Put away hopes of NC

WYHusk

honestly, i am the biggest sunshine pumper, i gotta pocket full of sunshine. and i do not think we deserve to play in the mnc. we deserve a bcs bowl game, so lets get there.

also, i would not mind seeing tcu winning it all. bcs chaos, and i think tcu deserves, more than bsu (bsu just annoys me for some reason).

• Fire 1

I am not putting hopes of a National Championship away, and I don't think the Oklahoma loss was the nail in the coffin by any means. If Oklahoma State wins out, I think they will rise close in the poll just as much as a one-loss Oklahoma would have. Ultimately, we still need the undefeated teams to lose a game, and I don't think that's impossible. There's so much more football left to be played.

Mizzou loses, OU loses, KSU kills TXass; our best scenario is now a rematch with OSU in the title game. Meanwhile, Oregon, TCU, Boise and Auburn - and probably LSU, who will likely jump us in the BCS - 3 or 4 of them have to lose for us to even advance to the title game.

I'm all for the win but going to OT with IaSt is gonna kill us in the BCS rankings.

Well, whatever. If we take the Big 12 on the way out the door, I'll take it. All the bowl projections have us playing a Big East patsy too ... :corndance :corndance :corndance

Too bad, though. This was really our year. With the absolutely brutal Big 10 schedule we've got the next couple years, it may be a few years before the stars line up again like they would have this year.

I disagree. To be honest with you, I think what happened to other teams besides us helped us more than they hurt us.

I don't agree or disagree but I'm curious to hear why. Explain.

Yes, explain. I don't see how we were much helped today ...

I had this all up on my whiteboard in my living room when the guys were over. If I can remember it all, here it goes:

TCU-Utah- I don't see this helping TCU as much as people may think. They still did not beat a "big-boy" rather an over-sized child.

Bama-LSU-Auburn:

We can basically eliminate Bama after this week.

I do believe that Saban can beat Auburn giving them one loss.

LSU has a loss and still has to beat Arkansas at Arkansas and Ole Miss. I can see them dropping one of those games giving them two losses. If LSU does not manage to win the SEC you can basically throw them out of the title hunt IMO anyways. Unless they hang around with one loss and South Carolina wins the SEC.

Auburn-They have to play Bama who can beat them, and the winner of the west which will more than likely be South Carolina who they have already played IIRC. We all know just how tough beating a team twice in one year can be.

I really feel confident that Bama will beat Auburn. So that leaves a log jam of one loss teams at the top of the BCS at the end of the year. Beating Auburn will not vault Bama into the CCG or the MNC because they have two losses. LSU is in about the same spot that we are. Outside looking in but definately not out of it.

But none of the above means anything if we don't win out.

That is why I definately believe that Bama losing helps us a lot more than it hurt us.

TCU will easily make the national title if Auburn or Oregon loses. No one-loss will come close to them. They already have a .91 in the computers, that will go up after today, plus they'll get a lot more votes in the human polls.

I disagree. To be honest with you, I think what happened to other teams besides us helped us more than they hurt us.

I had this all up on my whiteboard in my living room when the guys were over. If I can remember it all, here it goes:

TCU-Utah- I don't see this helping TCU as much as people may think. They still did not beat a "big-boy" rather an over-sized child.

Bama-LSU-Auburn:

LSU has a loss and still has to beat Arkansas at Arkansas and Ole Miss. I can see them dropping one of those games giving them two losses. If LSU does not manage to win the SEC you can basically throw them out of the title hunt IMO anyways. Unless they hang around with one loss and South Carolina wins the SEC.

Auburn-They have to play Bama who can beat them, and the winner of the west which will more than likely be South Carolina who they have already played IIRC. We all know just how tough beating a team twice in one year can be.

I really feel confident that Bama will beat Auburn. So that leaves a log jam of one loss teams at the top of the BCS at the end of the year. Beating Auburn will not vault Bama into the CCG or the MNC because they have two losses. LSU is in about the same spot that we are. Outside looking in but definately not out of it.

That is why I definately believe that Bama losing helps us a lot more than it hurt us.

TCU will easily make the national title if Auburn or Oregon loses. No one-loss will come close to them. They already have a .91 in the computers, that will go up after today, plus they'll get a lot more votes in the human polls.

and they do deserve it. if you ask me, which no one has yet.

