Pelini Needs To Act More Like COach Osborne

Bo is not Tom, and Tom is not Bo. If Tom was Bo, poor Osborne would have had many heartattacks.

Bo Pelini simply fights for his players and commits a lot of passion to the game. That is why players have not given up on him. If Bo was mean maniac like some folks on this board are making him out to be, don't you think some players from the Huskers would have transfered elsewhere?

No, that should tell you that your not on the sidelines and don't hear the words coming out of his mouth.

As a life long Husker fan, I am very disappointed in the way Bo continues to act after we lose. He comes across as a very bad sport who does not represent the Huskers well! He whines, cries, criticizes, and makes tons of excuses without taking any responsibility for the poor play. We only scored 6 points, you cannot expect to win scoring 6 points. We have now had our butts handed to us against Texas and Texas A&M in a year where we desperately needed to beat both of them. Bo embarrassed us after the 2009 BCG and now by his actions he is doing it again. Win with class, lose with class is what Coach Osborne always said. As for me, I have had enough of this whining inept coach who comes off like a cry baby. Coach Osborne needs to sit the young man down and show him hoe he looks on t.v, like a whining idiot.

Bo is Bo. That ain't changing.

Maybe you don't watch the games we win, but just to fill you in, this is how he acts when we win to! It's Bo, it's who he is. Maybe watch some old episodes of Dancing with the Stars if you don't like it.

Keep the fire Bo!

I like his fire and respect his competitiveness. But I have to say that his blowup on T-Mart made me feel a bit queasy. Is it just me or is most of his fire directed negatively? Sure was tonight.

I'm hoping Bo can grow up and take his lumps on this one. He kind of blew it tonight. Learn your lesson and move on. And kick CU's ass on Friday...

Passion != Rage

Bo being Bo is not an excuse. I appreciate, and encourage, fire and passion in a coaching staff just as much as anyone, and Bo certainly has that, but he also has more than that. It is entirely possible to be passionate without being entirely disrespectful and classless towards the officials, regardless of whether or not they deserve it. An eye for an eye is no way to live life, nor is it a way to coach. You're asking for your team to get the raw end when you belittle the people that decide such things.

Our biggest recruiting pitch at Nebraska is that we will turn your son into a man. In what world is it okay for a man to act like that (besides, apparently, on a football field)? I realize that's easy to say being someone that wasn't in the moment, but what good does it do you to be a respectful adult only when it's easy?

Surely I'll take heat for this, I have before, other people feel differently. I personally don't see certain areas of Bo's sideline demeanor as being acceptable to any extent, but I still believe in him and believe he's the right person for the job.

I agree 100% and as long as he acts like this, he's going to take points off the board and add penalties on. Officials are not going to tolerate this and they wont next year either.

You know, during that game last night, how many Husker fans would have been able not to be yelling and sreaming at the officials? How many Husker fans would have not wanted to punch or beat the breath out of some of the refs?

I give Bo Pelini all the credit in the world, because if it was me, i would have knocked out the closest official to me.

You know, during that game last night, how many Husker fans would have been able not to be yelling and sreaming at the officials? How many Husker fans would have not wanted to punch or beat the breath out of some of the refs?

I give Bo Pelini all the credit in the world, because if it was me, i would have knocked out the closest official to me.

and you would be unemployed today...my general sense of the penalties last night is they went from poor execution to more personal fowls as the game went on...which tells me that cools were lost when we maybe had it coming, then the spiraling downward until Bo got to a point where the officials had enough. if that was a basketball game, the T's would have been flying and Bo would have been ejected. and Yes the roughing call was horrible, but the team was breaking down on O and Bo could not keep his cool over it.

and you would be unemployed today...my general sense of the penalties last night is they went from poor execution to more personal fowls as the game went on...which tells me that cools were lost when we maybe had it coming, then the spiraling downward until Bo got to a point where the officials had enough. if that was a basketball game, the T's would have been flying and Bo would have been ejected. and Yes the roughing call was horrible, but the team was breaking down on O and Bo could not keep his cool over it.

Come on. The O wasnt getting it done but the refs had an agenda.

Im unemployed anyway. :LOLtartar

I don't understand how "we had it coming" when it came to penalties...

I'm not exactly a happy camper at the moment and I am glad that I didn't have all my actions on film tonight. But I have to agree with you. Bo is Bo and he doesn't have a very good poker face. I do feel that some of his sideline behaviour is becoming very embarassing. His tirade with tMart was rediculous as was his tirade with Cotton once the truth came out what caused that ordeal. Hopefully Tom will have a chat with him.

