No Love from Mizzou

HUSKERCR

That market is called America. Don't kid yourself that it's just CoMo. It's Lincoln, Des Moines, Wichita, Fargo, Little Rock, Stillwater, Dallas, Miami, Fresno, Seattle, etc, etc, etc.

Have you seen any Omaha or Lincoln papers print something like this? Honestly curious, I haven't.

This is borderline. Lotta backhanded shots at the school in there:

http://nebraska.statepaper.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2010/10/25/4cc4dd5fdcaba

It was all true. Mizzou hates the Big 12 as much as Nebraska does, and has been openly honest about wanting to jump to the Big 10. And y'all should be a little peeved about us getting the invite instead of you. The only thing that is even close to being backhanded is "unable to cement an academic identity that will, in a decade's time."

The rest is 100% spot on. But we're not hating you for it. If we were in the same position, we'd be pissed that the Big 10 took you over us.

here are just a few examples that i was easily able to find.

"the Tigers usually have somebody ready with a smart comment", "eaten up Mizzou’s sob story since its poor women’s soccer team failed to qualify for the NCAA Tournament in 2009" ,"Moaning Missouri" ," caught in the midst of Missouri’s latest premature celebration", ". Missouri can be replaced; its 7 million TV sets! were rarely tuned to Mizzou athletics in the first place.", "Missouri’s fan base, like Colorado’s fan base, isn’t going to acknowledge anything out loud. They’d rather turn in their snob card than do something like that", "Mizzou fans are a fickle lot anyway"," it’s fun to poke at Missouri","Last dance with Moaning Missouri, an athletic department worth its weight in complaint on a variety of topics"

All these examples that you found just look like the writers were stating facts...not cheap shots or insults...... :corndance

:lol:

personally i dont know why anyone would be upset if someone called your coach full of himself. Has anyone ever meet a high level college or pro coach who wasnt atleast a little? Thats an ego profession. To me its normal, common and expected. ;)

Feel free to call Pinkel any name you want.

It was all true. Mizzou hates the Big 12 as much as Nebraska does, and has been openly honest about wanting to jump to the Big 10. And y'all should be a little peeved about us getting the invite instead of you. The only thing that is even close to being backhanded is "unable to cement an academic identity that will, in a decade's time."

The rest is 100% spot on. But we're not hating you for it. If we were in the same position, we'd be pissed that the Big 10 took you over us.

Post one link where an MU official said we wanted to go to the Big 10.

Really? Do you have any links where NU officials said the same? Of course not.

No love lost between MU and NU, that's for sure. MU is a little bitter about the conference shuffle and it's obvious. The only entity that is totally happy with the current Big 12 setup is Texas. Nebraska hates the fact that MU has come up and is a formidable opponent. The MU-NU series the last 10 years has been more competitive than any other time since lord knows when. In a way, I wish we could go back to Big 8 days. The conference was more tight knit and personal, and the 8 schools made way to many concessions for the other 4. I'm not bitter or angry towards MU in the conference shuffle. They were just reacting to Texas also and are walking back with egg on their face, same thing could have happened to NU. I have respect for the level of MU's programs, but you can't refute the statement that MU wouldn't trade seats with NU in a heartbeat. This type of stuff sets the tone for the game week and makes for easy stories.

My own personal experience at MU was negative due to ridiculous fans, so I enjoy nothing more than beating them now. This animosity flows freely and I am sure you can expect to see a really hard hitting physical game tomorrow. I can't friggin wait.

Really? Do you have any links where NU officials said the same? Of course not.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/79697752.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiUo8cyaiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUU

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5184715

How about your damn Governor?

He will respond, correctly, that the governor is not a "school official." That's why he worded it the way he did. And of course the governor holds no sway over MU's conference affiliation. But it's not open to debate that Missouri VERY MUCH coveted Big 10 membership.

Still does, as a matter of fact.

He will respond, correctly, that the governor is not a "school official." That's why he worded it the way he did. And of course the governor holds no sway over MU's conference affiliation. But it's not open to debate that Missouri VERY MUCH coveted Big 10 membership.

Still does, as a matter of fact.

Exactly, I noticed the way it was worded and figured that would be coming.

I don't care if we're getting any love from Missouri or not. We will destroy them on Saturday.................why? Because I'm a Husker fan and that's what I believe. Holds true for any of our opponents, then after we win we'll have our way with your cheerleaders.

Perfect example of missouri not being the only state with idiots on message boards!!!

We did leave for the Big 10 for money - both athletic and academic. I fail to see a problem with that.

Actually, this is not totally true. There was one school in particular that was talking to the Big 10. From my recollection, it was Mizzou that was trying to get hooked up with the Big 10, Coloroda was looking elsewhere as well. Nebraska didn't go "looking", it was Mizzou ... it was the Big 10 that asked us to the dance.

Correct? Or do I have on m Husker glasses?

SheepdogMark

Technically in the end Nebraska did go looking but it was really late in the game. There was a really good article posted in the conference expansion area (and yes I am too lazy to go find it right now) that gave a nice run down of the full timeline and what happened with Nebraska and the Big 10. Osborne and Pelini were keeping an eye on the situation but not really worried about it and then someone said something to Osborne and he approached Delaney and it rolled from there.

I still think Missouri ends up in the Big 10 sooner rather than later :)

I don't care if we're getting any love from Missouri or not. We will destroy them on Saturday.................why? Because I'm a Husker fan and that's what I believe. Holds true for any of our opponents, then after we win we'll have our way with your cheerleaders.

Perfect example of missouri not being the only state with idiots on message boards!!!

cvaughn's warning level has been raised for this personal attack. Please attack the post and not the poster. Back to the topic...

cvaughn's warning level has been raised for this personal attack. Please attack the post and not the poster. Back to the topic...

So its ok for nub posters to attack idiot mu posters, but not ok for mu posters to attack idiot nub posters? sounds fair! Can I attack your cheerleaders?

So its ok for nub posters to attack idiot mu posters, but not ok for mu posters to attack idiot nub posters? sounds fair! Can I attack your cheerleaders?

You could but you would lose.

No, but you have to be eloquent and show alacrity in stating the retardation of posts and posters of this board.

So, if you are to question the mental acumen, and validity of those opposing you, it would behoove you "check yourself, before you wreck yourself".