!

We did leave for the Big 10 for money - both athletic and academic. I fail to see a problem with that.

Actually, this is not totally true. There was one school in particular that was talking to the Big 10. From my recollection, it was Mizzou that was trying to get hooked up with the Big 10, Coloroda was looking elsewhere as well. Nebraska didn't go "looking", it was Mizzou ... it was the Big 10 that asked us to the dance.

Correct? Or do I have on m Husker glasses?

SheepdogMark

Mizzou fans are just butthurt. They've whooped our asses 4 times in the past 10 years, and good for them.

But outside of that, they've been gettin' rode hard and put away wet for a mighty long time.

This is there last time to b*tch and moan, so they're acting like little dogs.

All bark and no bite.

What are you referring to about the Texas game? I was at that game, and every single Texas fan I talked to - literally a dozen, maybe two - said they were treated better in Lincoln than anywhere else.

Of course you don't - you're a rival. Commentators on several of our games have referred to us as still being some of the best fans in America. Stewart Mandel referred to us as the classiest fans, or some such thing, in one of his columns earlier this year.

You'll pardon me if I don't get too concerned about your opinion. Missouri has no love for Nebraska, and you guys have frequently disparaged the "classy fans" thing around here. Par for the course.

Agree completely. I flew back for the TX game and was talking to a lot of TX fans before and after the game and had a great time. Hell, we were in the gates of the Champions club and saw Mack coming out of the ESPN bus and yelled that they had our number. He threw his hands up jokingly like "nah, that's not the case" and a bunch of people were yelling great game coach.

I must have missed something there.

We left because of money...in the end it all came down to money. We were getting a better deal with the Big 10 in terms of money than we'd ever get in the Big XII. We didn't feel like the Big XII was viable long term regarding stability - again, that's a money issue, because if the Big XII collapsed and we didn't have something panned out already, we'd lose money. The Big 10 offers far, far more academically than the Big XII can...again, it's all about money in terms of future grants due to the academic opportunities.

Every university does what it can to look out for itself. Texas has been extremely successful in the Big XII. I don't hold that against them, but rather those in charge of the Big XII, as it has been run poorly. We did what we could to ensure long term stability in terms of sports and increased money from athletics and academics.

It was a win win decision for us that any other university would have been insane to pass up in our position. But yeah, it was about money, and you know why? Universities are big business and that's how they're run.