Official Ruling on Osborne hit/Gabbert fumble

Hercules

Sorry if this has already been noted someplace else, but I didn't see it...

Apparently, the officials ruled forward progress on the sack, saying that the play was dead before the fumble occurred.

link

I'm not one for the conspiracy theories that Beebe and the Big 12 officiating crews are out to screw Nebraska... But this just won me over. That has to be one of the dumbest calls I've ever heard, and to make it after a review? Wow.

• Fire 1

WOW- i don't like giving legs to the conspiracy theory either, it's kind of whinny and like we're pre-making excuses. But I think we have to assume we are playing with a target on us and just play with such intensity that we can overcome such idiocrasy from the officials, both on the field and in the booth.

BTW- i found the officiating horribly inept in this game. I don't know if they were biased or not, but they didn't look qualified to officiate a college game. Not sure who the crew is, but they just looked lost all day.

2 Gabbert fumbles were disallowed after lengthy reviews. One was real close, the other was obvious. Not sure if the Big 12 has it out for us, but what is happening out there isn't doing much to quell that notion.

Oh, did you see the overturned muffed fumble in the Texas-Baylor game to let Texas get one more shot? Worst overturned call I have ever seen, wonder who owns this conference.

• Fire 1

2 Gabbert fumbles were disallowed after lengthy reviews. One was real close, the other was real close. Not sure if the Big 12 has it out for us, but what is happening out there isn't doing much to quell that notion.

Oh, did you see the overturned muffed fumble in the Texas-Baylor game to let Texas get one more shot? Worst overturned call I have ever seen, wonder who owns this conference.

There were bad calls both ways. I can think of a serious face mask on Gabbert and at least a couple of PI calls that were missed. There is no conspiracy, missed calls are part of the game.

2 Gabbert fumbles were disallowed after lengthy reviews. One was real close, the other was obvious. Not sure if the Big 12 has it out for us, but what is happening out there isn't doing much to quell that notion.

There were bad calls both ways. I can think of a serious face mask on Gabbert and at least a couple of PI calls that were missed. There is no conspiracy, missed calls are part of the game.

Did those non-calls directly result in points? If those 2 fumbles are called properly, it's 38-14 instead of 31-17. I didn't say there was a conspiracy, but sometimes you seriously wonder.

Did those non-calls directly result in points? If those 2 fumbles are called properly, it's 38-14 instead of 31-17. I didn't say there was a conspiracy, but sometimes you seriously wonder.

I would say at least on of the PI's that wasn't called would've resulted in a TD. Probably two of them, actually, as they were both in the endzone.

2 Gabbert fumbles were disallowed after lengthy reviews. One was real close, the other was real close. Not sure if the Big 12 has it out for us, but what is happening out there isn't doing much to quell that notion.

Right. Tell us that after your conference makes precedent-setting rulings against your players for plays that happen every week. Tell us that after your conference exhibits a consistent pattern of officiating "close calls" that go against your team, every time.

I don't expect you to be objective, but you'll understand if, after witnessing several such calls each game against our team, we give short shrift to your "it's all equal" mantra. We have eyes, and we know what's going on.

If Missouri is ever in a position to leave this conference and the conference appears likely to remain as a body, you'll know what we're talking about. Until then, keep living the dream.

I would say at least on of the PI's that wasn't called would've resulted in a TD. Probably two of them, actually, as they were both in the endzone.

I was at the game, and there was only one PI call that should have gone against us that wasn't called, and it wasn't anywhere near the endzone.

Right. Tell us that after your conference makes precedent-setting rulings against your players for plays that happen every week. Tell us that after your conference exhibits a consistent pattern of officiating "close calls" that go against your team, every time.

I don't expect you to be objective, but you'll understand if, after witnessing several such calls each game against our team, we give short shrift to your "it's all equal" mantra. We have eyes, and we know what's going on.

If Missouri is ever in a position to leave this conference and the conference appears likely to remain as a body, you'll know what we're talking about. Until then, keep living the dream.

You guys are insane. You just soundly beat the #6 team in the country and broke a losing streak at home against top 10 teams and you're going to sit around and complain about officiating in a game where calls were missed both ways.

No, we're justifiably pissed at a consistent pattern of rulings against our team. The fact that we annihilated Missouri doesn't change the fact that it's an uneven playing field regarding penalties and official's rulings.

You're dreaming if you think Missouri Fan wouldn't be reacting the same way. Wake up.

• Fire 3

No, we're justifiably pissed at a consistent pattern of rulings against our team. The fact that we annihilated Missouri doesn't change the fact that it's an uneven playing field regarding penalties and official's rulings.

You're dreaming if you think Missouri Fan wouldn't be reacting the same way. Wake up.

I was about to say something similar, but I think you said it better than I would of. :yeah

This Missouri fan wouldn't. Trust me, there are plenty of "officials out to get us" threads on our board, even without the spectre of leaving the conference.

I can see how you think there should have been a PI or two. If that happened to NU players we'd be screaming bloody murder on at least 1 of them. It isn't a spot foul in college so who knows what happens.

The facemask wouldn't have changed anything. You still had the ball at the 1.

The fumble is different than just a missed call. It wasn't a missed penalty at game speed.

It was reviewed and still wrong and the answer for it is BS!!! Forward progress?