Video of Osborne's Hit / Blown Call

epocSoN

with all the deabte the last two weeks I looked up the rule on "targeting/defenseless player"

Targeting/Initiating Contact with Crown of the Helmet

ARTICLE 3.

No player shall target and initiate contact against an opponent with the crown (top) of his helmet. When in question, it is a foul.

PENALTY—Personal foul. 15 yards. For dead-ball fouls, 15 yards from the succeeding spot. Also, automatic first down for Team B fouls if not in conflict with other rules. (Exception: Penalties for Team A personal fouls behind the neutral zone are enforced from the previous spot. Safety if the foul occurs behind Team A’s goal line) [s7, S24, S34, S38, S39, S40, S41, S45 or S46]. Flagrant offenders shall be disqualified [s47].

For Team A fouls during free or scrimmage kick plays: Enforcement may be at the previous spot or the spot where the subsequent dead ball belongs to Team B (field-goal plays exempted) (Rules 6-1-8 and 6-3-13).

Defenseless Player: Contact to Head or Neck Area

ARTICLE 4

No player shall target and initiate contact to the head or neck area of a defenseless opponent with the helmet, forearm, elbow or shoulder. When in question, it is a foul. (See Points of Emphasis for a description of “Defenseless Player.”)

PENALTY—(Same as above)

2010 rules committee action report

clearly the hit is not agianst the aformentioned rule, it was not targeting, Gabbert was not defenseless, just a good, hard, highlight quality hit.

I've been at the last two games and been hearing the complaining about the announcers, and I just have to say wow. Does he just wait and wait for the chance to bring that subject up?

One more question, how much did they talk about the suspension? Cause I feel like from just watching this it was brought up a lot.

I've been at the last two games and been hearing the complaining about the announcers, and I just have to say wow. Does he just wait and wait for the chance to bring that subject up?

One more question, how much did they talk about the suspension? Cause I feel like from just watching this it was brought up a lot.

Hmmm...not sure that they even brought it up at all.

oNe you should watch the replay on espn3 to hear how bad the anouncers truely are. They did mention the suspension after Osbornes hit but not really to harp on it, only to show that the big 12 was cracking down on helmet to helmet htis.

In the video he says something about mentioning the suspension earlier. Must not have been brought up too much then.

oNe you should watch the replay on espn3 to hear how bad the anouncers truely are. They did mention the suspension after Osbornes hit but not really to harp on it, only to show that the big 12 was cracking down on helmet to helmet htis.

Ehh...I live in Colorado now and have Quest. Can't get espn3...i wish.