flat

Karsaire

I'll start by sayin nice game niles paul. He really stepped up on more than a couple occasions. Good hands. *knocks on wood*

however, we are yet again flat coming out of the gate. Defense sleeps on kick off, and the offense seems nothin doing for 3.5 quarters.

defense lights out though. Way to get in the back field. Only watched it on tv but crowd seemed flat too.

Why aren't we showing up?

We haven't been the most inspiring team in the nation lately, seeming kind of out of sorts on Offense since the K-State game. But we have continued to pile up the W's. All in all, I'll gladly take it. The D continues to be pretty amazing. If we could just get the offense to play up to their potential on a weekly basis, we'd be challenging for the MNC. I'll gladly settle for the CC and Fiesta Bowl of course... Should be an interesting ride.

It wasn't necessarily predictable. I think the execution and the determination just wasn't there today. Kansas has a terrible rush defense, yet we still had very little success running the football against them. Kansas's defensive line was pushing our offensive line around a bit and they were shooting through our running lanes forcing us to run laterally rather than vertically.

I'd also like to know where our option game is at right now. The zone read option is one thing, but I'm curious where the the traditional option is. Every time we've used it this year it's given us fairly substantial gains.

This team plays to their competition. Made for a boring game tonight, and doesn't help us with the pollsters, but I believe we can play with anybody. We'll rise to the challenge at A&M, stoop down to CU's level for one game and finish strong in the CCG.

+1

The O lacked heart tonight. They've lacked heart a lot of times this year. Not sure why this is, who to blame it on.

So we're having a good year. But not a NC championship year. And this may very well be why.