Official Ruling on Osborne hit/Gabbert fumble

Hercules

I hope to see Nebraska on the Final Home Game of the season color over the turf where it says Big XII. Then, after Nebraska wins the Big XII Championship, pull up their Jerseys to reveal a shirt that reads "Big 10 Bound"

I want to hear the fans chant "go big red!" When we get our big 12 championship trophy.. Then switch it to a "go big 10!" chant..

That fumble that Gabbert had as Osborne hit was a complete blown call! The fact that they reviewed it and said it was forward progress shows me that they are out to get us this season. Don Beebe can go screw himself, absolutely busch league B.S. going on right now. That was a fumble and a TD. We got screwed bottom line and I don't expect any Missouri fan to agree with it. Why would they? I hope like hell we win the Big XII so we can take the final Big XII Championship Trophy back to Lincoln and use it as a paper weight. That would just piss Beebe off to high heaven!

• Fire 1

If the Big 12 is serious about cleaning up the game then they ought to look at their mafia run officials. If anyone should be suspended it should be that booth official.

And if any Mizzou fan wants to talk about missed calls, go back and watch the Huskers D-line. There jersey about got pulled off them everytime Gabbert ran. Blatant holding.

2 Gabbert fumbles were disallowed after lengthy reviews. One was real close, the other was real close. Not sure if the Big 12 has it out for us, but what is happening out there isn't doing much to quell that notion.

Oh, did you see the overturned muffed fumble in the Texas-Baylor game to let Texas get one more shot? Worst overturned call I have ever seen, wonder who owns this conference.

There were bad calls both ways. I can think of a serious face mask on Gabbert and at least a couple of PI calls that were missed. There is no conspiracy, missed calls are part of the game.

Funny, that's not what Tigerboard is saying about Gabbert's fumble.

But it's what one would expect from you based on your previous delusional posts.

Sorry to win and run but.....

BTW, I like you new moniker H8TR. Very accurate if I say so myself.

What?

A. I don't speak for Tigerboard, I speak for myself

B. Delusional? Examples?

C. I am not Huskerh8ter, I can assure you that. But, I know enough about him to know that he would not hide behind a double handle.

There is a BIG difference between discussing missed calls and thinking they are out to get us or that it cost you a game. My posting history here and on Tigerboard will back up the fact that I don't and wouldn't subscribe to any conspiracy theories. If it makes you feel better about your own paranoia to think that I would, then that's fine with me.

You're going to be a top-10 team after this with a legitimate shot at a National title if a few other teams lose (which is quite possible). Do you really need this conspiracy rallying cry right now?

What exactly do you want? Do you want every BS call that went against Nebraska to simply be overlooked because we beat Missouri's ass? You are entirely unrealistic here.

I want you to recognize that there is no conspiracy. If we both took the time to put together a tape of all the BS calls we felt went against our teams this year, they would not be substantially different. Bad calls happen all the time. The suspension was unexpected, yes, but that had more to do with the NFL, in my opinion. And, I would be willing to bet we see another suspension this year.

Right, because Missouri Fan would never complain that there was a Big XII conspiracy against them, like in the allotment of bowl bids, right? You can be the pot or the kettle. Whichever you choose doesn't matter, because you're just as guilty as the rest.

Too bad this board wasn't around in 1997 following the Nebraska-Missouri game. Could you imagine the Tigger fans' uproar?

There is a BIG difference between discussing missed calls and thinking they are out to get us or that it cost you a game. My posting history here and on Tigerboard will back up the fact that I don't and wouldn't subscribe to any conspiracy theories. If it makes you feel better about your own paranoia to think that I would, then that's fine with me.

You're going to be a top-10 team after this with a legitimate shot at a National title if a few other teams lose (which is quite possible). Do you really need this conspiracy rallying cry right now?

What exactly do you want? Do you want every BS call that went against Nebraska to simply be overlooked because we beat Missouri's ass? You are entirely unrealistic here.

I want you to recognize that there is no conspiracy. If we both took the time to put together a tape of all the BS calls we felt went against our teams this year, they would not be substantially different. Bad calls happen all the time. The suspension was unexpected, yes, but that had more to do with the NFL, in my opinion. And, I would be willing to bet we see another suspension this year.

Right, because Missouri Fan would never complain that there was a Big XII conspiracy against them, like in the allotment of bowl bids, right? You can be the pot or the kettle. Whichever you choose doesn't matter, because you're just as guilty as the rest.

Too bad this board wasn't around in 1997 following the Nebraska-Missouri game. Could you imagine the Tigger fans' uproar?

