Pelini Needs To Act More Like COach Osborne

I was watching the game last night with friends from Canada. Not really football fans, but made comments about Bo being out of control. Bo does need to learn to control his temper. But last night would have been a test for pretty much anyone.

Bo is never going to be Osborne. Get over it. But Bo does need to control himself on National television, which he has had a problem with since day one. I think the Martinez deal did more harm, as my friends felt he was mad at him for being injured. I wonder how many saw it that way? Things are different, fish bowl life for all involved.

I has bad feelings about this game, but it never crossed my mind that the officiating would be so bad.

Sorry for the kids, but some of the calls were brought on by Bo in my mind. So if you are going to play with fire, you will eventually get burned. I just hope this dislike form the officiating side does not follow us to the Big Ten.

Plain and simple, he needs to calm down. Can he is the question.

In three years at Nebraska, Bo has had two flags thrown on him for his behavior. I'd say that's a pretty good record for a guy that supposedly has no self-control with his temper. I think people are so used to having a coach at Nebraska that is an absolute corpse on the sideline that they find Bo unbearable. Is that bad? No, not necessarily. I think everyone who has a problem with Bo should put themselves in his shoes. Yeah, most of you would probably say, "But he's the head coach so he should set a better example." I call BS on that. I think that the guy in charge should show everyone else who is boss and why he is the boss. Bo's way of doing that is getting on the officials and his own players when they make mistakes. Big deal.

You see two flags on him, but how many have been thrown because of his sideline actions is the question. How many could have gone the other way. How many being picked up.

He is an embarassment to the program at times. The media knows his actions and follow him continously to showcase his actions. Never saw Sherman one time like we saw Pelini.

You can not be a raving Ahole on the sideline, and not have someone take exception to it. I think it happened last night.

I think it takes a lot of crap for a ref to throw a flag on a bench. That said, 2 of them are plenty enough for me. If it was basketball, how 'T"s would have ben tossed at Bo? Probably would be the most penalized man since Tiger Woods. granted it is football and it is not as intimate as basketball, but he does look look a tortured soul on the sidelines at times. What you love about the guy is what you don't love about the guy

You see two flags on him, but how many have been thrown because of his sideline actions is the question. How many could have gone the other way. How many being picked up.

He is an embarassment to the program at times. The media knows his actions and follow him continously to showcase his actions. Never saw Sherman one time like we saw Pelini.

You can not be a raving Ahole on the sideline, and not have someone take exception to it. I think it happened last night.

I don't really know what you mean by "...how many have been thrown because of his sideline actions is the question." If you mean, how many flags have been thrown on him directly for his behavior, it's two. If you mean something else, I have no idea.

In three years at Nebraska, Bo has had two flags thrown on him for his behavior. I'd say that's a pretty good record for a guy that supposedly has no self-control with his temper. I think people are so used to having a coach at Nebraska that is an absolute corpse on the sideline that they find Bo unbearable. Is that bad? No, not necessarily. I think everyone who has a problem with Bo should put themselves in his shoes. Yeah, most of you would probably say, "But he's the head coach so he should set a better example." I call BS on that. I think that the guy in charge should show everyone else who is boss and why he is the boss. Bo's way of doing that is getting on the officials and his own players when they make mistakes. Big deal.

Who that we've played has had a penalty on the bench, not just in Bo's tenure, but in the last decade? In fact I have seen it maybe once or twice in all the fb Ive watched over many years. You have to really be a horses A to get a bench flag. It is not like BB at all. The thing is the reputation will carry over to other games and the flag will come out sooner or the officials know that they will have to put up with abuse all night. And the Taylor M exchange if you watch it on Ytube, you know that it is only a matter of time before he strikes a kid or one cleans his clock.

It is beyond what I've seen for an entire game. TV coverage will focus on looking for a Bo meltdown, rather than our game.

Who that we've played has had a penalty on the bench, not just in Bo's tenure, but in the last decade? In fact I have seen it maybe once or twice in all the fb Ive watched over many years. You have to really be a horses A to get a bench flag. It is not like BB at all. The thing is the reputation will carry over to other games and the flag will come out sooner or the officials know that they will have to put up with abuse all night. And the Taylor M exchange if you watch it on Ytube, you know that it is only a matter of time before he strikes a kid or one cleans his clock.

It is beyond what I've seen for an entire game. TV coverage will focus on looking for a Bo meltdown, rather than our game.

Does it really matter how many opposing coaches have gotten flags throw on them? I could have sworn we were talking about Bo here. And, no, Bo would never strike a player. He might get in your face and spit fire at you, but he's smart enough not to hit anyone.

What he means is, how many times referees have penalized our team on iffy calls because the refs are disposed that way as a result of Bo's behavior towards them. And how many times refs have given other teams the benefit of the doubt on stuff like holding, for the same reasons.

