Whoever Makes the Fiesta Bowl Will Blow Pitt Out!

The RANT

There are going to be a lot of upset fans of one or two loss teams if an AT BEST four loss Pitt makes it to a BCS game. Pitt/Syracuse have a legitimate chance at making a BCS game with five losses while unranked and that's just dumb. Is it even possible that the BCS buys out the Big East champ so they can pick up a decent team? Last night was the only game this year that I've seen Pitt play but they looked slow and not very good. They would probably be the ninth or tenth best team in the Big 12 but maybe they had a bad night.

People are already mad that an undefeated Boise may get left out of the MNC game but getting left out of the BCS party all-together is a pretty big kick in the nuts. Stanford should be pissed as well.

I would love to play Pitt if that means we are in the Fiesta Bowl. We thought we wanted revenge against Texas for some of the stuff that went on. Playing Pitt would give us a chance for some revenge on a personal level. Revenge against the guy that almost took down the whole program.

Lots of 'ball to be played though before we even think about a BCS bowl.

I still think a deal was made last year by the Fiesta bowl to unofficially move up in the pick order this year when they jumped on the grenade and took both TCU and BSU. Don't be surprised to see the Orange Bowl stuck with the Big East champion this year in exchange for getting Iowa instead of a non-AQ team last year.

I don't understand the automatic bids, Why not just take the top 8 teams?

Because the BCS decided that the big conferences should be given automatic qualifiers. Besides, if you take the top 8 teams and put them into BCS games, then you may as well make those into play-off games, and obviously the BCS can't have that!

Ive never understood the auto qualifers, I know that its based on money but it should be the 10 best teams. Other than Louisville in 2007 I cant think of a big east team that won a bcs game.

I was intrigued by this and had to look it up. After Miami joined the ACC you'll notice a huge difference.

09/10: #5 Florida 51, #3 Cincinnati 24

08/09: #19 Virginia Tech 20, #12 Cincinnati 7

07/08: #9 West Virginia 48, #4 Oklahoma 28

06/07: #6 Louisville 24, #14 Wake Forest 13

05/06: #11 West Virginia 38, #7 Georgia 35

04/05: #6 Utah 35, #21 Pittsburgh 7

03/04: #9 Miami 16, #7 Florida State 14

02/03: #2 Ohio State 31, #1 Miami 24

01/02: #1 Miami 37 . . . umm, I forget the other team that was in this. chuckleshuffle

00/01: #3 Miami 37, #7 Florida 20

99/00: #1 Florida State 46, #2 Virginia Tech 29 (Virginia Tech was a Big East team at this time)

98/99: #8 Florida 31, #15 Syracuse 10

Big East is 6-6 all time, if I can count.

This really sucks first off, but i think Syracuse will win the big east, all they have left for conference games are rutgers and uconn, if they win those 2 they will be 5-2 in the confernce, pitt on the other hand has 3 games left against south florida, west virginia, and cincy, there is NO WAY they win all of those, i think they will go 1-2 in that stretch and finish 4-3 in the conference, and cuse has a one up on west va and cincy in case of a tie, bring on the orange!! 45-3 Huskers!!

This really sucks first off, but i think Syracuse will win the big east, all they have left for conference games are rutgers and uconn, if they win those 2 they will be 5-2 in the confernce, pitt on the other hand has 3 games left against south florida, west virginia, and cincy, there is NO WAY they win all of those, i think they will go 1-2 in that stretch and finish 4-3 in the conference, and cuse has a one up on west va and cincy in case of a tie, bring on the orange!! 45-3 Huskers!!

Syracuse is nice feel good story for them as stuggled ever since McNabb graduated. I hope they make the fiesta bowl, but against Nebraska they are gonna get stomped. I believe Washington beat them the week before the Huskers visit to Seattle.

I like Pelini with a month to prepare in any bowl game.

Just a couple things to remember should we play Pitt:

1) Remember how well the revenge factor worked for us against Texas?

2) Pitt is probably still better than South Dakota State.

3) Teams who complain about drawing a bowl opponent so far beneath them often lose to that team.