Yeah, because we are SOOO different than you, right? Had the tables been turned, I'm sure this board would've sat back and golf-clapped over the whole deal.

Yeah, because we are SOOO different than you, right? Had the tables been turned, I'm sure this board would've sat back and golf-clapped over the whole deal.

That is exactly his point. You're telling everyone here to stop griping about calls that don't go our way, when you live in that same glass house.

You seem to have no point in your posts anymore, you're just being contrary to whatever the Husker fans post. If that's all you have to do... well, we have rules about that.

Honestly last week i was on the wagon of martin laid a bad hit on the OSU player. He didnt see it coming and he rocked his world. This week though i dont see the problem with the hit. Yes gabbert didnt see it coming but osborne lowered the boom and hit im in the body, eventhough gabbert lowered his head. I think the big deal was also made last week because the OSU player didnt get up after a whiel but Gabbert was on his feet and playing on the next play. Either way, there is no reason to call this a cheap shot or trying to take him out of the game. He put a hit on the QB. The only difference is that he didnt see it coming until it was to late and he just lowered his shoulder to absorb the hit and protect the ball.

Sorry if this has already been noted someplace else, but I didn't see it...

Apparently, the officials ruled forward progress on the sack, saying that the play was dead before the fumble occurred.

link

I'm not one for the conspiracy theories that Beebe and the Big 12 officiating crews are out to screw Nebraska... But this just won me over. That has to be one of the dumbest calls I've ever heard, and to make it after a review? Wow.

Plus one for you. It didn't take a call like this to convince me of a larger conspiracy theory. I am trying to get a hold of Mel Gibson to get his thoughts on this theory. What could be the worse thing for a badly wounded Big 12? Nebraska winning the North and winning the Conference.

I thought I had taped the game but it was clear to me that this was a fumble and not a pass. I think several calls went against the Huskers and since we weren't scoring, the officials were almost able to steal this game. They didn't account for Helu and his great game. Without those TD's and long runs, the Big 12 gets it wish and keeps NU out of the conference championship.

2 Gabbert fumbles were disallowed after lengthy reviews. One was real close, the other was obvious. Not sure if the Big 12 has it out for us, but what is happening out there isn't doing much to quell that notion.

Oh, did you see the overturned muffed fumble in the Texas-Baylor game to let Texas get one more shot? Worst overturned call I have ever seen, wonder who owns this conference.

There were bad calls both ways. I can think of a serious face mask on Gabbert and at least a couple of PI calls that were missed. There is no conspiracy, missed calls are part of the game.

Did those non-calls directly result in points? If those 2 fumbles are called properly, it's 38-14 instead of 31-17. I didn't say there was a conspiracy, but sometimes you seriously wonder.

If the correct calls were made on that play then the fumble would have been negated by the personal foul/blow to the head on Gabbert.

Not saying I agree with the penalty and how its setup but it was an illegal hit.

Sorry if this has already been noted someplace else, but I didn't see it...

Apparently, the officials ruled forward progress on the sack, saying that the play was dead before the fumble occurred.

link

I'm not one for the conspiracy theories that Beebe and the Big 12 officiating crews are out to screw Nebraska... But this just won me over. That has to be one of the dumbest calls I've ever heard, and to make it after a review? Wow.

Plus one for you. It didn't take a call like this to convince me of a larger conspiracy theory. I am trying to get a hold of Mel Gibson to get his thoughts on this theory. What could be the worse thing for a badly wounded Big 12? Nebraska winning the North and winning the Conference.

I thought I had taped the game but it was clear to me that this was a fumble and not a pass. I think several calls went against the Huskers and since we weren't scoring, the officials were almost able to steal this game. They didn't account for Helu and his great game. Without those TD's and long runs, the Big 12 gets it wish and keeps NU out of the conference championship.

What about the missed offsides with MU on the one? It was obivious to everyone on field and the announcers before the replay that the LG moved and rocked back. Where is Mel Gibson?

That fumble that Gabbert had as Osborne hit was a complete blown call! The fact that they reviewed it and said it was forward progress shows me that they are out to get us this season. Don Beebe can go screw himself, absolutely busch league B.S. going on right now. That was a fumble and a TD. We got screwed bottom line and I don't expect any Missouri fan to agree with it. Why would they? I hope like hell we win the Big XII so we can take the final Big XII Championship Trophy back to Lincoln and use it as a paper weight. That would just piss Beebe off to high heaven!

Ditto!!!! I say we drag it behind the equipment trailer all the way back to Lincoln. We are going to win the championship, bad call and all.