Official Ruling on Osborne hit/Gabbert fumble

Hercules

Ive watched it over and over again, I guess all sacks are forward progress so QBs no longer have to worry about fumbling. He was in the pocket not moving so how does that count as forward progress stopping? If you have ESPN3 access its the last Mizz highlight on the game replay. Totally bizzaro world, but at least those extra 7 points we should have had dont matter.

post-5004-019280700 1288569465.jpgpost-5004-023335400 1288569479.jpg

I hope somebody at Nebraska demands an explanation from the head of officiating. I doubt they will get one that makes much sense though.

Remember Walt's explanation after the CCG. I think it woudl just upset me more. Another point to bring up is if that is ran back for a touchdown, Roy gets one fewer change at getting yardage and he may have missed out on the record (he only got it by 13 yards) not justifying the call, but maybe pointing out the silver lining

Damn, now you got me thinking he doesn't deserve the record!

Yeah, because we are SOOO different than you, right? Had the tables been turned, I'm sure this board would've sat back and golf-clapped over the whole deal.

That is exactly his point. You're telling everyone here to stop griping about calls that don't go our way, when you live in that same glass house.

You seem to have no point in your posts anymore, you're just being contrary to whatever the Husker fans post. If that's all you have to do... well, we have rules about that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teMlv3ripSM

There is a BIG difference between discussing missed calls and thinking they are out to get us or that it cost you a game. My posting history here and on Tigerboard will back up the fact that I don't and wouldn't subscribe to any conspiracy theories. If it makes you feel better about your own paranoia to think that I would, then that's fine with me.

You're going to be a top-10 team after this with a legitimate shot at a National title if a few other teams lose (which is quite possible). Do you really need this conspiracy rallying cry right now?

What exactly do you want? Do you want every BS call that went against Nebraska to simply be overlooked because we beat Missouri's ass? You are entirely unrealistic here.

I want you to recognize that there is no conspiracy. If we both took the time to put together a tape of all the BS calls we felt went against our teams this year, they would not be substantially different. Bad calls happen all the time. The suspension was unexpected, yes, but that had more to do with the NFL, in my opinion. And, I would be willing to bet we see another suspension this year.

Right, because Missouri Fan would never complain that there was a Big XII conspiracy against them, like in the allotment of bowl bids, right? You can be the pot or the kettle. Whichever you choose doesn't matter, because you're just as guilty as the rest.

I'm 100% positive there are Missouri fans that would complain about it. I said THIS Missouri fan wouldn't. Hell, we have people complaining that there may be a conspiracy against as it is just b/c we were involved in the whole realignment mess.

If that wasn't a fumble because of "forward progress" then 90% of the fumbles that occur could be called back or that reasoning.