Official Ruling on Osborne hit/Gabbert fumble

Hercules

2 Gabbert fumbles were disallowed after lengthy reviews. One was real close, the other was obvious. Not sure if the Big 12 has it out for us, but what is happening out there isn't doing much to quell that notion.

Oh, did you see the overturned muffed fumble in the Texas-Baylor game to let Texas get one more shot? Worst overturned call I have ever seen, wonder who owns this conference.

There were bad calls both ways. I can think of a serious face mask on Gabbert and at least a couple of PI calls that were missed. There is no conspiracy, missed calls are part of the game.

Did those non-calls directly result in points? If those 2 fumbles are called properly, it's 38-14 instead of 31-17. I didn't say there was a conspiracy, but sometimes you seriously wonder.

im not one to blame officials, esspecially when MU thought the game was at 3:30 and not 2:30, but you have no ground to cliam different scores because both fumbles where on plays were a missed facemask and PF helmet to helmet were not called. had the refs not missed both the calls and the fumlbes the fumbles would not have mattered because of the two personal fouls right before.....

just saying :hmmph

No, we're justifiably pissed at a consistent pattern of rulings against our team. The fact that we annihilated Missouri doesn't change the fact that it's an uneven playing field regarding penalties and official's rulings.

You're dreaming if you think Missouri Fan wouldn't be reacting the same way. Wake up.

This Missouri fan wouldn't. Trust me, there are plenty of "officials out to get us" threads on our board, even without the spectre of leaving the conference.

Again, you're dreaming. Of course you would; you're here right now talking about facemasks and PI calls that weren't made. If you're griping about this now, it's clear you'd be ramping those gripes up even more with the pattern of calls Nebraska has put up with this season.

Imagine playing this game without Aldon Smith because the Big XII just happened to suspend him before this game, for a hit that is commonly made every week in college football. Tell me that happens and you, personally, are not thinking there's something up with the situation. You're completely inobjective if you think you wouldn't be talking about that on a Tiger message board.

im not one to blame officials, esspecially when MU thought the game was at 3:30 and not 2:30, but you have no ground to cliam different scores because both fumbles where on plays were a missed facemask and PF helmet to helmet were not called. had the refs not missed both the calls and the fumlbes the fumbles would not have mattered because of the two personal fouls right before.....

just saying :hmmph

There was no personal foul helmet-to-helmet. What facemask are you talking about? Because for every missed facemask you want to talk about, I'll tell you another that wasn't called on Missouri.

No, we're justifiably pissed at a consistent pattern of rulings against our team. The fact that we annihilated Missouri doesn't change the fact that it's an uneven playing field regarding penalties and official's rulings.

You're dreaming if you think Missouri Fan wouldn't be reacting the same way. Wake up.

This Missouri fan wouldn't. Trust me, there are plenty of "officials out to get us" threads on our board, even without the spectre of leaving the conference.

Again, you're dreaming. Of course you would; you're here right now talking about facemasks and PI calls that weren't made. If you're griping about this now, it's clear you'd be ramping those gripes up even more with the pattern of calls Nebraska has put up with this season.

Imagine playing this game without Aldon Smith because the Big XII just happened to suspend him before this game, for a hit that is commonly made every week in college football. Tell me that happens and you, personally, are not thinking there's something up with the situation. You're completely inobjective if you think you wouldn't be talking about that on a Tiger message board.

There is a BIG difference between discussing missed calls and thinking they are out to get us or that it cost you a game. My posting history here and on Tigerboard will back up the fact that I don't and wouldn't subscribe to any conspiracy theories. If it makes you feel better about your own paranoia to think that I would, then that's fine with me.

You're going to be a top-10 team after this with a legitimate shot at a National title if a few other teams lose (which is quite possible). Do you really need this conspiracy rallying cry right now?

There is a BIG difference between discussing missed calls and thinking they are out to get us or that it cost you a game. My posting history here and on Tigerboard will back up the fact that I don't and wouldn't subscribe to any conspiracy theories. If it makes you feel better about your own paranoia to think that I would, then that's fine with me.

You're going to be a top-10 team after this with a legitimate shot at a National title if a few other teams lose (which is quite possible). Do you really need this conspiracy rallying cry right now?

