Who is Who In The Big !2 North

Armistead

Can we see a trend?

The Buffs are the most complete team in the North.......I like the gutsy play of Klatt and Barnett can flatout coach....They have question all over but name me a team who doesn't . The Buffs Kicker is a real weapon that will win them 2 to three games this year...I really hope they have some injuries or the Huskers will have to just get better than them, I can see the Buffs winning this league.The whole thing

Nebraska may have more talent than CU, albeit very young. BC has his hands full the next three weeks...Pitt, ISU and Texas Tech....I have no doubts about wins over Pitt and ISU but I can't say the same for Texas Tech....The Offense will click agin Pitt and the Clones will have very little luck moving the bal agin Nebraska...if ISU was at home then I might give them the edge, but on the road in this conference Kills everyone......Huskers are 6-1 when OU comes calling

I can't see how ISU will move the Ball on Nebraska at home and the Iowa win was nice but those wins have meant little for ISU in the past.The Clones have never been able to hit paydirt after big wins over Iowa because they usually beat bad Iowa teams and this year is no exception.

KSU will get better,but there O-line is really thin and the defense is not what they have had over the years, Snyder's poor attitude and the constant drain of good assistant coaches as well as the poor recruiting have left the program scrambling for depth at almost every position......this is the Little Big Horn for Snyder....he has been an ass to everyone for years and the Media around K C and Manhattan will hound him to death when KSU crumbles.

Missery....MIZ>>>>ZOU.......What a mess, they got no O-line.....They got no D-line and they are the worst punting team in the Big 12......these guys should go on 4th down everytime....thats no Joke....Take alook at the punting game over the last 3 years......Pinkle has done nothing to make Mizzou a winner, in fact Larry Smith won more games and had more bowl games in less time...this team will fall apart after a couple more losses....I would not be surprised if Pinkle is fired or resigns mid season.

KU.....The QB spot is worse than NU and I mean it is worse than 3 years ago when Widdimore went down and they brought in Barman...The defense is giving up more yards and points than last years gang and Mangino is tearing every redshirt off any kid who looks to be able to help him agin teams like FLA International....This is a program doomed to repeat it's checkered past...The very Idea that you can Hire a guy who weighs 500 pounds to instill dicipline and a strong work ethic into a program is a joke...H A HAHAHAHAHa

KU.....The QB spot is worse than NU and I mean it is worse than 3 years ago when Widdimore went down and they brought in Barman...The defense is giving up more yards and points than last years gang and Mangino is tearing every redshirt off any kid who looks to be able to help him agin teams like FLA International....This is a program doomed to repeat it's checkered past...The very Idea that you can Hire a guy who weighs 500 pounds to instill dicipline and a strong work ethic into a program is a joke...H A HAHAHAHAHa

What?! What about Ralph Friedgen(Maryland) and Andy Reid (Eagles). Those are just two examples of coaches who instill discipline and integrity in their programs and who also happen to be overweight.

Definitely agree with you Armisted. Your analysis of the North is spot on I think. Though, not to be too overly optimistic, think that we will improve enough to win the North outright. The way CU played against CSU left alot to be desired. And you're right, ISU wins over Iowa generally don't mean much. Kstate, KU, Mizzou, all look terrible. I'd say at the end of the regular season, we'll have a 2 game (overall schedule) lead over either CU or ISU in the north.

EDIT: To clarify, I think we will go 5-0 in the north, with a nice revenge game against CU at the end of the season.

What?! What about Ralph Friedgen(Maryland) and Andy Reid (Eagles). Those are just two examples of coaches who instill discipline and integrity in their programs and who also happen to be overweight.

There is always an exception to every rule....and I have yet to see Maryland do anything special, By Husker standards anyway......thanx

I have no doubts about wins over Pitt and ISU but I can't say the same for Texas Tech

Umm...that's all fine and dandy...but I wouldn't ring ISU up yet. WAY too early for that, ya think???

I'll feel a little better when our OFFENSE can start producing consistently...otherwise, no matter how good our D produces, all bets are off on ANY game.

I also agree that ISU will be a tough game for NU. Once we start over-looking teams, it leads to NU getting beat pretty bad. I do think that we will take it to the Buffs this year. Looking what they did against CSU and then what happened to CSU the following week against the Gophers makes me feel better that NU will win to take the crown at the end of the season.

