This is a joke...right?

Beebe just got signed to an extension with the Big XII through 2015. In the article by the KC Star, Brady Deaton has a couple quotes about his appreciation for Beebe's work. Apparently Deaton wants people to forget that Mizzou was ready to jump ship before anyone. Hey Big XII--good luck finding that extra television revenue.

Linky

I love how the rest of the B12 believes in Dan Beebe and the MTC (Mythical Television Contract) I am sure the only reason he got an extension is because Texas threatened to leave the conference if a new commissioner were chosen.

Beebe just got signed to an extension with the Big XII through 2015. In the article by the KC Star, Brady Deaton has a couple quotes about his appreciation for Beebe's work. Apparently Deaton wants people to forget that Mizzou was ready to jump ship before anyone. Hey Big XII--good luck finding that extra television revenue.

Linky

I love how the rest of the B12 believes in Dan Beebe and the MTC (Mythical Television Contract) I am sure the only reason he got an extension is because Texas threatened to leave the conference if a new commissioner were chosen.

to be fair, how would it look if they did not extend his contract? the big 12 is fragile and they need to keep up appearances. they want people to believe everything is under control, the league is strong, and beebe is doing everything they need him to do and is exceeding expectations. a 'nothing to see here, everything is all right', approach.

• Fire 1

Linky

to be fair, how would it look if they did not extend his contract? the big 12 is fragile and they need to keep up appearances. they want people to believe everything is under control, the league is strong, and beebe is doing everything they need him to do and is exceeding expectations. a 'nothing to see here, everything is all right', approach.

True enough, but that kind of inaction is what ultimately leads to worse problems. Its like living a lie, eventually it will catch up with you. Better off for the B12 to cut him now, rather than ride his trailer down the mountain. What do i really care though, we are moving on to a better place and i will laugh when this conference implodes due to incompentance.

• Fire 1

Linky

True enough, but that kind of inaction is what ultimately leads to worse problems. Its like living a lie, eventually it will catch up with you. Better off for the B12 to cut him now, rather than ride his trailer down the mountain. What do i really care though, we are moving on to a better place and i will laugh when this conference implodes due to incompentance.

i am not defending them, just providing their perspective. this is why the big 12 and texas is bad. it is all about posturing and politics, much like the soviet union. if they just did the right thing, they might be able to actually save the conference and make it stronger. they are too stubborn and proud. they have refused to be proactive and forward thinking this whole time and always defer to the path of least resist, ignoring the short-term and long-term ramifications, and in the end they have created much greater challenges to face in the future.

the big 10, on the other hand, has made the tough decisions and it will pay dividends in the future.

the writing is on the wall, expansion is real, and the lessons of the swc have been forgotten.

The Big 12 was never a good fit for Nebraska. The conference as a whole sucks. There are only 3 good teams to begin with and 9 teams who are not good year in and year out. Everyone saw how weak the Big 12 was when we sucked. Dan Beebe is the problem but they won't do anything about that. serves them right.

The Big 12 was never a good fit for Nebraska. The conference as a whole sucks. There are only 3 good teams to begin with and 9 teams who are not good year in and year out. Everyone saw how weak the Big 12 was when we sucked. Dan Beebe is the problem but they won't do anything about that. serves them right.

Texas, Oklahoma....sorry, who's the third team that's good year in and year out?

Texas, Oklahoma....sorry, who's the third team that's good year in and year out?

Nebraska when we don't have idiots running the program.