What exactly do you want? Do you want every BS call that went against Nebraska to simply be overlooked because we beat Missouri's ass? You are entirely unrealistic here.

What exactly do you want? Do you want every BS call that went against Nebraska to simply be overlooked because we beat Missouri's ass? You are entirely unrealistic here.

I want you to recognize that there is no conspiracy. If we both took the time to put together a tape of all the BS calls we felt went against our teams this year, they would not be substantially different. Bad calls happen all the time. The suspension was unexpected, yes, but that had more to do with the NFL, in my opinion. And, I would be willing to bet we see another suspension this year.

Again, this is the wrong medium to get appeal on this line of thinking. Husker fans are not sympathetic to that cause.

Again, this is the wrong medium to get appeal on this line of thinking. Husker fans are not sympathetic to your cause.

Fair enough, I'll drop it.

I want you to recognize that there is no conspiracy. If we both took the time to put together a tape of all the BS calls we felt went against our teams this year, they would not be substantially different. Bad calls happen all the time. The suspension was unexpected, yes, but that had more to do with the NFL, in my opinion. And, I would be willing to bet we see another suspension this year.

Right, because Missouri Fan would never complain that there was a Big XII conspiracy against them, like in the allotment of bowl bids, right? You can be the pot or the kettle. Whichever you choose doesn't matter, because you're just as guilty as the rest.

And what proof do you have that there's no conspiracy against us? Are you aware of all the things that went on behind our back this off season?

There's plenty of evidence that somethings going on. Beebe's sudden ultimatum to Osborne? His outrageous pandering for Texas to keep what's left of the conference together. The suspension of Eric Martin last week?

I came to the realization that officials don't have to do much to sway a game. An extra half yard on a spot or short a yard, not reviewing important plays, not call holding or interference. Do these things happen every week? Sure! Who's going to notice a little extra sloppiness.

Are Nebraskans paranoid? A little. But as the saying goes, "Just because you're paranoid it doesn't mean someone's not out to get you."

I hope to see Nebraska on the Final Home Game of the season color over the turf where it says Big XII. Then, after Nebraska wins the Big XII Championship, pull up their Jerseys to reveal a shirt that reads "Big 10 Bound"

I was thinking about this yesterday ... WHY WAIT? Are we legally obligated to show the BIG XII logo on the field and uniforms or are we doing it to be good team players? If we are obligated I say remove all big XII signage and logos from the program.

I can see how you think there should have been a PI or two. If that happened to NU players we'd be screaming bloody murder on at least 1 of them. It isn't a spot foul in college so who knows what happens.

The facemask wouldn't have changed anything. You still had the ball at the 1.

The fumble is different than just a missed call. It wasn't a missed penalty at game speed.

It was reviewed and still wrong and the answer for it is BS!!! Forward progress?

No kidding. That is an awful explanation. The play was fast... okay, he stopped going forward when he got cleaned by Osborne... I guess that is what they meant...

Right, because Missouri Fan would never complain that there was a Big XII conspiracy against them, like in the allotment of bowl bids, right? You can be the pot or the kettle. Whichever you choose doesn't matter, because you're just as guilty as the rest.

I'm 100% positive there are Missouri fans that would complain about it. I said THIS Missouri fan wouldn't. Hell, we have people complaining that there may be a conspiracy against as it is just b/c we were involved in the whole realignment mess.

2 Gabbert fumbles were disallowed after lengthy reviews. One was real close, the other was real close. Not sure if the Big 12 has it out for us, but what is happening out there isn't doing much to quell that notion.

Oh, did you see the overturned muffed fumble in the Texas-Baylor game to let Texas get one more shot? Worst overturned call I have ever seen, wonder who owns this conference.

There were bad calls both ways. I can think of a serious face mask on Gabbert and at least a couple of PI calls that were missed. There is no conspiracy, missed calls are part of the game.

Funny, that's not what Tigerboard is saying about Gabbert's fumble.

But it's what one would expect from you based on your previous delusional posts.

Sorry to win and run but.....

BTW, I like you new moniker H8TR. Very accurate if I say so myself.