Thanks, Watson...

I don't think there's any way you can blame Watson for failing to develop Cody Green. Green has just not panned out so far, and part of that is his fault, and part of that is the situation (not being able to redshirt when he needed to).

Because Watson's work bringing along Taylor as a quarterback has been nothing short of impressive.

You can't at once deflect blame from Watson for Green's development AND credit him for Martinez's development. He coaches both of them. He's either responsible for both of them, or for neither one.

Well said. And frankly, I think you could get away with pinning Green's lack of development on Watson while simultaneously refusing to give Watson credit for Martinez. How?

Because the things that make Martinez special are clearly natural abilities. It's basically his speed. He is very raw. In fact, the more the season progresses---that is to say, the more he seems to work with Watson---the worse Martinez is. When was the last time he ran for a TD? K State?

You can't teach poise and Green has no poise in the pocket. To put it plain and simple, he panics under pressure. Either you have it or you don't, and clearly Green doesn't have what it takes. He's a bust. Get over it.

I think the injuries late-season are really mounting. Never mind the QB position, we are probably really missing Mike Smith like we wouldn't have imagined. How is Marcel Jones? I don't recall his name coming up much; is he still hobbled?

everyone gets injuries. Not everyone looks consistently inept and outsmarted and like we have 5 damn plays in our entire play book.

I would give Watson a B on play calling. We had a healthy run:pass ratio. In spite of not scoring any touchdowns, we were able to move the ball fairly well against arguably the best defense we've seen this year. And our pass plays would've been much more effective if our QBs would've made better throws and/or better decisions. Two crucial pass plays come to mind immediately: Martinez INT, and the 3rd and 7 pass that was broken up forcing us to settle for a field goal to tie the game at 6.

Martinez INT - he has connected a few times with Reed on that exact play several times this year, and on every one of those connections Reed ran a skinny post, and that was the route he ran again tonight. But for some reason, Martinez threw it like Reed was running a straight-line seam route. That was a perfect play call at that time, and could've even been a TD to put us of 10-3. The INT was completely on Martinez' shoulders, not Watson.

The 3rd and 7 pass to Kinnie that was broken up - while I think the initial flag (PI on aTm CB) was legit and should not have been waived off by the refs, I think Martinez made a poor decision to pass it to Kinnie in the 1st place. After replaying the routes on that play, I noticed McNeil ran a beautiful corner route behind Kinnie, and he had his man beat by 2-3 yards for what would've been an easy TD and huge blow to aTm.

These were game-changing plays that Martinez will learn from. And they were the right play calls by Watson. In fact, I'd say when Watson did call a pass play, they were solid, especially the slant routes and the out patterns. We converted several key 3rd downs on good pass plays.

• Fire 2

Didnt read the whole thread but my thought is this.. Cody Green is terrible, tonight was his night to cement his legacy. We all know he will never start but for tonight atleast he had the chance to define his career, and a season and will at least for me always be remembered as a complete buffon at qb.

Dude...how you going to blame Cody?

Didnt read the whole thread but my thought is this.. Cody Green is terrible, tonight was his night to cement his legacy. We all know he will never start but for tonight atleast he had the chance to define his career, and a season and will at least for me always be remembered as a complete buffon at qb.

Dude...how you going to blame Cody?

R you serious? He is bad, real bad. What does he bring to the table besides his cement shoes, errant passes and bad ball skills? How many fumbles is that now?

Osborne had to deal with injuries to star players, he had to deal with suspensions to star players, he had to deal with everything that Watson and this offensive coaching staff have had to deal with.

But Osborne never had offenses that were this inept on a regular basis. SOLICH didn't even have offenses this inept on a regular basis.

You know most of the balls that i didn't see caught, were thrown by Cody Green. I can give Taylor some props for going out there and trying his best and making a few bad passes on that bad ankle. But Cody doesn't have an excuse to throw a hail mary ball 15 yards away from the reciever and get intercepted and then look at the camera confused like "what did i do wrong?"

I won't lay all the blame on Watson, i still think he is our guy, unless someone wants to throw out names for an offensive coordinator.

But i wanted to see more play action in the fourth quarter because it seemed they were really bitting hard on the run.

6 points against a mediocre defense speaks for itself. How many horrible offensive games do we need to have before people realize he sucks?

Wastson can't get a 4 star recruit ready to play QB after 2 years, but A&M can get a WR ready in a week? Ridiculous.

And yes A LOT of those OFFENSIVE penalties were a direct result of poor OFFENSIVE coaching. Just like they have been since Watson has been here.