I watched the CU/CSU game all the way through, and when thinking of our game againstthem 3 things scare me; Hugh Charles, their defensive line, and Klatt if he gets in a rythym against our secondary.

Charles is probably the easiest to stop at this point of those three, but any back with that kind of speed scares me. As bad as our O-line is performing right now, and I stress right now, I don't think we can stand up to the pass rush I saw out of Colorado in that game.

• 2 weeks later...

What have we learned?...........I can say without a doubt that the current Power Rankings are as fallows and they are not in dispute...............

1) Colorado has done nothing to lead me to believe that they are not the most complete team in the North

2) Nebraska is 3 and 0 . The Huskers have shown big time improvement in Specials Teams and Defense . The Idea that the Blackshirts would be better after losing player to the NFL should not be a surprise...This unit is faster and the D-line controls the center of the field....The Offense has been Lackluster and that remains a concern, but I see them winning the next two games with tough Defense and solid kicking game.

3) KSU.....They can put points up agin N. Texas( a horrible team), but they seem to have trouble with teams that have D-1 talent. I only put them ahead of Mizzou because they have a little better Coaching Staff, and thats sad because Snyder is an a-hole who has alienated every former coach.They have serious weaknesses on both the Offensive and Defensive lines.

4)Kansas seems to be a decent club until you look agin...it's like peeling an onion...the more you look the more you want to cry...Fat Man-Gino is no real long term answer . He has no QB and his defense has been used up by some pretty sorry schools....not good

5)Mizzou won and everyone in Columbia has put the knives back in the drawer....Don't look now but the Tigers are goin to be blown away by ...say....60 points when Texas comes to town...The Tigers's D-Line is horrible...and I mean Horrible.....they have lost thru attrition and various unfortunate events most of their decent young LB's and there is no help for this Unit when you think maybe the Offense can control the football and keep Texas from running up the score...NO SUCH LUCK....This game is a laugher in a hurry.

6) Don't get me wrong Isu may not be the worst team in the North but they are in the bottom half.....Did anyone see the Army game?......Meyer will thro 3 INT's and he will be sacked 7 times...He is a poor mans' Tommie Frazier...and when I say poor, I mean friggin broke...no Caesh....NO CAESH at all.....ISU looked very slow and their D-line wore down as the game wore on....Baylor would have beat them.....the only thing that saved them was that were playing Army instead of Navy cuz Navy would have used them

Huskers will Roll the Clones and move into the top25

6.) Don't get me wrong Isu may not be the worst team in the North but they are in the bottom half.....Did anyone see the Army game?......Meyer will thro 3 INT's and he will be sacked 7 times...He is a poor mans' Tommie Frazier...and when I say poor, I mean friggin broke...no Caesh....NO CAESH at all.....ISU looked very slow and their D-line wore down as the game wore on....Baylor would have beat them.....the only thing that saved them was that were playing Army instead of Navy cuz Navy would have used them

Huskers will Roll the Clones and move into the top25

ISU fans seem to disagree with you. Here is what they are rambling about on one of their message boards:

CycloneReport

You better find some corners before Saturday because I'm just guessing that Cotton still thinks your corners aren't very good. ISU will run some, but that will not be the game plan. If it is, it would be a huge mistake. Not because of the grayshirts, but because of ISU's lack of ability in that area.

Be prepared for four to five wides and Meyer in the shotgun. Your "great" linebackers will have to either cover or you will have to bring in some cover people.

I think Nebraska's secondary is in for one long day. Meyer is a hell of a lot better than Palko (i mean powlus-overated).

Let us compare Palko and Meyer:

Palko: 2004 season... 3,067 yards, 24 TDs and seven INTs...24 TD passes led the Big East and are the third-highest single-season total in Pitt history...season passing yardage is the most ever for a sophomore and third best overall at Pitt/ had four 300-yard passing games and one 400-yard passing game

Meyer: 2004 season ... 10 TD passes with only six interceptions ... his 1,926 passing yards is the 10th-best single-season passing total in ISU history, bettering Sage Rosenfels' 1,781-yard season in 1999 ... team's second-leading rusher, netting 331 yards on 144 carries and two TDs ...