Whoever Makes the Fiesta Bowl Will Blow Pitt Out!

The RANT

3) Teams who complain about drawing a bowl opponent so far beneath them often lose to that team.

Yes just ask Mizzou(navy'09) and Alabama(Utah'08).

To me it doesnt matter who we play in the bowl game. One of teams goals was to get to a BCS bowl, nobody should be complaining about that, pathetic.

3) Teams who complain about drawing a bowl opponent so far beneath them often lose to that team.

Yes just ask Mizzou(navy'09) and Alabama(Utah'08).

To me it doesnt matter who we play in the bowl game. One of teams goals was to get to a BCS bowl, nobody should be complaining about that, pathetic.

Throw Boomer in that grouping as well, thanks Boise look at the mess you've now created for all of us to mire in.

I was at that game. My first UConn game, it was sort of interesting. As for Pitt, the QB could not hit an open WR most of the game to save his life. They ran the ball well and their defense was mediocre, but it was hard to watch guys that open and they couldn't get a pass. The QB even had some time.... It was a fun game though. The Huskers would kill either one of those teams though. I think KU would give both of those teams a game, actually, althought this year I am not predicting we beat anyone for obvious reasons.

Interesting write up in the World-Herald.

bilde1z.jpg

EIGHT-TEAM COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYOFF

Playoff seeds were determined by using this week's Bowl Championship Series rankings.

Published Friday November 12, 2010

Playoffs? NU would be in postseason bracket mix

By Rich Kaipust

WORLD-HERALD BUREAU

LINCOLN — The wolves always seem lined up at the door and the critics cry to be heard, especially when it's mid-November and four undefeated teams remain in college football.

Some people want a playoff. Some have a book called "Death to the BCS" on the shelves. Some are OK with how it is.

Others just want to take a sledgehammer to the nearest computer.

Nebraska receiver Brandon Kinnie wrote a three-page paper not long ago on what a college football playoff might be like and compared it with the current BCS system. It argued the pros and cons of each, without taking a side.

Got him a good grade, as he recalls.

"The teacher liked it," Kinnie said, smiling.

Now the subject has come full circle for Kinnie. The opinions of the junior and his Husker teammates become relevant as Nebraska sits at No. 8 in the Bowl Championship Series standings heading into a 6 p.m. game Saturday with Kansas.

The Huskers can hang around, maybe even move up, if they can win out in the regular season and then claim a Big 12 championship in Arlington, Texas.

"I have no say," Kinnie said. "We're playing football now and we're in this system now, so that's how it is."

The best part for Nebraska (8-1, 4-1 Big 12) is that a BCS discussion actually includes the Huskers this late in a season for the first time since 2001. To fifth-year senior Pierre Allen, right now that's more important than whether you're for a playoff or keeping the bowl system.

"It's definitely nice to be in the conversation and know that you're at the top," Allen said. "Being at the top is always good. The top is definitely better than the bottom, and I've been at the bottom here before."

Allen is one of those who appreciate the bowl games, calling them "amazing" for players. NU sophomore quarterback Cody Green likes the idea of a playoff, maybe eight teams, and he isn't just saying it because the Huskers are right there coming down the stretch.

"It's just because you get to see teams matched up with other teams that they normally wouldn't be," Green said. "Like you would see the Utahs and Boise States meet up with the Nebraskas and Floridas and Alabamas.

"I'd really like to see a playoff thing, like they have in high school and like they have in the NFL."

If such a thing were in place, Nebraska would be fighting for its playoff life. The list of one-loss teams includes LSU, Stanford and Wisconsin ahead of the Huskers, with Ohio State, Oklahoma State and Michigan State right behind.

You could delve into points and BCS averages, but, really, who knows how that all works?

"No, I don't," Allen said. "Sometimes I wonder why we would drop so low after our loss or why we dropped after a win. So I really don't understand it at all."