Bo's gotta watch out in this regard, and I hope TO is a good mentor here.

Rumor is that the Big Ten heads are meeting this evening via phone conference to discuss if they really want a team with a character like Bo to become a member of the conference. There is a level of sophistication that they apparently want to maintain, and not sure Bo reaches that bar.

You joined just to make a lame troll comment like that? :troll:

Tom Osborne used to drive me crazy with his lack of emotion and his hangdog pressers after a losing game. Frankly I don't want another Osborne, I want another Devaney. I want a coach who gets fired up for a game and expects the same of his players.

Tell me, what is the proper way to respond when you're getting cheated? I know this thread was started by a troll but seriously those of you who agree with him should think about wearing sun dresses when you watch the game.

:yeah

There are situations in this world that call for being impolite.

Absolutely no excuse to tell anyone, yet alone and official during a football game "f--- you!" which he did to get the sideline personal foul (watch the tape, you can read his lips). I don't care how badly you're getting jobbed, there is no excuse for that kind of stuff. Class act, Bo...

I read his lips too, pretty obvious that he let that fly and the cheating feeb in strips threw the flag.

As far as there "NEVER" being an excuse to tell anyone that? There are plenty of times it appropriate ... like right this minute.

Drumline,

If you have someone yelling at you continously, calling you every name in the world, spitting all over you when he talks, eyes bulging, veins throbbing, for the whole game, just maybe, you will see things differently if it is borderline, a way at getting back for the beating you have taken. I do not know that it has happened, but my guess is that is what happened last night.

No one doing their job should have to put up with what Pelini does to officials. I would almost bet he gets some type of reprimand form the conference and certainly form Coach Osborne.

We lost the game last night, not due to officiating, we lost it due to coaching and the actions of the coaching staff.

I think Bo is a great coach, but his sideline actions are not what Nebraska needs. Coaches are under a microscope, with internet and TV coverage. He needs to change them, or my guess is he will not be here much longer.

What he means is, how many times referees have penalized our team on iffy calls because the refs are disposed that way as a result of Bo's behavior towards them. And how many times refs have given other teams the benefit of the doubt on stuff like holding, for the same reasons.

Bo's gotta watch out in this regard, and I hope TO is a good mentor here.

Thanks, zoogies. As for that, you can't really blame Bo, IMO. The refs are supposed to be objective out there. Not making calls based off of who is pissing them off.

Drumline,

If you have someone yelling at you continously, calling you every name in the world, spitting all over you when he talks, eyes bulging, veins throbbing, for the whole game, just maybe, you will see things differently if it is borderline, a way at getting back for the beating you have taken. I do not know that it has happened, but my guess is that is what happened last night.

No one doing their job should have to put up with what Pelini does to officials. I would almost bet he gets some type of reprimand form the conference and certainly form Coach Osborne.

We lost the game last night, not due to officiating, we lost it due to coaching and the actions of the coaching staff.

I think Bo is a great coach, but his sideline actions are not what Nebraska needs. Coaches are under a microscope, with internet and TV coverage. He needs to change them, or my guess is he will not be here much longer.

I didn't say they should put up with it. I believe Bo should have been penalized, no question. The only problem I have is that the refs should not punish the rest of the team for Bo's behavior, like skersfan is questioning. Refs should be objective.

I don't agree with any of this. Without Bo's passion and great coaching, Our D isnt playing lights out. The man is getting screwed and quite honestly if I was in his position i'd be pretty close to ringing the officials neck too. The man feels handicapped and he knows no other team in the country has to play like Nebraska does just to win a game. He feels his players have to play with one arm around his back and thats simply not fair. As far as recruits go, they dont care about all that. they know we got screwed and dont mind Bo getting all crazy. Bo loves his players and they know that. The Martinez situation is interesting. If the "texting" rumor is true then maybe Taylor deserves it but who knows. It also could've been a inspirational "if you want to be the best, this is your time" kinda speech. One thing you also have to take into consideration is that Taylor walks around like he doesnt understand the moment. almost like he doesnt care as much as he should. Im not saying thats true or anything but at this time you have to take everything into consideration. Lets also take into consideration that he might be scratching his head on how inept cody green is. He prob cant believe how unpolished this guy is. Think about the stress he has to deal with because he has to coach a nearly perfect Defensive game just to have a chance to win. I dont blame him to be going crazy. He prepares his ass off every week and has a great gameplan and it all goes to waste because he gets screwed. Really put yourself in his shoes before you judge.

• Fire 1

It happens every day in life. It should be different in this situation. But I have seen it numerous times on TV, and I am a Nebraska fan, I think it is terrible. I know I have bad feelings about Bo regarding it. What is it like having it in your face for four hours?

We knew what we were getting when Bo came here. He is not personable, he is driven, he is a old time football coach. He is one of a dying breed, a good man, but he needs to understand his actions do have consequences.