NU-KU game time (pay perview)

Husker-KU Game to Be Televised on Pay-per-View Basis

The University of Nebraska and FOX Sports Midwest have announced that Nebraska's Nov. 13 game against Kansas in Lincoln will be available on a pay-per-view basis. Kickoff time for the contest has been set for 6 p.m. CT.

Big 12 Special Order Sports, FOX Sports Net's pay-per-view division will produce the pay-per-view telecast and the games will be available on participating cable systems in Nebraska as well as nationally on participating satellite and telco systems.

The game is being televised on a pay-per-view basis because it was not among four Big 12 Conference games selected for over-the-air or cable television coverage on Nov. 13. Suggested retail price for the telecast, which will be available in HD is $39.95 and full ordering details will be available in the next few days.

"The pay-per-view telecast gives us the opportunity for as many of our fans as possible across the country to see the game," Nebraska Athletic Director Tom Osborne said. "Because of TV contracts and the logistics of being able to put the telecast together, an evening start was our only option."

Other televised Big 12 games on Nov. 13 include Kansas State at Missouri (11:30 a.m., FSN), Texas Tech at Oklahoma (ABC, 2:30 or 7 p.m.), Oklahoma State at Texas (ABC, 2:30 or 7 p.m.) and Texas A&M at Baylor (FSN, 6 p.m.).

Nebraska's game Saturday at Iowa State will be televised to a regional audience on ABC at 2:30 p.m. This marks NU's fourth consecutive week on ABC and the fifth time this season the Huskers have appeared on the network. Nebraska's Nov. 26 regular-season finale against Colorado will also be televised nationally on the network. A game time for the Huskers' Nov. 20 contest at Texas A&M will be announced on Monday.

With the determination of a kickoff time for Kansas football game, the Nebraska Athletic Department also announced that the NU women's basketball team will take on Vermont in an 11:35 a.m. game at the Bob Devaney Sports Center on Nov. 13.

SCREW YOU BIG 12-2!!!! I will not pay....NOT AGAIN!

:throwdabones1: :throwdabones1:

Nebraska doesn't share revenues from PPV so the net profit goes to the bottom line of our athletic budget. PPV last year was a pretty good percentage of our overall tv income. PPV serves two purposes and the other one is to make the game available to fans that can't score tickets.

I like to go to the Old Mattress Factory in Omaha for PPV games I don't have tickets for. Not intentionally a plug, it's just a good place to watch the games because it's on every TV there and it's always filled with Husker fans. I'm not tolerant enough to watch games with other fan bases.

Good luck getting people to give up $39.95 for the Nebraska vs Kansas game. I think a lot of people will be watching it at the bar. The bars will be making a lot of money from the game at least. Just think, Omaha with their "entertainment tax" could make a bundle too.

It's not exactly cheap for the bars to pick up. For sale to businesses, Cablevision here in St. Joseph, MO charges up to $500 per game! From what I understand, that's pretty much the rate everywhere. That basically means that the bar has to do $1,000 in business just to break even...so it's not really the bonanza for bars that people think. On that note though, here in St. Joseph, Legends Sports Bar carries all the NU games (including the PPVs, as a mgr. here I've got a little pull). For anyone in the area or on their way to KC for anything be sure and stop by. There will probably be anywhere from 60-80 or more other Huskers here. Legends is at 210 N Belt Hwy., part of The Belt Sports Complex, just a minute off the Frederick Blvd. exit.

Good luck getting people to give up $39.95 for the Nebraska vs Kansas game. I think a lot of people will be watching it at the bar. The bars will be making a lot of money from the game at least. Just think, Omaha with their "entertainment tax" could make a bundle too.

It's not exactly cheap for the bars to pick up. For sale to businesses, Cablevision here in St. Joseph, MO charges up to $500 per game! From what I understand, that's pretty much the rate everywhere. That basically means that the bar has to do $1,000 in business just to break even...so it's not really the bonanza for bars that people think. On that note though, here in St. Joseph, Legends Sports Bar carries all the NU games (including the PPVs, as a mgr. here I've got a little pull). For anyone in the area or on their way to KC for anything be sure and stop by. There will probably be anywhere from 60-80 or more other Huskers here. Legends is at 210 N Belt Hwy., part of The Belt Sports Complex, just a minute off the Frederick Blvd. exit.

:yeah

Corner bar that I go to has indicated Cox charges $500. His bar only holds 75 people....and pays the same price as say Brewskys.

He has indicated that the Big 10 Network is tiered and charged according to size of establishment. He will be getting a much better deal with the Big 10 Network.