You can't judge Bo after the fact on the Cotton penalty. Bo saw Ben kicking at the guy. You would have tore Cotton a new a$$ too in that situation. I'm sure an apology will be coming during films.

To the people that thinks he needs to act like Coach Osborne--- :facepalm::facepalm:

You obviously dont understand whats going on here. The huskers are getting the screwed job game after game and I believe it peaked as far as frustration and being pissed off. Bo is fighting for his team and we arent getting a fair shake.

Tom Osborne used to drive me crazy with his lack of emotion and his hangdog pressers after a losing game. Frankly I don't want another Osborne, I want another Devaney. I want a coach who gets fired up for a game and expects the same of his players.

Tell me, what is the proper way to respond when you're getting cheated? I know this thread was started by a troll but seriously those of you who agree with him should think about wearing sun dresses when you watch the game.

• Fire 1

Tom Osborne used to drive me crazy with his lack of emotion and his hangdog pressers after a losing game. Frankly I don't want another Osborne, I want another Devaney. I want a coach who gets fired up for a game and expects the same of his players.

Tell me, what is the proper way to respond when you're getting cheated? I know this thread was started by a troll but seriously those of you who agree with him should think about wearing sun dresses when you watch the game.

:yeah

There are situations in this world that call for being impolite.

I like his fire and respect his competitiveness. But I have to say that his blowup on T-Mart made me feel a bit queasy. Is it just me or is most of his fire directed negatively? Sure was tonight.

I'm hoping Bo can grow up and take his lumps on this one. He kind of blew it tonight. Learn your lesson and move on. And kick CU's ass on Friday...

Really? What did Bo say? Was he criticizing Martinez? Was he firing him up, telling him to shake it off and get back in there? When Bo is hot, he looks the part. When he wins he still looks that way. BTW, Tom could crank it up and get really mad as well. But there wasn't YouTube back then.

I've seen two threads now by the OP, I won't be responding to a third.

The last thing Bo Pelini needs to do is act more like some other human being. You are who you are. Period. There are literally millions of miserable people in this world attempting and failing at exactly what you propose; trying to be somebody they aren't.

That said...Bo's behavior is becoming a liability. I don't care what anyone says about passion as a way of deflecting criticism from Bo, and I don't want to hear about the officiating last night. That was, without question, the most one-sided game I have ever witnessed. That type of game makes me want to ask if Tim Donaghy briefed all of the refs before the game started.

And yet, that doesn't excuse the behavior. Bo looked completely out of control last night. Again, I couldn't care any less about whether you think he was justified or not. Referees are human beings too...and if somebody is acting like a petulant and aggressive dbag all game long, all season long, third season in the Big 12 now, maybe you get to a point where you say "you know what? * this guy, I've had it. That hit looked late to me."

Any comment about "well, then, they shouldn't be referees" will whistle right by me. 'Cause guess what? They ARE. And something isn't right here.

Is it because we're leaving the Big 12? Sure, maybe. Bo's antics aren't helping us any though. And any athlete on the fence about Nebraska might watch Bo screaming into the face of his injured QB while making physical contact with him and say, "Yikes! Man, I don't want to put up with that." Or maybe it'll be his mom or dad.

I love coach Pelini. His passion is what turned a bunch of hangdog, defeated kids from 2007 into a squad that took heavy lumps from OU and Misery in '08, got off the mat, and found a way to improve week after week until they matched up against a very athletic Clemson team in the Gator Bowl and won it with conviction and heart. There is no doubt that Pelini has instilled that heart, that belief in themselves, and, most importantly, that vicious defense. There is no better defensive mind in the game, and I believe that. I don't want a new coach. I don't want a sanitized and disingenuous Pelini out there muttering safe and scripted statements. I DO want him to make the effort to appear a little more stable, and a little less like somebody who does muscle work for the Lucchese family.

And I'm tired of the bitching at the referees. The day I see a coach yell at a ref, watch the ref reflect on what was said and pick up a flag and cancel the penalty is the day I'll say "Have it Bo! Get right in there!" Seeing as how I've watched about every televised college football game I could for the last twenty years and have never once seen that happen, I'm going to conclude that it never will happen.

I don't know. I'm just still so frustrated by that travesty I watched last night.