The events that occurred today definitely helped us. LSU beating Alabama helped SO much. here's what we need now:

1. LSU loses to Arkansas in last week (likely)

2. Auburn loses to Alabama in last week (likely)

3. Auburn loses SEC Champ game likely to South Carolina (very possible)

4. Ohio State loses to Iowa or Michigan (could happen)

5. We stay ahead of one-loss Wisconsin, Boise, TCU (remember having a Big XII Championship game is a huge advantage for us)

If all 5 of these happen and we win out we make it to the National Championship vs. Oregon. It's obviously not very likely that ALL of these happen.. but they could.

I wouldnt wanna play in a bowl game not with bo as the coach the hell with that. That texas game was a damn shame look what k state did to em 2night. I think bo gave texas the game thats what i think Im done with husker football for awhile bo really let me down 2night. That game we played wasnt a game it was fixxed I think neways u dont believe me watch when niles fumbles the ball and watch it in slow motion.

I wouldnt wanna play in a bowl game not with bo as the coach the hell with that. That texas game was a damn shame look what k state did to em 2night. I think bo gave texas the game thats what i think Im done with husker football for awhile bo really let me down 2night. That game we played wasnt a game it was fixxed I think neways u dont believe me watch when niles fumbles the ball and watch it in slow motion.

umm..... are you high?

The events that occurred today definitely helped us. LSU beating Alabama helped SO much. here's what we need now:

1. LSU loses to Arkansas in last week (likely)

2. Auburn loses to Alabama in last week (likely)

3. Auburn loses SEC Champ game likely to South Carolina (very possible)

4. Ohio State loses to Iowa or Michigan (could happen)

5. We stay ahead of one-loss Wisconsin, Boise, TCU (remember having a Big XII Championship game is a huge advantage for us)

If all 5 of these happen and we win out we make it to the National Championship vs. Oregon. It's obviously not very likely that ALL of these happen.. but they could.

"Stay ahead" of TCU and Boise? How do we stay ahead of them if we are already several spots behind them? I'll say it again, a one-loss team has no chance of jumping an unbeaten TCU. Either TCU gets upset by SDSU, or BOTH Auburn and Oregon lose, or the one-loss teams are outta luck.

Bama-LSU-Auburn:

This all sounds familiar to me haha. But really OU losing is a bummer because beating a one loss OU team in the CCG while most other teams rest would have helped us greatly come selection sunday or whatever they call it. Right now we just have to keep on winning and pray we get all the help we need. After losing to Texas we knew we were a long shot to play for and MNC so we just need to take care of business now to not only throw it in the face of the Big 12 but also to make a statement to the Big 10. As tough as our schedule is next year, if we are a good enough football team to win, we will win. I doubt that fact that we have a lot of tough games on the schedule will make the players content just to take a few. I don't buy into the idea that our Big 10 hazing makes us a lame duck for the next 2 years.

With a healthy Tmart we "can" play with anybody. But even with him, our offense is hit & miss.

This year's offense with last year's defense would have been the real deal. Otoh, this year's defense with last year's offense would have struggled mightily.

Overall, we're better than last year for sure. Just not ALL the way back yet.

People are so concerned over whether or not we CAN go to the championship that they're not focusing on whether or not we SHOULD go to the championship. We are not a championship caliber team. I don't know when you all will realize that if today didn't show you.

Granted, we may not be a MNC team, but there is still a lot of football left to be played. Many people earlier in the year thought Alabama was unstoppable and look were they are at. We are still only a one loss team and in the Top 10. With only being not quite three full season's into Bo's tenure, I'll take it.

Hey, we won today with a running back playing quarterback almost half of the game. What more do you guys want?

National Championship? We have no shot at that, we are to far behind. The Big 12 Championship is my goal and the only goal. Ore., TCU, Boise and maybe Auburn will all be undefeated, we have no chance so let it go dudes. As for next yr., we have a shot but thats a ways off. WIN THE BIG 12, WAVE THE TROPHY IN EVERYBODY'S FACE AND SLAM THE DOOR ON THE LITTLE TEN. It will be gone in 2 yrs. with Texas screwing the other teams over already. :restore