Easiest to understand is that Nebraska would be Fiesta Bowl-bound if it wins the Big 12 championship, barring some crazy or unanticipated events. If it hangs on to win the North Division but loses in the Big 12 title game, the Cotton Bowl would be a strong possibility.

With three regular-season games left, starting against Kansas (3-6, 1-4), Allen said it's best to follow NU coach Bo Pelini's advice and not worry about anything but the next task at hand.

That wasn't part of Kinnie's paper, but he agrees with Allen that it's the right way to go.

"I just play football, I guess, and let things go how they fall," Kinnie said. "This system …. I just see where we're ranked every week on the little show Sunday, but that's about it."

Interesting write up in the World-Herald.

bilde1z.jpg

EIGHT-TEAM COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYOFF

Playoff seeds were determined by using this week's Bowl Championship Series rankings.

Published Friday November 12, 2010

Playoffs? NU would be in postseason bracket mix

By Rich Kaipust

WORLD-HERALD BUREAU

LINCOLN — The wolves always seem lined up at the door and the critics cry to be heard, especially when it's mid-November and four undefeated teams remain in college football.

Some people want a playoff. Some have a book called "Death to the BCS" on the shelves. Some are OK with how it is.

Others just want to take a sledgehammer to the nearest computer.

Nebraska receiver Brandon Kinnie wrote a three-page paper not long ago on what a college football playoff might be like and compared it with the current BCS system. It argued the pros and cons of each, without taking a side.

Got him a good grade, as he recalls.

"The teacher liked it," Kinnie said, smiling.

Now the subject has come full circle for Kinnie. The opinions of the junior and his Husker teammates become relevant as Nebraska sits at No. 8 in the Bowl Championship Series standings heading into a 6 p.m. game Saturday with Kansas.

The Huskers can hang around, maybe even move up, if they can win out in the regular season and then claim a Big 12 championship in Arlington, Texas.

"I have no say," Kinnie said. "We're playing football now and we're in this system now, so that's how it is."

The best part for Nebraska (8-1, 4-1 Big 12) is that a BCS discussion actually includes the Huskers this late in a season for the first time since 2001. To fifth-year senior Pierre Allen, right now that's more important than whether you're for a playoff or keeping the bowl system.

"It's definitely nice to be in the conversation and know that you're at the top," Allen said. "Being at the top is always good. The top is definitely better than the bottom, and I've been at the bottom here before."

Allen is one of those who appreciate the bowl games, calling them "amazing" for players. NU sophomore quarterback Cody Green likes the idea of a playoff, maybe eight teams, and he isn't just saying it because the Huskers are right there coming down the stretch.

"It's just because you get to see teams matched up with other teams that they normally wouldn't be," Green said. "Like you would see the Utahs and Boise States meet up with the Nebraskas and Floridas and Alabamas.

"I'd really like to see a playoff thing, like they have in high school and like they have in the NFL."

If such a thing were in place, Nebraska would be fighting for its playoff life. The list of one-loss teams includes LSU, Stanford and Wisconsin ahead of the Huskers, with Ohio State, Oklahoma State and Michigan State right behind.

You could delve into points and BCS averages, but, really, who knows how that all works?

"No, I don't," Allen said. "Sometimes I wonder why we would drop so low after our loss or why we dropped after a win. So I really don't understand it at all."

Easiest to understand is that Nebraska would be Fiesta Bowl-bound if it wins the Big 12 championship, barring some crazy or unanticipated events. If it hangs on to win the North Division but loses in the Big 12 title game, the Cotton Bowl would be a strong possibility.

With three regular-season games left, starting against Kansas (3-6, 1-4), Allen said it's best to follow NU coach Bo Pelini's advice and not worry about anything but the next task at hand.

That wasn't part of Kinnie's paper, but he agrees with Allen that it's the right way to go.

"I just play football, I guess, and let things go how they fall," Kinnie said. "This system …. I just see where we're ranked every week on the little show Sunday, but that's about it."

I think an 8 team playoff like that would be sweet.