Believe it or Not

HUSKERCR

Overall as a fan I like to complain about refs but I don't know abut the conspiracy thing. I will say suspending Martin was an over reaction probable due to that at the time 1)TV Announcers, 2)The NFL, and 3)B12 Husker Haters. Last night 'Quizz at Oregon State was tackled and run so far out of bounds that he hit a camera person who was on the track when he was tacked, helmet to helmet or not that if the league wants to read minds that's the kind of thing that could also Merritt an ejection. To me on the field live play action suspensions should not happen because the league tries to get in the mind reading business and they come off looking like they are bias fools.

To be fair, I also saw the refs keep the clock running late in the game (to the Husker's advantage)

after Burkhead was run out of bounds.

Total incompetence on a no-brainer call.

Actually that was the correct call. His forward progress had been stopped and he had been driven pretty much parallel from the numbers out of bounds, the ref just didn't blow the whistle right away.

As for this article I think its crap! The only solid argument is the paragraph about Eric Martin's hit. It feels like this guy is stretching the truth to slant his article, the only accusations about an illegal hit by Osborne were by opposing fans and the announcer who's name shall not be mentioned not the officials as the article may insinuate. Although no apology is odd since it was obviously the wrong call on the fumble. The Helu fumble all I can say is I hope the umpire saw what he called, because he is the only person other than Roy who actually MAY have had a clean view. While the face mask on Burkhead was clearly illegal and should easily warrant at least some type of punishment, if you watch the replay no single official on the field could have seen the face mask. If anyone is to blame for this one it’s Cody Green for blocking the line judge’s view who then threw the flag for Legate’s reaction. The face mask last night was pretty questionable it was hard to tell by the single replay I saw but I’m not sure if he even grabbed it, but the tackle most defiantly was not aided by it. And the holding on Crick’s sack should have drawn a flag, but if you watch the officials tendancies over the past few years they seem to never throw a flag for holding if a sack occurs pretty quickly after the foul no matter how flagrant it is. Maybe they become to concerned with the qb’s safety to pay attention at that point.

I actually thought the Kansas game was well officiated by big 12 standards. That doesn’t mean that there weren’t A LOT of missed calls, but that’s been the norm for the past few years no matter what teams are playing. To me it doesn’t seem like the on field crews have that much against us, if you notice they let quite a few of our more obvious pass interference calls go. But when you take a look at some of the calls from the replay booth and the decisions by the office that’s where things get fishy.

To be fair, I also saw the refs keep the clock running late in the game (to the Husker's advantage)

after Burkhead was run out of bounds.

Total incompetence on a no-brainer call.

Actually that was the correct call. His forward progress had been stopped and he had been driven pretty much parallel from the numbers out of bounds, the ref just didn't blow the whistle right away.

As for this article I think its crap! The only solid argument is the paragraph about Eric Martin's hit. It feels like this guy is stretching the truth to slant his article, the only accusations about an illegal hit by Osborne were by opposing fans and the announcer who's name shall not be mentioned not the officials as the article may insinuate. Although no apology is odd since it was obviously the wrong call on the fumble. The Helu fumble all I can say is I hope the umpire saw what he called, because he is the only person other than Roy who actually MAY have had a clean view. While the face mask on Burkhead was clearly illegal and should easily warrant at least some type of punishment, if you watch the replay no single official on the field could have seen the face mask. If anyone is to blame for this one it’s Cody Green for blocking the line judge’s view who then threw the flag for Legate’s reaction. The face mask last night was pretty questionable it was hard to tell by the single replay I saw but I’m not sure if he even grabbed it, but the tackle most defiantly was not aided by it. And the holding on Crick’s sack should have drawn a flag, but if you watch the officials tendancies over the past few years they seem to never throw a flag for holding if a sack occurs pretty quickly after the foul no matter how flagrant it is. Maybe they become to concerned with the qb’s safety to pay attention at that point.

I actually thought the Kansas game was well officiated by big 12 standards. That doesn’t mean that there weren’t A LOT of missed calls, but that’s been the norm for the past few years no matter what teams are playing. To me it doesn’t seem like the on field crews have that much against us, if you notice they let quite a few of our more obvious pass interference calls go. But when you take a look at some of the calls from the replay booth and the decisions by the office that’s where things get fishy.

"Actually that was the correct call. His forward progress had been stopped and he had been driven pretty much parallel from the numbers out of bounds, the ref just didn't blow the whistle right away".

LOL!!!!

If you bent over backwards any more to justify a bad call you'd hurt your back.

Your post justifies my far end of the normal distribution estimates.

I suggest you change your moniker to "Mister 10%".

Ever notice the farther out in multi-sigma land from the norm, the more

arrogantly cocksure of their oddball opinions?

Wierd....

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/517064-nebraska-football-zebra-exasperation

Nice article.

I predict the following responses:

10% Problem? There's a problem with the officiating? They're just inept. Besides, how can we really KNOW anything?

20% NU fans should be too classy to mention this. It's rude. Pretend you don't notice it. Be nice.

40% It sure as h*** does smell funny!!!!! We should file a protest with the NCAA!

20% F*** 'em! We'll take what we want anyway!

10% Expose'! Beebe was disguised as an official at the game!

I have been calling for us to locate Mel Gibson since something is going here. The Mizzou non-call is being most egregious non-call I have ever seen. They even replayed the play. They could've flagged Osborne for the hit since it was a little high, but without a flag, they have to review what happened. Forward progress was stopped!!!! Then the Helu fumble, the non-call on Klein trying to break the neck of our player. In the Texas game we get flagged for a pass interference but the exact same play against Texas doesn't get called. The announcer even said, if that calls goes against NU, don't you have to call that on Texas? It only takes some subtle non-calls to effect a game. If the game is close, a close call here and there can change the outcome. The fumble on Helu against ISU lead to a TD. That game went to OT tied. The pick plays the ISU ran on two different drives led to scores for ISU.

You get the picture? We could've lost the ISU game based on BS calls. Helu, pick plays, pass interference etc. That is what Beebe is trying to do.

I won't be surprised if some funky calls prevent NU from winning the Big 12 Championship.

"Actually that was the correct call. His forward progress had been stopped and he had been driven pretty much parallel from the numbers out of bounds, the ref just didn't blow the whistle right away".

LOL!!!!

I'm sorry you don't agree but I specifcally remeber watching the line judge during this play and he waved his hands over his head signalling the clock to keep running and then I heard the whistle in East stadium. And yes Rex's progress had stopped well before he stepped out of bounds. I don't remeber how much time was left either but don't forget that the clock doesn't stop if you go out of bounds above 2 minutes unless you get a first down.

I see you've added to your previous post too. Let me just say that I have no idea why you're calling me out on my opinion in such an arrogant fashion, but in no way am I being "cocksure" and in no way is my opinion "oddball". I try to know and understand the rules and I try to keep an unbiased opinion about the officating as well, even though it's been very hard this year.

LOL!!!!

I'm sorry you don't agree but I specifcally remeber watching the line judge during this play and he waved his hands over his head signalling the clock to keep running and then I heard the whistle in East stadium. And yes Rex's progress had stopped well before he stepped out of bounds. I don't remeber how much time was left either but don't forget that the clock doesn't stop if you go out of bounds above 2 minutes unless you get a first down.

I don't really mind the disagreement but found the tone of your post irritating.